Viduka

Cajun

Kanu has a quality touch tbh, not a big fan of him but he's got that.

Completely agree with that, with the ball at his feet - little touches, etc - he's good. But so's Viduka - but better in many other aspects. ;)

Aye, Viduka is mint.

Yesterday summed him up for me, may be called a fat lazy aussie bastard but he looked class. He makes space to score goals, is a very tidy finisher and has strength and intelligence to hold the ball up and put others in.

Really don't see the problem in signing him for a couple of years, vast improvement on Sibierski and his goalscoring ability is right up there.

As said before we can be snobs and rule him out but the simple facts are, we need defenders and we might not have an unlimited transfer budget.

Yesterday summed him up for me, may be called a fat lazy aussie b****** but he looked class. He makes space to score goals, is a very tidy finisher and has strength and intelligence to hold the ball up and put others in.

Really don't see the problem in signing him for a couple of years, vast improvement on Sibierski and his goalscoring ability is right up there.

As said before we can be snobs and rule him out but the simple facts are, we need defenders and we might not have an unlimited transfer budget.

Agree with everything you said there except for the fat Aussie bastard :D :knuppel2:

He's scored 18 goals in 60 games at Boro...I don't think the stats bear out the rose tinted on here. I think he takes pens as well doesn't he...So you can knock 4/5 off that as well.

Guest eyeball_tickler

we've paid considerably more for considerably less in the past.

if he's free, i think it would be a great signing.

He's scored 18 goals in 60 games at Boro...I don't think the stats bear out the rose tinted on here. I think he takes pens as well doesn't he...So you can knock 4/5 off that as well.

yakubu takes the pens.

He isn't just about goals although that record isn't too bad. As someone has said (YG I think) he would work well with Owen and Martins. His hold up play would allow us to keep possesion in attack.

Also he has scored 14 this season so are you sure those stats are correct? I doubt he has only scored 4 goals for them before this season!

Ah ok, fair enough. Shearer only got about 150 for us then, cos penalty's don't count do they. They're not difficult to take - no one ever misses them. They don't change games, do they. Of course not.

And anyhow, he's scored an absolute boatload more in the cup competitions. He's been an invaluable player to Boro - all the Smoggies are desperate for him to stay.

He isn't just about goals although that record isn't too bad. As someone has said (YG I think) he would work well with Owen and Martins. His hold up play would allow us to keep possesion in attack.

Also he has scored 14 this season so are you sure those stats are correct? I doubt he has only scored 4 goals for them before this season!

Yup. On average nowadays, a prolonged eriod of time for us in the final third, lasts about four and a half seconds. Viduka is one of those types of players who can change that.

Ah ok, fair enough. Shearer only got about 150 for us then, cos penalty's don't count do they. They're not difficult to take - no one ever misses them. They don't change games, do they. Of course.

And anyhow, he's scored an absolute boatload more in the cup competitions. He's been an invaluable player to Boro - all the Smoggies are desperate for him to stay.

Yeah he did get 6 in the Uefa cup against Latvian/Polish/Norweigan part-timers.

Parky's only counted Premier League goals. He's been in double figures (i think over 15 aswell) in all his seasons at the Boro, presuming he does so in this one aswell.

Ah ok, fair enough. Shearer only got about 150 for us then, cos penalty's don't count do they. They're not difficult to take - no one ever misses them. They don't change games, do they. Of course.

We talking about Martins or Viduka? ;)

Agree with everything you said there except for the fat Aussie bastard :D :knuppel2:

Get in there lad - it's not like every time we refer to an Englishmen we say "soap dodging Pommy whingers who are shite at cricket and tennis and only margianally better at football" ;)

And Parky, I think it might be you living in dreamland if you think Kanu is close to Viduka...

Who scored for us against those Latvian part-timers, again?

Oh yeah. No one.

He will want 40/50k a week if we get him free.

Babel will want £40/50k a week, and we'll have to pay £8m on top of that to Ajax.

Guest eyeball_tickler

if this "clear out" does happen then we can give him 40k. 40k a week for 15+ goals a season is a bargain.

Are you really comparing Viduka ( and I do like some of his attributes and yes YG there is merit in what you say) to this:

Nwankwo Kanu (born August 1, 1976 in Owerri, Nigeria), usually known simply as Kanu, is a professional footballer who plays as a striker for the Nigerian national team and for English club Portsmouth. He is the most highly-decorated African footballer in footballing history, with over 10 awards to boast of, including a UEFA Champions League medal, a UEFA Cup medal and two African Player of the Year awards. He is also the only current Premiership player to have won the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, Premiership and FA Cup.

:lol:

Owen and Martins are here for goalgetting remember.....And think what hooftastic material Viduka will make (my main fear).

if this "clear out" does happen then we can give him 40k. 40k a week for 15+ goals a season is a bargain.

Good point....But replace baggage with baggage?