So looks like Zoggy is off in the summer.

Parky

Guest JamesD

i think it could have been alkmaar at home where we lined up like this (only gonna list people key to the post because i dont remember everyone who started)

but Solano was RB with dyer ahead of him and Sibi + Martins up top. Butt was in the midfield and sat back and allowed solano to get forward and dyer to cut inside more. best of both worlds. Dyer's running at defenders and solano's crossing ability.

I'm still not sure what Dyers best position is. At the moment he would be better played in central midfield, but I don;'t think he's a natural there nor up front. When he was younger, at Ipswich, he played a more right sided role, although not a touchline hogger.

If anything, we have 3 players who ALL need a partner of the type you describe. Tevez anyone ?

Surely Viduka has to be an option - forget the fact he's out of contract, he is quality, has excellent technique and is strong as an ox on the ball. Yes, I'm biased, but would you say Viduka fits the requirements you, HTL and madras have suggested?

And as I have stated, spending this money on a defender would have achieved almost nothing re-our pattern of play and pretty much a zero effect on the fact that we have spent so many games defending desperately and scrapping a few points while being the inferior team due to conceding the initiative.

Aye, its not often that we have any sort of initiative when our fullbacks are kicking the ball straight out of play half the time or producing shiite passes. Ala Ramage, Huntington, Carr, right footed shiite defenders who have had to play an entire season at left back between them.

And as said before, youve been PROVED wrong. 5mill on Duff has done fuck all for us, whether its creativity, goals, or keeping the ball. 5mill on defenders, on the other hand, could well have seen us higher up the league. Eg Sorin, Sol Campbell, etc.

But anyway, youre full of shiite, so dont let any sort of common sense stop your pro-Shepherd crusade.

Odd, but I don;t see me starting too many threads about Shepherd, pro-board or otherwise. But keep on making things up.

All I do is point out the FACT that only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us over a decade, which is far from being shite.

Nor is buying major international players and filling a 50,000 stadium with people happy to witness "mediocrity".

I have not been proved wrong on anything. Other than not having the foresight to see that Duff would not play the way he did at Blackburn and to a lesser extent at Chelsea, bearing in mind he was at a club of expensive superstars * and as such didn't get a run in the team.

Did you predict this BTW ? Would you mind telling us the 6 lottery numbers this saturday  :lol: that is AFTER you have told me who exactly are all these "trophy" players we have a Newcastle [as you claimed it not me] and then tell us who you think we would have been better off buying instead [again, your claim not mine] but carry on creating an agenda and slating the club for attempting to be successful if you like.

Whatever the limitations of one or two of our defenders, the point is that our front players have limitations too, and when they do receive an accurate ball, lose possession far too easily. This has been obvious all season. We have played too many games where we have been outplayed, a better defender will not solve this. The best defenders struggle if they are under constant pressure, and there is a lack of good players in front of them to make space to receive a ball out from the back. Games are bossed in midfield.

* trophy players

bump.

for tmonkey [and anyone else who shares the view he has]

Serious question. I would really like to know, just who exactly these "trophy" players are, that they criticise the club for buying, and why anyone thinks we have any chance of catching Chelsea and manu if we don't buy players that they themselves would like to have ?

I'm still not sure what Dyers best position is. At the moment he would be better played in central midfield, but I don;'t think he's a natural there nor up front. When he was younger, at Ipswich, he played a more right sided role, although not a touchline hogger.

If anything, we have 3 players who ALL need a partner of the type you describe. Tevez anyone ?

Surely Viduka has to be an option - forget the fact he's out of contract, he is quality, has excellent technique and is strong as an ox on the ball. Yes, I'm biased, but would you say Viduka fits the requirements you, HTL and madras have suggested?

yes, I would, but it depends on the fee. I don't think he is worth a lot of money as he disappears into a hole in the ground too often for my liking, but as a short term buy while we look around for the right younger model, why not.

I think that Yakubu would be canny as well, or preferably. Can you think of other possibilities as well ?

And as I have stated, spending this money on a defender would have achieved almost nothing re-our pattern of play and pretty much a zero effect on the fact that we have spent so many games defending desperately and scrapping a few points while being the inferior team due to conceding the initiative.

Aye, its not often that we have any sort of initiative when our fullbacks are kicking the ball straight out of play half the time or producing shiite passes. Ala Ramage, Huntington, Carr, right footed shiite defenders who have had to play an entire season at left back between them.

And as said before, youve been PROVED wrong. 5mill on Duff has done fuck all for us, whether its creativity, goals, or keeping the ball. 5mill on defenders, on the other hand, could well have seen us higher up the league. Eg Sorin, Sol Campbell, etc.

But anyway, youre full of shiite, so dont let any sort of common sense stop your pro-Shepherd crusade.

Odd, but I don;t see me starting too many threads about Shepherd, pro-board or otherwise. But keep on making things up.

All I do is point out the FACT that only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us over a decade, which is far from being shite.

Nor is buying major international players and filling a 50,000 stadium with people happy to witness "mediocrity".

I have not been proved wrong on anything. Other than not having the foresight to see that Duff would not play the way he did at Blackburn and to a lesser extent at Chelsea, bearing in mind he was at a club of expensive superstars * and as such didn't get a run in the team.

Did you predict this BTW ? Would you mind telling us the 6 lottery numbers this saturday  :lol: that is AFTER you have told me who exactly are all these "trophy" players we have a Newcastle [as you claimed it not me] and then tell us who you think we would have been better off buying instead [again, your claim not mine] but carry on creating an agenda and slating the club for attempting to be successful if you like.

Whatever the limitations of one or two of our defenders, the point is that our front players have limitations too, and when they do receive an accurate ball, lose possession far too easily. This has been obvious all season. We have played too many games where we have been outplayed, a better defender will not solve this. The best defenders struggle if they are under constant pressure, and there is a lack of good players in front of them to make space to receive a ball out from the back. Games are bossed in midfield.

* trophy players

bump.

Serious question. I would really like to know, just who exactly these "trophy" players are, that they criticise the club for buying, and why anyone thinks we have any chance of catching Chelsea and manu if we don't buy players that they themselves would like to have ?

Such as Butt, Parker and Duff?

* trophy players

bump.

Such as Butt, Parker and Duff?

You think they are "trophy" players  mackems.gif

Mind you, they are all contributing more to the club than your idol, Tina, in fact if Duff can score one more goal, he's equalled Tina's last seasons total at the club.

How anyone can call Parker or Butt trophy signings is beyond me, Butt was seen by many as the player we needed in midfield to really make us contenders.

Parker, meanwhile, is hardly a glamorous player either and was signed at a time where CM was a need.

Duff could be classed as a trophy signing though, depending on how you define the term. Big name, big reputation player who was signed for a position that wasn't a pressing need by any means, who took the place of one of our more promising, though less well-known first teamers.

How anyone can call Parker or Butt trophy signings is beyond me, Butt was seen by many as the player we needed in midfield to really make us contenders.

Parker, meanwhile, is hardly a glamorous player either and was signed at a time where CM was a need.

indeed. We will wait for mandy's response.

He thinks Arsprilla was a good signing, he's his hero, and wasn't a trophy signing at all, and scored a mighty 2 goals in his last season  :smitten:

Duff could be classed as a trophy signing though, depending on how you define the term. Big name, big reputation player who was signed for a position that wasn't a pressing need by any means, who took the place of one of our more promising, though less well-known first teamers.

not sure about this, as chelsea let him go. If anything, IMO, based on the fact that we will not catch the teams above us unless we have players they themselves want, we need more quality * players

* = "trophy" players

I think Roeder thought we'd get Bridge but that went awry when the Ashley Cole to Chelsea deal became so protracted (and led to Gallas going the other way). The Bernard signing though? To defend that and call the Parker signing 'gash' :lol:

Read the f****** post and then show me where I'm defending the signing of Bernard...... :idiot2:

The signing of Parker was the move of an idiot, a total waste of the clubs money the same as the signing of Luque has been. Parker is shit, simple as that and that makes him a gash signing no matter how you want to look at it.

a lot has been made of balance etc,this works throughout the team,not just left and right.we have been forced to play with players up front who cannot play that position and have a natural tendancy to drop off(sib and dyer).unless the remaining forward is of a hold em up style player the entire formation will struggle.martins will benefit hugely from having another able body beside him,regardless of big or small as it will create space for him.at present both centre halves can play towards him,one can get tighter than normal due to the centre half not worrying about getting turned etc as the other centre half will be covering due to our lack of other forward or movement from midfield.

yet again the silly argument seems to be resurfacing about buying duff before a defender...it was never achoice of duff or defender,we had bids in for plenty of defenders,some of whom i didn't think were good enough(zat knight)but the bids were in.

buy more boumsongs or get better players when you can ?

Absolutely. Let's hope the people who keep banging on about this read your comment and actually understand it.

a lot has been made of balance etc,this works throughout the team,not just left and right.we have been forced to play with players up front who cannot play that position and have a natural tendancy to drop off(sib and dyer).unless the remaining forward is of a hold em up style player the entire formation will struggle.martins will benefit hugely from having another able body beside him,regardless of big or small as it will create space for him.at present both centre halves can play towards him,one can get tighter than normal due to the centre half not worrying about getting turned etc as the other centre half will be covering due to our lack of other forward or movement from midfield.

yet again the silly argument seems to be resurfacing about buying duff before a defender...it was never achoice of duff or defender,we had bids in for plenty of defenders,some of whom i didn't think were good enough(zat knight)but the bids were in.

Absolutely. Let's hope the people who keep banging on about this read your comment and actually understand it.

To be fair, I do remember Shepherd making comments last summer that we would be focusing our transfer efforts on getting in attacking players rather than defensive ones.

Can't find an article but I do remember him saying such.

Only defender I think we really targeted with any conviction was Bridge, which failed due to the saga that was the Cole transfer. We had alledged interests in Woodgate and Huth, but it seems that those efforts were half-hearted.

It seems unlikely that we'd fail to get any defenders in whatsoever if the manager acknowledged it was a position of need, so it would seem he didn't.

I think Roeder thought we'd get Bridge but that went awry when the Ashley Cole to Chelsea deal became so protracted (and led to Gallas going the other way). The Bernard signing though? To defend that and call the Parker signing 'gash' :lol:

Read the f****** post and then show me where I'm defending the signing of Bernard...... :idiot2:

The signing of Parker was the move of an idiot, a total waste of the clubs money the same as the signing of Luque has been. Parker is s***, simple as that and that makes him a gash signing no matter how you want to look at it.

Under Souness Parker was one of our best players

The fact that this season he is playing shit doesnt make him permament shit as you describe him

Zoggy was one of our best players last season

Now he plays very poorly so following your logic he is shit,simple as that and he is gash signing too :idiot2: :idiot2:

The signing of Parker was the move of an idiot, a total waste of the clubs money the same as the signing of Luque has been. Parker is shit, simple as that and that makes him a gash signing no matter how you want to look at it.

Money spent by an idiot, funded by an idiot.

HE IS NOT GOING TO BE SOLD

ITK  :lol:

f*** it, you know nowt, lets not pretend otherwise, and let you embarrass yourself any further.

Bet you 50 english pounds he does not

HE IS NOT GOING TO BE SOLD

ITK  :lol:

f*** it, you know nowt, lets not pretend otherwise, and let you embarrass yourself any further.

Bet you 50 english pounds he does not

genius, a bet with someone you'll never meet.

instead, how about you share how you know he won't.

can sort a way.  Just common sense really.  There are no direct quotes to show any one is serious about buying him and plenty to show glen will no sell him.  Add that to the fact he has just signed a new contract

But you read somthing on tribal football and tell all your mates ronaldo is coming.

ha ha.

you believe roeder. good lad, keep it up.

FFS you find 1 manager who doesn't lie...like i've said over and over again,they all tell what they think we want to hear,that goes for ferguson,wenger et al

ha ha.

FFS you find 1 manager who doesn't lie...like i've said over and over again,they all tell what they think we want to hear,that goes for ferguson,wenger et al

correct. so believing anything that one like roeder, who has been lying to US directly, is mental. or juvenile, most likely,

ha ha.

correct. so believing anything that one like roeder, who has been lying to US directly, is mental. or juvenile, most likely,

eh ?  so you agree all managers lie. "directly",you mean in interviews like all the rest and his lies are worse cos his results aren't as good as half the managers in his division.

your "liar" thing doesn't work cos they all do it and i wouldn't want a truethful manager

The signing of Parker was the move of an idiot, a total waste of the clubs money the same as the signing of Luque has been. Parker is s***, simple as that and that makes him a gash signing no matter how you want to look at it.

The fact that this season he is playing s*** doesnt make him permament s*** as you describe him

Now he plays very poorly so following your logic he is s***,simple as that and he is gash signing too :idiot2: :idiot2:

Mate, you may as well stop responding to anything I post, I can't be arsed replying to the tripe you post. Sorry, but I really don't give a toss what you have to say.

To be fair, I do remember Shepherd making comments last summer that we would be focusing our transfer efforts on getting in attacking players rather than defensive ones.

Can't find an article but I do remember him saying such.

Only defender I think we really targeted with any conviction was Bridge, which failed due to the saga that was the Cole transfer. We had alledged interests in Woodgate and Huth, but it seems that those efforts were half-hearted.

It seems unlikely that we'd fail to get any defenders in whatsoever if the manager acknowledged it was a position of need, so it would seem he didn't.

Could well be the case and if so I'd still have no issue with it. You can't buy an entire team and the priority had to be strikers, it still should be strikers. Having a bid in to sign Bridge shows that there was an interest in bringing in a LB, but strikers were needed more than defenders.

The fact that this season he is playing s*** doesnt make him permament s*** as you describe him

Now he plays very poorly so following your logic he is s***,simple as that and he is gash signing too :idiot2: :idiot2:

Mate, you may as well stop responding to anything I post, I can't be arsed replying to the tripe you post. Sorry, but I really don't give a toss what you have to say.

Stop writing tripe and i'll stop replying to it