Coleman Sacked

johnnypd

Coleman was a master of small-money management, and really the perfect manager for Fulham. Absolutely shocking that they've sacked him. I'd place them as odds on to go down next season.

Unless the board is planning some sort of massive cash injection, there's just about no hope for Fulham now.

3rd manager to lose their job immediately after losing to City in the past 15 months....

We're not that bad...  ???

Before anyone else jumps at the opportunity to say it....

Pity he's not the fourth  :crazy2:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Loving the irony of everyone looking down their noses at Fulham right now. ooh how dare they not appreciate thier position and sack their manager, as if they should be content with their position

the absolute fucking irony considering the whinging going here about what we deserve, coupled with the fact of where we actually are

If they want to better themselves, go for it I say, not too many years ago the same kind of closed minded attitudes were being directed at us. As for the timing, I think it's quality, the whole summer to get a replacement, rather than doing a potential Charlton next season

I f****** will.

Good guy, not good enough Premiership manager for a club like ours imo.

Why do you say he is not good enough for a club like us? Where do you see us? I see us as a midtable club with and I see Coleman as a proven midtable manager with extreme youth and parsimony transfer budget. You might critisise him for his direct football but such style is the only guaranttee for a club of Fulham's size (Bolton). I see enough potential in Coleman to think that it is worth the risk to give him a chance. He is innovative in the transfer market and he hasn't squandered any significant money.

An analysis on Fulham team

Niemi - Fee undisclosed

Knight - Signed by Keegan

Christanval - Free

Bocanegra - Free

Voltz - Nominal fee

Rosenoir - Youth product

Pearce - Fee undisclosed

Brown - Fee undisclosed

Diop - 2M

Jensen - 1.25M

Bullard - 2M

Routledge - Loan

Davis - Fee undisclosed

Smertin - Free

John - 600K

Helguson - 1.3M

Radzinski - 1.7M

Montella - Loan

McBride - Fee undisclosed

This is not a bad list of transfer.

I f****** will.

Good guy, not good enough Premiership manager for a club like ours imo.

Why do you say he is not good enough for a club like us? Where do you see us? I see us as a midtable club with and I see Coleman as a proven midtable manager with extreme youth and parsimony transfer budget. You might critisise him for his direct football but such style is the only guaranttee for a club of Fulham's size (Bolton). I see enough potential in Coleman to think that it is worth the risk to give him a chance. He is innovative in the transfer market and he hasn't squandered any significant money.

An analysis on Fulham team

Niemi - Fee undisclosed

Knight - Signed by Keegan

Christanval - Free

Bocanegra - Free

Voltz - Nominal fee

Rosenoir - Youth product

Pearce - Fee undisclosed

Brown - Fee undisclosed

Diop - 2M

Jensen - 1.25M

Bullard - 2M

Routledge - Loan

Davis - Fee undisclosed

Smertin - Free

John - 600K

Helguson - 1.3M

Radzinski - 1.7M

Montella - Loan

McBride - Fee undisclosed

This is not a bad list of transfer.

Sorry, nothing wrong with your post, i'm just falling into the 'surely we could do better than him' trap once again. Might as well stick with Roeder than give him a chance tbh, we're not a charity. It would be a sideways step.

Loving the irony of everyone looking down their noses at Fulham right now. ooh how dare they not appreciate thier position and sack their manager, as if they should be content with their position

the absolute f****** irony considering the whinging going here about what we deserve, coupled with the fact of where we actually are

If they want to better themselves, go for it I say, not too many years ago the same kind of closed minded attitudes were being directed at us. As for the timing, I think it's quality, the whole summer to get a replacement, rather than doing a potential Charlton next season

NUFC finances  > Fulham finances

NUFC transfer budget  > Fulham transfer budget

Our stadium=2.5 times the capacity of theirs.

We have more, spend more, and have a larget support base than Fulham. By all logic we should be expecting more.

It's not as if we're arguing that NUFC deserves better results because of some sort of.... Divine writ or anything.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the absolute f****** irony considering the whinging going here about what we deserve, coupled with the fact of where we actually are

We have more, spend more, and have a larget support base than Fulham. By all logic we should be expecting more.

It's not as if we're arguing that NUFC deserves better results because of some sort of.... Divine writ or anything.

what a load of shit

we spend more so we deserve more. You saying you admire Chelsea or something? I fucking hate the cunts and everything they stand for. Tonight rammed that home for me, totally different feelings during both matches

and as for [more fans = bigger club = more deserving], it's just Stevietastic bollocks tbh

what a load of s***

we spend more so we deserve more. You saying you admire Chelsea or something? I f****** hate the c***s and everything they stand for. Tonight rammed that home for me, totally different feelings during both matches

and as for [more fans = bigger club = more deserving], it's just Stevietastic bollocks tbh

Mate, I have nothing against you... OK, that's a lie, I think you're a blatant WUM, but that just makes no sense.

Of COURSE clubs that spend more deserve more. If spending has no correlation whatsoever with results, than why would clubs spend money at all anyway? the whole point of spending money is to improve.

More fans = bigger club because more fans = more money = more spending = improvement.

At least that's how it would work in a logical world, which is what makes supporting NUFC so ****ing frustrating.

And oh dear me, how does this have anything at all to do with Chelsea?

what a load of s***

we spend more so we deserve more. You saying you admire Chelsea or something? I f****** hate the c***s and everything they stand for. Tonight rammed that home for me, totally different feelings during both matches

Mate, I have nothing against you... OK, that's a lie, I think you're a blatant WUM, but that just makes no sense.

Of COURSE clubs that spend more deserve more. If spending has no correlation whatsoever with results, than why would clubs spend money at all anyway? the whole point of spending money is to improve.

More fans = bigger club because more fans = more money = more spending = improvement.

At least that's how it would work in a logical world, which is what makes supporting NUFC so ****ing frustrating.

everything you're saying makes perfect sense, he's just trying to wind you up.

Guest Invicta_Toon

what a load of s***

more shite

listen, it's perfectly simple. Of course if you spend more, then you might increase your chances of success, but to sit sit back and say, we spend more so we deserve more, is shite

One could argue that we should all stop deluding ourselves with this rubbish about Fulham's expectations, take a step back and realise that outside the top 4, we've all got the same limited expectations these days, the gulf between them and the rest is so huge.

Maybe there'll be an interesting scrabble around for the couple of places in the (utterly fucking pointless and devalued) UEFA cup, or a decent cup run, but that's about it for the lot of us these days.

Sneering at clubs because they don't have quite as many fans as you, or their ground is a bit knackered is pretty fucking unpleasant, tbh, and just makes me think of everything that is fucked up with the game these days (and I'm talking here about anyone, regardless of the club they support, spouting the 'they should think themselves lucky to even get to play us in the big league' nonsense).

Before doing that, we should probably have a think about how clubs like Man United think about the clubs we support, and reflect on the similarities.

Guest Invicta_Toon

:morph:

ok, whatever. Next topic please.

whatever? jesus, if you weren't arsed, why did you bother replying FFS?

One could argue that we should all stop deluding ourselves with this rubbish about Fulham's expectations, take a step back and realise that outside the top 4, we've all got the same limited expectations these days, the gulf between them and the rest is so huge.

Maybe there'll be an interesting scrabble around for the couple of places in the (utterly fucking pointless and devalued) UEFA cup, or a decent cup run, but that's about it for the lot of us these days.

Sneering at clubs because they don't have quite as many fans as you, or their ground is a bit knackered is pretty fucking unpleasant, tbh, and just makes me think of everything that is fucked up with the game these days (and I'm talking here about anyone, regardless of the club they support, spouting the 'they should think themselves lucky to even get to play us in the big league' nonsense).

Before doing that, we should probably have a think about how clubs like Man United think about the clubs we support, and reflect on the similarities.

sounds like you're talking from a pulpit.

Question of semantics.

A club which spends more has every right to expect more quality from those spending the money.

If we get a player in for 500K, you would probably have low expectations of that player and with good reason because most players transferred for that kind of money are not very good. If we spend £15M, then you have every right to expect some quality to arrive.

A club which spends the money Newcastle do should be expected to finish higher and perform better than they are. It's not just Geordies who are saying that, it's everybody - fans of other clubs, managers of other clubs all say we are underperforming.

Fact is Coleman did a pretty good job on a shoestring budget and the last thing a club should do to recognise his input is to sack him. They have been ungrateful to their manager because he exceeded expectations. Just as we were ungrateful to Bobby Robson. Coleman made the most of a poor squad and a very limited transfer budget, Saha, Boa Morte and Malbranque were the only classy players he had and all were sold. Fulham were bound to struggle this season.

Maybe there'll be an interesting scrabble around for the couple of places in the (utterly f****** pointless and devalued) UEFA cup, or a decent cup run, but that's about it for the lot of us these days.

Sneering at clubs because they don't have quite as many fans as you, or their ground is a bit knackered is pretty f****** unpleasant, tbh, and just makes me think of everything that is f***** up with the game these days (and I'm talking here about anyone, regardless of the club they support, spouting the 'they should think themselves lucky to even get to play us in the big league' nonsense).

Nah, I'm swaying around, clutching a can, jabbing my finger at nobody in particular and scaring my friends.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Question of semantics.

A team which spends more has every right to expect more quality from those spending the money.

If we get a player in for 500K, you would probably have low expectations of that player and with good reason because most players transferred for that kind of money are not very good. If we spend £15M, then you have every right to expect some quality to arrive.

A club which spends the money Newcastle do should be expected to finish higher and perform better than they are. It's not just Geordies who are saying that, just about every fan of other clubs I've spoken to has said the same and so have countless managers of other clubs.

well let's all pack up and go home then. Honestly, what's the fucking point, instead of waiting for the matches to be played, just wait till the end of the financial year and allocate league places accordingly. there's already some cunts treating the financial league table as the league table

utter shite

it's sport, not business, FFS

Maybe there'll be an interesting scrabble around for the couple of places in the (utterly f****** pointless and devalued) UEFA cup, or a decent cup run, but that's about it for the lot of us these days.

Sneering at clubs because they don't have quite as many fans as you, or their ground is a bit knackered is pretty f****** unpleasant, tbh, and just makes me think of everything that is f***** up with the game these days (and I'm talking here about anyone, regardless of the club they support, spouting the 'they should think themselves lucky to even get to play us in the big league' nonsense).

Nah, I'm swaying around, clutching a can, jabbing my finger at nobody in particular and scaring my friends.

sure ive seen you at Hyde Park Corner then  :lol:

Guest Knightrider

I think the gap at the bottom if you like is as big as the gap at the top, yes a Fulham could make the top 6 but just like an Everton can make the top 4 - in the end they will never be able to stay there though. Teams like Fulham will spend a few years in the Premiership and go down, coming back up a few years later if they are lucky, only to repeat the same cycle again. Just look at West Ham, a bigish club, and others down there.

Likewise NUFC will always flirt between mid-table and the top 4, we'll make the top 4 once in a blue moon, the top 6 every so many years, and spend the rest in mid-table. Unless we get it right on and off the pitch of course, but even then there is no guarantee we'll sustain it. The top four are sewn up for 10 years min, in my opinion. 9 times out of 10, those same four teams will finish in them same four places.

Question of semantics.

A team which spends more has every right to expect more quality from those spending the money.

A club which spends the money Newcastle do should be expected to finish higher and perform better than they are. It's not just Geordies who are saying that, just about every fan of other clubs I've spoken to has said the same and so have countless managers of other clubs.

well let's all pack up and go home then. Honestly, what's the f****** point, instead of waiting for the matches to be played, just wait till the end of the financial year and allocate league places accordingly. there's already some c***s treating the financial league table as the league table

utter s****

it's sport, not business, FFS

Did you read any of my post? It's a question of expectations being related to the size and financial clout of a club. Bigger clubs have bigger expectations, it comes with the territory. What are you going on about league places for?

It's difficult to debate with you when it's not clear what we're actually talking about. I think you're just spoiling for an argument so I'll not bother with this one anymore.