Coleman Sacked

johnnypd

The top four are sewn up for 10 years min, in my opinion. 9 times out of 10, those same four teams will finish in them same four places.

Wouldn't be so sure about that with all these foreign investors coming in.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Question of semantics.

A team which spends more has every right to expect more quality from those spending the money.

If we get a player in for 500K, you would probably have low expectations of that player and with good reason because most players transferred for that kind of money are not very good. If we spend £15M, then you have every right to expect some quality to arrive.

A club which spends the money Newcastle do should be expected to finish higher and perform better than they are. It's not just Geordies who are saying that, just about every fan of other clubs I've spoken to has said the same and so have countless managers of other clubs.

well let's all pack up and go home then. Honestly, what's the f****** point, instead of waiting for the matches to be played, just wait till the end of the financial year and allocate league places accordingly. there's already some c***s treating the financial league table as the league table

utter s****

it's sport, not business, FFS

Did you read any of my post? It's a question of expectations being related to the size and financial clout of a club. Bigger clubs have bigger expectations, it comes with the territory. What are you going on about league places for?

It's difficult to debate with you when it's not clear what we're actually talking about. I think you're just spoiling for an argument so I'll not bother with this one anymore.

IT's quite simple FFS, I cannot believe anyone would think that just because they spend more they deserve more success, like how well you play football, or how good your manager is, means fuckall.

And no matter how you cut the semantics, when people say expect, what they really mean is deserve. It's totally queer tbh.

Guest Invicta_Toon

One could argue that we should all stop deluding ourselves with this rubbish about Fulham's expectations, take a step back and realise that outside the top 4, we've all got the same limited expectations these days, the gulf between them and the rest is so huge.

Maybe there'll be an interesting scrabble around for the couple of places in the (utterly fucking pointless and devalued) UEFA cup, or a decent cup run, but that's about it for the lot of us these days.

Sneering at clubs because they don't have quite as many fans as you, or their ground is a bit knackered is pretty fucking unpleasant, tbh, and just makes me think of everything that is fucked up with the game these days (and I'm talking here about anyone, regardless of the club they support, spouting the 'they should think themselves lucky to even get to play us in the big league' nonsense).

Before doing that, we should probably have a think about how clubs like Man United think about the clubs we support, and reflect on the similarities.

I think the gap at the bottom if you like is as big as the gap at the top, yes a Fulham could make the top 6 but just like an Everton can make the top 4 - in the end they will never be able to stay there though. Teams like Fulham will spend a few years in the Premiership and go down, coming back up a few years later if they are lucky, only to repeat the same cycle again. Just look at West Ham, a bigish club, and others down there.

Likewise NUFC will always flirt between mid-table and the top 4, we'll make the top 4 once in a blue moon, the top 6 every so many years, and spend the rest in mid-table. Unless we get it right on and off the pitch of course, but even then there is no guarantee we'll sustain it. The top four are sewn up for 10 years min, in my opinion. 9 times out of 10, those same four teams will finish in them same four places.

rubbish, there is no certainty to our future performance at all

IT's quite simple FFS, I cannot believe anyone would think that just because they spend more they deserve more success, like how well you play football, or how good your manager is, means fuckall.

And the financial muscle has nothing to do with acquiring good manager and good players?

Guest Ridzuan

I didnt see it coming but at the same time,it was not surprising.Unfortunately for Fulham,its a case of being sacking at the wrong time.I still believe they will struggle for their next few matches whether Coleman was still the coach or not.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38349.0

I have heard from an unreliable source that Chris Coleman is leaving Fulham, I don`t like the man but he would be an improvement on Roedent. Lets face it we won`t get a top manager.

Now I know it wasn`t an unreliable source, It was a falling out between him and the owners. Its been going on for some time, probably linked to the major dip in form. He wanted money to spend in January and this summer but wasn`t given or promised enough. He lost Saha, Boa Morte, Van Der Sa, Radsinki (?), Malbranque and legwinski. Its probably why he always over inflated prices when we enquired about players as he knew the club would retain most of the cash he made from sales.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Don't give a S**T about Fulham, more concerned about them stealing Lawrie full time from NI!!

If he gets it full time some of your better bokes might end up getting some proper games

I think he is a decent manager he has had some bad luck with injuries this season as well. Would anyone consider Roeder as a DOF and Coleman as head coach? In normal circumstances maybe not but I think it would be a better set up than what we have got at the moment.

I think he is a decent manager he has had some bad luck with injuries this season as well. Would anyone consider Roeder as a DOF and Coleman as head coach? In normal circumstances maybe not but I think it would be a better set up than what we have got at the moment.

Two average coaches/managers? No thanks.

Just thought about it and that would mean that Roeder would be incharge of our transfer policy!!! Thats a scary thought.

Anyway if what Freddy said a few weeks ago that there will be money to spend in the summer is true we'll soon see if Reoder is as shit in the transfer market as we all think he is!

He will have no excuses this season, there is no major championship, we "apparently" have money to spend and the transfer window is longer than the winter.

Back to Coleman, I would like to see him at Newcastle, I think he is a better manager than Roeder and would not be scared of making important decisions. Saying that too many fans would be on his back from the start for the stigma of being sacked by Fulham because of poor performance of the team, the knifes would be out early for the man!

Just thought about it and that would mean that Roeder would be incharge of our transfer policy!!! Thats a scary thought.

Anyway if what Freddy said a few weeks ago that there will be money to spend in the summer is true we'll soon see if Reoder is as shit in the transfer market as we all think he is!

He will have no excuses this season, there is no major championship, we "apparently" have money to spend and the transfer window is longer than the winter.

Back to Coleman, I would like to see him at Newcastle, I think he is a better manager than Roeder and would not be scared of making important decisions. Saying that too many fans would be on his back from the start for the stigma of being sacked by Fulham because of poor performance of the team, the knifes would be out early for the man!

Not difficult, in fairness.

Fulham would easily be to half if they had kept their best players. Think of who they have sold, Saha, Boa Morte, Malbranque, Van Der Sar and I'm sure there is a fair few more.

Why are people surprised? It's not like they're a poor team. Any side with a backbone of Niemi, Queudrue, Diop & McBride should be a helluva lot higher than what they are.

Really? Most clubs in the league have a few decent players on their books. Looking at Fulham's squad at the start of this season I think it was pretty inevitable they would struggle. I remember a lot of people tipping them for relegation at the start of the season.

I think Coleman has shown a fair bit of ability in his time at Fulham, and this is all a bit surprising.

You wonder how much all this personal stuff has affected the situation. (ie wife suspecting an affair and bugging his car) The stress might have affected Coleman in recent weeks and led indirectly to a dip in results. Even if that isn't the case, that may be the interpretation that Al-Fayed is putting on things.

LThe top four are sewn up for 10 years min, in my opinion. 9 times out of 10, those same four teams will finish in them same four places.

Bollocks imo. Things change every 5 or so years. 5 years ago who would've predicted Chelsea dominating, Arsenal struggling for 4th and L'Pool winning the CL without Owen.?

Who knows how long Abramovich will stick around for? Mourinho? Other investors are also trying to get in on the Premiership. What's going to happen to Man Utd and Arsenal when their managers leave?

Guest Sniffer

Bollocks IMO. If you look at the last 50 years or so, Arse, L'Pool and Manure have been there or therabouts in the league or winning trophies all of the time. A few teams have their time in the sun but have never been able to sustain it. Chelsea are an anomaly at the moment. Managers come and go but the class of these three organizations is unduring.

Guest NIToon

I've been thinking about this but wasn't Bumble linked with Fulham recently.  I'm just wondering did Coleman put this to the board who sacked him as a precaution ;D

Guest Invicta_Toon

Chris: hey chairman, we need to go for that Bramble kid, he's class

Chairman: err oh yeh Chris (fuck me he's really fucking lost it)

:lol: