Eriksson For Toon

Guest Spark

even though the story is bollocks, it's fucking sad that so many people will take a huge risk like Erikson just because he would be an improvement on Roeder. Totally fucking blind, in 18 months it would be the same people saying anyone but Sven

Agree with Vic we have to keep an eye on a money grabber like this....

even though the story is bollocks, it's fucking sad that so many people will take a huge risk like Erikson just because he would be an improvement on Roeder. Totally fucking blind, in 18 months it would be the same people saying anyone but Sven

Yay, lets stick with a manager who will, inevitably, make even mid table seem like a far off, promised land.

even though the story is bollocks, it's f****** sad that so many people will take a huge risk like Erikson just because he would be an improvement on Roeder. Totally f****** blind, in 18 months it would be the same people saying anyone but Sven

Yay, lets stick with a manager who will, inevitably, make even mid table seem like a far off, promised land.

even though the story is bollocks, it's f****** sad that so many people will take a huge risk like Erikson just because he would be an improvement on Roeder. Totally f****** blind, in 18 months it would be the same people saying anyone but Sven

And take a HUGE risk on a manager with an outstanding record at club level.

Guest Knightrider

No, he couldn't get the best out of top players for England, how do people expect him to get the best out of wor lot? He's a charlatan whose record isn't that great when you pick away at it.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

He's another Souness, needs a big chequebook and has built a career on a flimsy CV.

But hey, he's a big name right. I'd honestly rather stick with Roeder.

No, he couldn't get the best out of top players for England, how do people expect him to get the best out of wor lot? He's a charlatan whose record isn't that great when you pick away at it.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

He's another Souness, needs a big chequebook and has built a career on a flimsy CV.

Is it unfair to judge someone just on their international record though?

Keegan was a great manager for us, but was dog poo for England.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

People don't realise he had a huge coaching staff and loads of money at Lazio...I think he ended up spending €70-80m Euro.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

People don't realise he had a huge coaching staff and loads of money at Lazio...I think he ended up spending 70-80m Euro.

Pretty sure he spent more than that. Not what we need imo fwiw. Could you imagine the (unwanted) media attention.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

For shame. The man is going to fuck us up at least as much as Souness did. We'd be better off with a short-term manager until the end of the season.

Guest Knightrider

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

At Lazio he spent a lot of money, and only just won them the title. His earlier success was back in the day when Terry Venables was taking Barcelona to a European Cup Final, when George Graham, Graeme Souness and Howard Wilkinson were winning titles. Anyway, his successes mean nowt to me, if he was an excellent motivator, had good tactical skills and his teams were prepared well, that would mean more to me than a notable CV and things we should be looking at well before we look at the CV. Give me a manager with the personal skills over one with none but a half decent CV, i.e. Souness.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

At Lazio he spent a lot of money, and only just won them the title. His earlier success was back in the day when Terry Venables was taking Barcelona to a European Cup Final, when George Graham, Graeme Souness and Howard Wilkinson were winning titles. Anyway, his successes mean nowt to me, if he was an excellent motivator, had good tactical skills and his teams were prepared well, that would mean more to me than a notable CV and things we should be looking at well before we look at the CV. Give me a manager with the personal skills over one with none but a half decent CV, i.e. Souness.

Someone like, say, Hitzfeld?

Guest Knightrider

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

Someone like, say, Hitzfeld?

Who had the CV and personal skills, i.e. an complete all-rounder.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

Flimsy CV?

Won two Swedish cups, Swedish League title and UEFA Cup with IFK Goteborg.

Won the Portugese League three times and Cup with Benfica(two spells) and got to the UEFA Cup final and European Cup final,

Won the Italian Cup with A.S Roma.

Won the Italian Cup with Sampdoria.

And on top of that his time at Lazio where he won

The Italian League Title

Two Italian Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup.

His overall record with England was very impressive in competative games, played 67 lost only 5. Yes we bottled it in the end a few times.

Not the worst CV in world football if you ask me!

Guest Invicta_Toon

And take a HUGE risk on a manager with an outstanding record at club level.

christ you say that like he was managing Arsenal last year

take your head out your arse FFS

Guest Invicta_Toon

I bet you were one of the ones saying 'anyone but Souness'

Guest Knightrider

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

Flimsy CV?

Won the Portugese League three times and Cup with Benfica(two spells) and got to the UEFA Cup final and European Cup final,

The Italian League Title

Two Italian Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup.

His overall record with England was very impressive in competative games, played 67 lost only 5. Yes we bottled it in the end a few times.

OK he has a decent CV, I suggest you look beyond that though and look at Sven the manager who failed to motivate a group of highly talented players in key matches, whose tactical acumen is up there with Sounes and Roeder and whose England side played some of the most wretched uninspiring football I've ever seen. But hey, look at what he's won.

Souness won titles and cups FFS, but like Sven his motivation, tactical and all-round general management skills were shite and hence we were shite under him.

He's shite man, he's had his day as a manager, let some other mug take the gamble.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

Flimsy CV?

The Italian League Title

Two Italian Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup.

OK he has a decent CV, I suggest you look beyond that though and look at Sven the manager who failed to motivate a group of highly talented players in key matches, whose tactical acumen is up there with Sounes and Roeder and whose England side played some of the most wretched uninspiring football I've ever seen. But hey, look at what he's won.

Souness won titles and cups FFS, but like Sven his motivation, tactical and all-round general management skills were s**** and hence we were s**** under him.

He's s**** man, he's had his day as a manager, let some other mug take the gamble.

Souness won fek all compard to Eriksson.

Tactics - poor

Motivation - poor

Preparation - poor

Flimsy CV?

The Italian League Title

Two Italian Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup.

Souness won titles and cups FFS, but like Sven his motivation, tactical and all-round general management skills were s**** and hence we were s**** under him.

He's s**** man, he's had his day as a manager, let some other mug take the gamble.

Souness won fek all compard to Eriksson.

The Italian Cups, the Swerdish stuff and the Cup winners are no great shakes tbh..2nd tier competitions.

If this had of come out when he left England people on these boards would have been going nuts. In fact if i remember correctly, when we were linked with him people on here were going nuts. Just goes to show how fickle some of you are.

I'm sure if you looked back a year, quite a lot of people on here would have welcomed him in the summer.

disagree 100%

[quote author=CoachHTT link=topic=38479.msg777914#msg777914

Thats hardly exclusive to Sven, England haven't looked that convincing for quite a while now tbh

Guest Knightrider

Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Rooney, Owen, Terry, Ferdiand, A. Cole, J.Cole, G.Neville, Beckham - all players Sven had at his disposal yet the most notable and outstanding result of his 5 long years in charge was a 5-1 win against the worst German side in living memory. We were minutes away from not qualifying for the 2002 WC, we didn't have one shot on target when Brazil went down to 10 men in a WC QF. We were awful in the last WC, not much better in Euro 2004 and over in  Japanorea, we were just as bad, one decent performance against Argentina. In  friendlies were were a mess, we lost to NI away FFS, we drew with tat at home, we were often outclassed. The man is a fake whose whole career has been built on winning domestic cups and winning a title with Lazio, having spent more money than any team in the history of Serie A, a competition riddled by corruption BTW.

Guest Knightrider

[quote author=CoachHTT link=topic=38479.msg777914#msg777914

Thats hardly exclusive to Sven, England haven't looked that convincing for quite a while now tbh

True but given he was supposed to be this great manager, with top players, you'd think he'd take things on a level, if anything we regressed under him.