Eriksson For Toon

Guest Spark

Guest andynufc84

I would rather we went for Allardyce than Eriksson.  Less baggage, cheaper and could probably do just as good/ better job.

Portugal - England

Ricardo - Robinson

Miguel - Neville

Andrade - Terry

Cavalho - Ferdinand

Valente - Cole

Figo - Beckham

Deco - Gerard

Tiago - Lampard

Ronaldo - Rooney

Pauletta - Owen

Simao - Joe Cole

Sub

James, Carson, Campbell, Bridge, Carragher, Hargreaves, Carrick, Lennon, Downing, Crouch, Walcott

Walcott and Lennon as both were unknown. Crouch was a far poorer forward than he is now.

Quim, Santos, Ferreira, Meira, Petit, Viana, Boa Morte, Costinha, Maniche, Nuno Gomez, Postiga

I definitely won't say that Portugal squad is any weaker than England squad, at the point of world cup, apart from backup defenders.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1009869,00.html

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39620000/jpg/_39620977_jabba_238.jpg

NEWCASTLE United chairman Freddy Shepherd has dismissed reports linking Sven-Goran Eriksson with a move to St. James' Park.

One national newspaper carried a back page story on Thursday morning saying the former England coach was being lined up for the Magpies' managerial position in the summer.

But such talk was emphatically dismissed by Mr Shepherd.

He told nufc.co.uk: "This story is absolute rubbish and I have absolutely no idea where it has come from.

"I have never spoken to Sven since he was England manager and I don't have any plans to speak to him."

I am undecided on this issue

Roeder is not the man to bring success to Newcastle, this we all know. Who else is around though that would come to Newcastle at the moment? We are not going to get a top manager, Benitez, Jose, Wenger, who will be revered as a saviour by our fans.

Sven is a very astute manager. Remember he was the one who perservered with Hargreaves. He had a very good relationship with the England players. He is proven at club level.

Sven comes under the 'world class manager' umberella simply because he has had far more success than failure. Capello is a top manager yet most Madrid fans want him out because he has done one bad job, does this make him any less of a 'world class manager'.

If it was a straight choice between Sven and Roeder for me there is no choice, Sven every time. This dosnt mean im thrilled with it as it is not a 'Mourinho', however it is a step in the right direction

Is that why a handful of them came out after the World Cup and openly criticised his tactics, selection etc.?

When he or the players changed tactics we lost to Northern Ireland ? Mclaren has changed tactics and players and lost each time he has tried.

I dunno.  I only know about his England time, and i was never impressed.  Bad reports from the players, and never seemed to get the best out of them.

The only bad report i've heard was from Robbie Fowler.

In competitive games i'm sure SGE has the best record of ANY England manager including Sir Alf Ramsey.

SGE Was a very succesful club manager and would also be the type of high profile figurehead who would attract players to the club.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

i hope we never go down that route  anyway thought he was going to marsielle

if you read the article it will tell you

sorry never bothered with it

Guest Stephen927

I'm not entirely certain about him. He could prove to be a very expensive mistake if he fails to acclimitise to the Premiership. However, he does have a very good record at club level and even international level, even if sometimes his tactics were criticised, he was always able to grind out results.

The major thing that concerns me are the wages he may demand.

Guest SwissMagpie

Anal will probably say that "Eriksson's roumors are pie in the sky as i understand" in this evening chronicle

didnt oliver mention this in the chron yesterday? saying we should expect an erikson rumour as tord grip was at the game but its 100 per cent not going to happen?

(someone may have already written this but i cant be arsed reading 5 pages)

needless to say sven would be an absoloutely massive improvement on what we have

I'm not entirely certain about him. He could prove to be a very expensive mistake if he fails to acclimitise to the Premiership. However, he does have a very good record at club level and even international level, even if sometimes his tactics were criticised, he was always able to grind out results.

The major thing that concerns me are the wages he may demand.

How could you say he would fail to acclimitise to the premiership? He has probably watched more games in the premiership than some premiership managers. Between him and his team whilst he was manager for however many years they must have watched about 8 games a week in the premiership. He would have dossiers on almost all England players. I would imagine the England manager job is more a scouting job than anything.

Guest Invicta_Toon

even though the story is bollocks, it's fucking sad that so many people will take a huge risk like Erikson just because he would be an improvement on Roeder. Totally fucking blind, in 18 months it would be the same people saying anyone but Sven