Spuds tonight

madras

Congratulations Sevilla. Hope they win it again tbh. Disgrace to commentary by ITV too. They should be ashamed.

i dont really have a problem with the commentators being biased towards spurs, after all it's an english show and they're primarily targeting spurs fans. what pisses me off is how different they acted when it was us, fawning all over alkmaar and coming out with the same tired nufc cliches. twats.

Guest BooBoo

I suppose at least Spurs gave it a go, unlike our shower over in Alkmaar. Good to see that eejit van Gaal get his comeuppance.

Yeah they are a very good side. Have they had the same manager all throughout their upturn?

This is Juan de Ramos 2nd season with them.

Congratulations Sevilla. Hope they win it again tbh. Disgrace to commentary by ITV too. They should be ashamed.

i dont really have a problem with the commentators being biased towards spurs, after all it's an english show and they're primarily targeting spurs fans. what pisses me off is how different they acted when it was us, fawning all over alkmaar and coming out with the same tired nufc cliches. twats.

Stuff like "Alves is causing them a lot of trouble and winding up the fans. If I was the referee I'd have a word with Ramos to take him off". I mean what the hell is that? It's just utterly shit biased commentary. Then again I shouldn't expect better from David Pleat. I should be impressed he can say Ramos correctly though.

And yes I wonder what we've done to avoid getting the biased support from commentators when we play.

Loved the 'we thought Spurs were going to carry the flag all the way to the final!' comment. Aye, they went one round further than us. And they got through one for free.

No surprise they - as we did - fucked up once they met someone half decent.

Stuff like "Alves is causing them a lot of trouble and winding up the fans. If I was the referee I'd have a word with Ramos to take him off". I mean what the hell is that? It's just utterly s*** biased commentary. Then again I shouldn't expect better from David Pleat. I should be impressed he can say Ramos correctly though.

And yes I wonder what we've done to avoid getting the biased support from commentators when we play.

Gotta be African for him to fuck up your name.

Get the fuck in there!

I love Sevilla, Boro and Spurs dumped out in successive seasons with both in serious danger of winning it - brilliant.

I hear Jenas got his head stamped on - that's fucking disgusting tbh - should have been me doing it.

Still reckon we'd have beaten Alkmaar if we'd been home second.

They were unlucky. Ref was terrible.

they didn't lose just cos of a lack of luck, Sevilla where a huge class above them tonight. Ref wasn't much use like you are right, but even with that in mind, Sevilla where easy the better team.

First decent side they've played and they get turned over.  Predictable to be fair.  The beauty about this situation is they truly believed they were going to Glasgow :D

I will say it again, as I have a million times when sides like Spurs and Leverkusen get to the last 8 it only goes to show what a pathetic competition it was.  Even Souness' Toon made it that far, and should've really gone further.  The competition is a complete joke, I hope we don't get in Europe next season.

they didn't lose just cos of a lack of luck, Sevilla where a huge class above them tonight. Ref wasn't much use like you are right, but even with that in mind, Sevilla where easy the better team.

I agree, Spurs weren't as good. Quite an entertaining game tonight - interesting how Kanoute's become amazing since he left England, thought he looked very classy tonight and took his goal brilliantly.

I agree, Spurs weren't as good. Quite an entertaining game tonight - interesting how Kanoute's become amazing since he left England, thought he looked very classy tonight and took his goal brilliantly.

Thought his last touch was flukey for the goal, but it did spur him on after that.

He's in a league that suits him perfectly. Plays in a very talented team that also suits his style and he's grown in confidence from it.

It was exactly the same as the 2nd leg of Everton v Villareal.

The spanish were the superior footballing side and took an early lead. They then play acted at every opportunity which the Ref allowed. In the second half the english side rallied and got themselves back in the tie on passion and work rate rather than quality football.

They were outclassed but would have stolen the victory all the same if the ref had made the correct decisions (Collina disallowing our goal, this Austrian ref not giving the penalty or two Spurs could have had)