So who are Roeder's Scapegoats???

KaKa

Says we were carrying 3 or 4 players today.

Who do you think they were?

I would think he was referring to N'Zogbia, Emre and maybe Moore...can't imagine who else he was referring to. Can't have included any of his golden boys like Duff, Butt, Carr or Solano.

Roeder was idiotic today and here's why...

We all noticed that when Dyer went off in the last match and N'Zogbia was played off Martins it didn't work so why start the game like this today???

Martins is so much better when he has another striker with a bit of stature alongside him, because he doesn't have to waste so much energy fighting bigger guys to try and hold the ball up. Roeder should have had Luque or Carroll up there with him to start. N'Zogbia was the worst option because unlike Dyer, who will occassionally, maintain good posession of the ball, N'Zobia hardly ever does this in the middle of the park as his first touch isn't great.

N'Zogbia has to understand that he is best as a winger where his greatest strength, his direct and aggressive running at players, can be used to best effect.

It is going to be fascinating to see who Roeder intends to get rid off this summer should he stay. I believe Emre & N'Zogbia will be amongst those he has recently suggested should move on.

I think it was you who recently defended Roeder and said that he must be our manager for next season

Do you still think the same way??

About the thread its obvious for everybody that he is clueless

Why play Moore when he is finished here?

Why play Zoggy in that position when he was crap against Arsenal?

Why dont you play Luque or Carroll alongside with Martins?

Why do you play this s*** troll Carr every game?

Roeder is even worse then Souness...

Why play Moore when he is finished here?  Because he's our least error-prone experienced central defender (which isn't much of an achievement, admittedly)

Why play Zoggy in that position when he was crap against Arsenal?  To give him a chance to play, since Duff's the first choice left winger, obviously.

Why dont you play Luque or Carroll alongside with Martins?  Because Luque's crap and lacks commitment.  And Carroll's 17.

Why do you play this s*** troll Carr every game?  Because we have no one else that can play let-back.

Simple really.

Moore is slower than my granddad,he dont have any real motivation to play for us because he will be gone in 4 games.He is big injury prone and he proved that yesterday.Roeder should have played Gooch at the begining.The lad wasnt playing anything super but so far he didnt make any vital errors which was followed by a goal.He is far motivated then Moore because he is no loan here and he is fighting for his future here,for his contract,because he said that he wants to be here.And thats what kind of players we need here.Fighters who can show spirit and desire to play for this club

It was obvious in the Arsenal game that Zoggy cant play upfront with Martins,he cant hold the ball,cant make the runs Dyers is making which i believe is Roeder intention to play him there.And why on earth when you see that something is not working you are continuing to do the same.That shows real incompetence and Roeder has alot of this

As it proved after the game Luque and Carroll didnt played so badly as we all expected and if they were playing at the start of the game maybe things would have finished differently.So it was another mistake from Roeder not to play Luque or Carroll alongside Oba.We all know that Oba is struggling when he plays alone upfront

Edgar.The lad has showed good potential in the few games he played for us but Roeder didnt see that as usual.He continued to play Huntington,Babayaro and Carr there although they were s*** as always of course.He should have give Edgar a chance long time ago but as a said earlier he is too incompetent to see this things

And the last thing.Are you defending Roeder or what???

I agree Moore is s****, but Gooch is too. He has been responsible for 2 goals with poor play or getting turned. Charlton is one that springs to mind. For a big player he has no real jump either. I would have played Huntington over those too unless he is injured.

Gooch wasnt too imppresive true but at least he has something to play for unlike Moore-wining a permanent deal

When you mention Huntington i had rather play Edgar.I dont know why Roeder is picking Hunty over Edgar,he played superb and still Roeder plays Hunty who was terrible in the last games he played for us

Hunty hasn`t really had many games in the CB position though has he. You agree though you would pick him over Moore and Gooch, because without seeing them in training so its hard to say for certain I would pick Hunty.  Just on a side note regardless of Bramble not being good enough he is still better than those 3. We have still conceeded nearly triple the amount of goals with him out of the team as we have with him in and lost far far more without him. Regardless of the odd error we have lost more when we need points.

Says we were carrying 3 or 4 players today.

Who do you think they were?

I would think he was referring to N'Zogbia, Emre and maybe Moore...can't imagine who else he was referring to. Can't have included any of his golden boys like Duff, Butt, Carr or Solano.

Roeder was idiotic today and here's why...

We all noticed that when Dyer went off in the last match and N'Zogbia was played off Martins it didn't work so why start the game like this today???

Martins is so much better when he has another striker with a bit of stature alongside him, because he doesn't have to waste so much energy fighting bigger guys to try and hold the ball up. Roeder should have had Luque or Carroll up there with him to start. N'Zogbia was the worst option because unlike Dyer, who will occassionally, maintain good posession of the ball, N'Zobia hardly ever does this in the middle of the park as his first touch isn't great.

N'Zogbia has to understand that he is best as a winger where his greatest strength, his direct and aggressive running at players, can be used to best effect.

It is going to be fascinating to see who Roeder intends to get rid off this summer should he stay. I believe Emre & N'Zogbia will be amongst those he has recently suggested should move on.

I think it was you who recently defended Roeder and said that he must be our manager for next season

Do you still think the same way??

About the thread its obvious for everybody that he is clueless

Why play Moore when he is finished here?

Why play Zoggy in that position when he was crap against Arsenal?

Why dont you play Luque or Carroll alongside with Martins?

Why do you play this s*** troll Carr every game?

Roeder is even worse then Souness...

Why play Moore when he is finished here?  Because he's our least error-prone experienced central defender (which isn't much of an achievement, admittedly)

Why play Zoggy in that position when he was crap against Arsenal?  To give him a chance to play, since Duff's the first choice left winger, obviously.

Why dont you play Luque or Carroll alongside with Martins?  Because Luque's crap and lacks commitment.  And Carroll's 17.

Why do you play this s*** troll Carr every game?  Because we have no one else that can play let-back.

Simple really.

Moore is slower than my granddad,he dont have any real motivation to play for us because he will be gone in 4 games.He is big injury prone and he proved that yesterday.Roeder should have played Gooch at the begining.The lad wasnt playing anything super but so far he didnt make any vital errors which was followed by a goal.He is far motivated then Moore because he is no loan here and he is fighting for his future here,for his contract,because he said that he wants to be here.And thats what kind of players we need here.Fighters who can show spirit and desire to play for this club

It was obvious in the Arsenal game that Zoggy cant play upfront with Martins,he cant hold the ball,cant make the runs Dyers is making which i believe is Roeder intention to play him there.And why on earth when you see that something is not working you are continuing to do the same.That shows real incompetence and Roeder has alot of this

As it proved after the game Luque and Carroll didnt played so badly as we all expected and if they were playing at the start of the game maybe things would have finished differently.So it was another mistake from Roeder not to play Luque or Carroll alongside Oba.We all know that Oba is struggling when he plays alone upfront

Edgar.The lad has showed good potential in the few games he played for us but Roeder didnt see that as usual.He continued to play Huntington,Babayaro and Carr there although they were s*** as always of course.He should have give Edgar a chance long time ago but as a said earlier he is too incompetent to see this things

And the last thing.Are you defending Roeder or what???

I agree Moore is s****, but Gooch is too. He has been responsible for 2 goals with poor play or getting turned. Charlton is one that springs to mind. For a big player he has no real jump either. I would have played Huntington over those too unless he is injured.

Gooch wasnt too imppresive true but at least he has something to play for unlike Moore-wining a permanent deal

When you mention Huntington i had rather play Edgar.I dont know why Roeder is picking Hunty over Edgar,he played superb and still Roeder plays Hunty who was terrible in the last games he played for us

Hunty hasn`t really had many games in the CB position though has he. You agree though you would pick him over Moore and Gooch, because without seeing them in training so its hard to say for certain I would pick Hunty.  Just on a side note regardless of Bramble not being good enough he is still better than those 3. We have still conceeded nearly triple the amount of goals with him out of the team as we have with him in and lost far far more without him. Regardless of the odd error we have lost more when we need points.

Considering his total lack of experience Hunty did good job for us but in his final games for us he was awful and i just cant understand why Roeder didnt gave young Edgar a chance in the team especially when he played really well in the few games he was in the team

Gooch wont be here next season.

we'll send him back only to resign him at the end of the transfer window again, when Roeder suddenly realizes the defence is still shite despite splashing all the cash on wes brown and mathew upson.. or some equally over-prised rubbish CB

Why do you think that?

Also its better we have Gooch rather then PETER DAMAGE

Because he had a very limited amount of games to impress Roeder and was dropped not long into them and replaced by someone who is leaving in the summer. Roeder has seen enough imo.

Why do you think that?

Also its better we have Gooch rather then PETER DAMAGE

Because he had a very limited amount of games to impress Roeder and was dropped not long into them and replaced by someone who is leaving in the summer. Roeder has seen enough imo.

He clearly isn't good enough.

Just read the early comments on this thread, Roeder worse than Souness? What a load of s***

He still has to pick up 3 points to level with Souness`s 44 points he got us.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=eng.1&season=2002&column=none&order=false&cc=5739

This was upsetting to see too, the league table after 2002 us 3rd, the Mackems last.

1   Man Utd 38 25 8 5 74 34  16 2 1 42 12  9 6 4 32 22  40 83

2   Arsenal 38 23 9 6 85 42  15 2 2 47 20  8 7 4 38 22  43 78

3   Newcastle 38 21 6 11 63 48  15 2 2 36 17  6 4 9 27 31  15 69

4   Chelsea 38 19 10 9 68 38  12 5 2 41 15  7 5 7 27 23  30 67

5   Liverpool 38 18 10 10 61 41  9 8 2 30 16  9 2 8 31 25  20 64

6   Blackburn 38 16 12 10 52 43  9 7 3 24 15  7 5 7 28 28  9 60

7   Everton 38 17 8 13 48 49  11 5 3 28 19  6 3 10 20 30  -1 59

8   Southampton 38 13 13 12 43 46  9 8 2 25 16  4 5 10 18 30  -3 52

9   Man City 38 15 6 17 47 54  9 2 8 28 26  6 4 9 19 28  -7 51

10   Tottenham 38 14 8 16 51 62  9 4 6 30 29  5 4 10 21 33  -11 50

11   Middlesbrough 38 13 10 15 48 44  10 7 2 36 21  3 3 13 12 23  4 49

12   Charlton 38 14 7 17 45 56  8 3 8 26 30  6 4 9 19 26  -11 49

13   Birmingham 38 13 9 16 41 49  8 5 6 25 23  5 4 10 16 26  -8 48

14   Fulham 38 13 9 16 41 50  11 3 5 26 18  2 6 11 15 32  -9 48

15   Leeds 38 14 5 19 58 57  7 3 9 25 26  7 2 10 33 31  1 47

16   Aston Villa 38 12 9 17 42 47  11 2 6 25 14  1 7 11 17 33  -5 45

17   Bolton 38 10 14 14 41 51  7 8 4 27 24  3 6 10 14 27  -10 44

18   West Ham 38 10 12 16 42 59  5 7 7 21 24  5 5 9 21 35  -17 42

19   West Brom 38 6 8 24 29 65  3 5 11 17 34  3 3 13 12 31  -36 26

20   Sunderland 38 4 7 27 21 65  3 2 14 11 31  1 5 13 10 34  -44 19

Journal Sport News

Boss keeps up probe

Apr 16 2007

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Glenn Roeder

Newcastle's under-fire players can expect further recriminations upon their return to training this morning as an irate Glenn Roeder strives to eradicate the failings that have wrecked his Intertoto Cup ambitions.

United lost 2-1 at Portsmouth on Saturday and, with Roeder admitting his troubled team need to win their four remaining top-flight fixtures to stand any chance of Continental qualification, it does not look as though there will be European football at St James's Park next season.

It was not so much the result but the performance at Fratton Park that angered a manager who pulled no punches with a frank post-match condemnation that suggested he had been pushed to breaking point. Roeder has told those he considers the worst culprits what he thinks of them. But, considering the scale of the problems he has identified in his dressing room, the inquests will continue, the implications serious.

"I just won't have it," insisted a manager whose distress at his team's first-half efforts led him to administer the most-severe admonishment of his Tyneside tenure during a heated interval exchange.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

"I would rather have players with less natural ability who I know will spill their guts week in, week out for Newcastle United than what I saw out there. We carried three or four players (in the first half). You might get away with carrying one poor performance in a team at this level but not three or four. There were too many whose performances were not good enough, and certain players just did not show enough energy, drive and desire.

"What angers me the most is that we have talented players in the squad who have no self-motivation. I had players out there who were not giving it everything. That is unacceptable and I find it amazing.

"The easiest thing to bring to a game of football is desire to win and a motivation to run around but we had talented players who did not do that and I let them know at half time who they were.

"The Premiership is not like other leagues in Europe. It has its own style. You must give your absolute all in every game. It's an exciting league because the tempo is flat-out, but there were some players who did not do that and I'm not accepting it, I don't care who they are.

"If you're going to solve problems you need to admit there is a problem and we had a problem, we were poor. We came out for the second half a different team, but if you have to do that (read the riot act at half time) in every game, then those players have to move on because that's not what I want at the club.

"I never single out any individual (in public) - I'll do that back at the training ground. But there were players who got on that bus who know my feelings about them."

Roeder had travelled to Fratton Park determined to improve the club's chances of sneaking into the Intertoto Cup, but United's 15th league defeat this season has made such a scenario almost impossible.

"We had to beat Portsmouth to have a chance," admitted the frustrated 51-year-old. "I never give up with anything but I realise this was a game we needed to win. We're in a situation where we will have to win our four remaining games and see what the teams above us do."

That Chelsea are Newcastle's next opponents underlines the scale of a challenge that appears beyond Roeder's men. That the injured list is growing again will make it harder still.

Although Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi will hope to take significant steps closer to their respective comebacks this week, Scott Parker, Antoine Sibierski and Kieron Dyer all missed Saturday's game.

Dyer's absence is a particular concern given that it relates to his hamstrings. Craig Moore and Damien Duff were both injured at Fratton Park and, although that is nothing new for the former player, the latter's plight appeared to be severe. "He (Duff) took a couple of heavy tackles on his ankle, and it has swollen up," added Roeder. "He will have a scan and although there's no point guessing until we see what damage is done, it must make him a doubt for Chelsea."

-----------

well well team moral will be sky high now after that . ???

Emre, Moore and N'Zogbia are the immediate three that spring to mind, considering the latter two were brought off early doors (was Moore injured or was he simply hauled-off?) and the little Turk doesn't get a game when Parker and Butt are injured, so that would make sense on that score as well - plus he's foreign, of course.

Aside from that, I can't see it being Milner, Harper, Butt or Taylor, because all four can hardly be blamed for "not trying", especially Harper (being a 'keeper) - which obviously leaves us with Martins, Duff, Solano and Carr. Now, Martins and Duff are Roeder's signings but out of the four mentioned are surely ahead of Solano, at least, for players who don't "run" enough or "try enough". He seems to love Stevie Carr, as well, although perhaps his team selection against Chelsea will give us the answers.

I certainly think Emre, Moore or N'Zogbia won't get a game and that will put those three beyond doubt, but if we don't see Carr either then I think you can add him to the list. For some reason I can't see Roeder telling one of "his" signings that he thinks they're a cunt, so it's down to Nobby and Carr for the "4th player" who was being "carried" and it will be interesting to see which (if either) of them are still here next season - although obviously I hope that player will be Solano.

This whole thing is starting to smack of Souness versus Robert for me, though, as we seem to be moving towards a team of "grafters" again, rather than a team who play attractive football and who can accomodate some flair players into their line-ups. If Glenn thinks the likes of Emre and N'Zogbia are lazy, I'd love to have seen how he would have handled the old number 32, a player who runs half the distance of those two (while undoubtedly offering more in the goals/assists charts than our current pair.) These players simply are not playing for the manager, it just cannot be argued that they are. He's losing fans, he's losing the dressing room and he's losing the media - he's most definitely on the slippery slope.

Worrying times, again, as I can see us bringing in 4/5 players of a similar nature to Steve Sidwell, making us perhaps even more boring to watch than we have been for the past few years. It will certainly be interesting to see how many squad players we have next season who aren't British/Irish, though, because the likes of Babayaro, Emre, Luque, Moore, N'Zogbia and Onyewu seem to be top of the list in Roeder's "sell/release" pile. I know it's not much of a measure for anything, but it's interesting nontheless as the bloke seems to be physically/mentally unable to handle/motivate a squad of players adequately - especially the ones who are from different cultures.

I wont mind if we get rid of Emre and Moore but if Roeder sells Zoggy he is out of his mind

This season Zoggy has been as shit as Duff but Roeder always has backed him but he is critising some 21 years old lad who is having some tough time

What a cunt

Guest johnson293

Anal 'confirming' that one of them was N'Zogbia....

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=duff%2Ds-season-is-over%2D-glenn%26method=full%26objectid=18912877%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

To make matters worse for Roeder, Duff's injury a comes at a time when his natural replacement Charles N'Zogbia appears to be going through the motions.

It's hard to find one positive thing the French midfielder has done this season after deservedly winning the North East Young Player of the Year at the end of the last campaign.

I understand that United feel N'Zogbia has had his head turned by the fact that Arsenal are reported to be interested in him.

The talk coming out of the United camp is that Roeder blasted N'Zogbia at half-time on Saturday for his lacklustre display before substituting him.

Well Done Oliver, more insider info, eh??? - At least when Bobby was manager, this kind of thing was kept out of the papers, to prevent further unsettling players, and giving the media somethign to write about.

"Hard to find a positive thing the French midfielder has done this season" ..... Same thing could be said about Duff, Carr, babayaro.... why Single out N'Zogbia??

MJ

Guest Darth Toon

Another pretty shocking example of Roeder's scattergun approach to assiging blame - absolutely anyone is fair game as long as none of the shit sticks to him.

OK, Charlie hasn't been brilliant lately, but he hasn't exactly has a consistent run has he - can anyone see Wenger slating one of his youngsters in public like this??

It could be that people are blackballing N'Zogbia so there's less opposition to his inevitable sale? If people keep saying he's crap (especially in the media), it will eventually become the wide-held opinion amongst the plebs. People around me at the match are already in on it, so it won't take long to get a decent majority calling him a "mercenary", "lazy frog", etc. and it won't give Roeder half as much trouble when he does go, from the people who know no better.

Never mind the fact that we'll get a vastly reduced fee for him, much like we did with Robert/Bellamy, because he'll end up in a position where he has absolutely no future at NUFC and his value will be greatly affected because of that. To think Glenn Roeder talks about changing the philosophy of this football club, eh? This whole season has had an utter stench of familiarity about it from pillar to post.

Nothing is changing - certainly not quickly, anyway.

I said this a few weeks back, he hasn`t lost the whole dressing room but after the AZ game there was a certain player that took the blame unfairly imo that is close friends outside the game with Zoggy and a few others that Roeder has "blasted" just recently. The man is an idiot.

It could be that people are blackballing N'Zogbia so there's less opposition to his inevitable sale? If people keep saying he's crap (especially in the media), it will eventually become the wide-held opinion amongst the plebs. People around me at the match are already in on it, so it won't take long to get a decent majority calling him a "mercenary", "lazy frog", etc. and it won't give Roeder half as much trouble when he does go, from the people who know no better.

Never mind the fact that we'll get a vastly reduced fee for him, much like we did with Robert/Bellamy, because he'll end up in a position where he has absolutely no future at NUFC and his value will be greatly affected because of that. To think Glenn Roeder talks about changing the philosophy of this football club, eh? This whole season has had an utter stench of familiarity about it from pillar to post.

Nothing is changing - certainly not quickly, anyway.

Makes sense in an oh-so-typical of the way we do things way. Same as slating Bramble while ignoring how dodgy Taylor has been, i.e. one's going while one is staying (not that I rate either of those two).

You're certainly not alone in holding that view on Bramble and Taylor, although the sensible ones would argue that Taylor has only had one or two "full seasons" (not every match at CB, either, of course) and is far younger than Titus. Still, neither exactly instill confidence as first choice players at this point in time and so it does seem strange that the currently better player of the two cannot get a look-in any longer, while Taylor seems the only centre-half destined to stay next season out of all of them... I'm forgetting Peter Ramage, mind, who I would not be surprised to see back against Chelsea.

You're certainly not alone in holding that view on Bramble and Taylor, although the sensible ones would argue that Taylor has only had one or two "full seasons" (not every match at CB, either, of course) and is far younger than Titus. Still, neither exactly instill confidence as first choice players at this point in time and so it does seem strange that the currently better player of the two cannot get a look-in any longer, while Taylor seems the only centre-half destined to stay next season out of all of them... I'm forgetting Peter Ramage, mind, who I would not be surprised to see back against Chelsea.

That said, Taylor's onto about his 80th appearance or so for the club now.