Players in public

Guest hindu times

Aye, woman and you are supposed to be a professional whatever the hell it is that you do. I wonder how you take if a bunch of idiots followed you when you were in public and insulted you, ffs. They shouldn't go drinking in Newcastle. :lol: You're kidding me. They should do whatever the hell they want as long as it follows the law and the stipulations of their contract. Public opinion should have no influence on how people live their day to day life outside of the workplace.

Get over yourself man.  :mackems:

You have no idea about real life. Have you ever even been to Britain? People here comment on all sorts of things, size, appearance, the clothes you wear, the car you drive. That is what happens.

So you honest think that professional sportsmen should be out drinking alcohol before matches? Is that not just a piss take on your part?

You make it sound like they are downing a can of stella on the bus down. If a player is out what right do you have to go up and begin insulting him, in that theory, I should be well within my rights to come up to you in the street and begin shouting abuse at you.

I might be opening a can of worms here but do you pay Blefuscu's wages?

There's a joke in there that I must avoid.

But, Blefuscu choses to pay those players wages, if she feels that strongly about her distaste stop going to the games, buying the shirts etc. In no way is she forced to buy these things, it isn't taken from her wages in Tax, it is , in essence a hobby.

Aye but I have a right to my opinion too Nixon, as does everyone.

Couldn't agree more, but it's the way you express that opinion that we are debating. By going up and shouting at the players, you are gaining nothing, you are abusing them. Why should they be bothered when in town?

I'm not sticking up for them, but this whole 'They are all fair game, let's tell them what we think.' It is crazy.

Should they be out on the drink regularly?  And if that's alright, should they have the common sense to not do it after we've been humiliated?

I think I'm making a slightly different point to Blefuscu in saying that I wouldn't abuse them personally but they're idiots if they don't expect stick in a football-obsessed city like ours if they go out on the lash after getting beat off Scunthorpe.

If we agree on the bit in bold above, we can leave this issue in the capable hands of the Manager and the club.   :rolleyes:

Guest Heneage

Aye, woman and you are supposed to be a professional whatever the hell it is that you do. I wonder how you take if a bunch of idiots followed you when you were in public and insulted you, ffs. They shouldn't go drinking in Newcastle. :lol: You're kidding me. They should do whatever the hell they want as long as it follows the law and the stipulations of their contract. Public opinion should have no influence on how people live their day to day life outside of the workplace.

Get over yourself man.  :mackems:

You have no idea about real life. Have you ever even been to Britain? People here comment on all sorts of things, size, appearance, the clothes you wear, the car you drive. That is what happens.

So you honest think that professional sportsmen should be out drinking alcohol before matches? Is that not just a piss take on your part?

You make it sound like they are downing a can of stella on the bus down. If a player is out what right do you have to go up and begin insulting him, in that theory, I should be well within my rights to come up to you in the street and begin shouting abuse at you.

I might be opening a can of worms here but do you pay Blefuscu's wages?

There's a joke in there that I must avoid.

But, Blefuscu choses to pay those players wages, if she feels that strongly about her distaste stop going to the games, buying the shirts etc. In no way is she forced to buy these things, it isn't taken from her wages in Tax, it is , in essence a hobby.

Aye but I have a right to my opinion too Nixon, as does everyone.

Couldn't agree more, but it's the way you express that opinion that we are debating. By going up and shouting at the players, you are gaining nothing, you are abusing them. Why should they be bothered when in town?

I'm not sticking up for them, but this whole 'They are all fair game, let's tell them what we think.' It is crazy.

Should they be out on the drink regularly?  And if that's alright, should they have the common sense to not do it after we've been humiliated?

I think I'm making a slightly different point to Blefuscu in saying that I wouldn't abuse them personally but they're idiots if they don't expect stick in a football-obsessed city like ours if they go out on the lash after getting beat off Scunthorpe.

If we agree on the bit in bold above, we can leave this issue in the capable hands of the Manager and the club.   :rolleyes:

I think you are making different points, yours seems to be more PR theory, that you shouldn't be flaunting your wealth after a poor performance. I think they are entitled to do it, am I entirely happy about it? No. But as human being and contributing members of society they are well within their right to go out and drink, it is the club who should be enforcing tougher rules and regulations on the playing staff, I'd be looking at closer towards one night out per week assuming we have a game on the saturday and then a week between the next, but that's all incredibly hypothetical and of no use to our discussion.

I just think going up and giving abuse will do nothing but further the idea of the idiot fans giving a player abuse on a night out. Let them get on with it and save any constructive critcism to their 90 minutes at work each home/away fixture.

if a player goes out on the piss 2 days before a game i do think its a bit unacceptable but who the f*** are we to start griefing them about it? just coz we are fans? let his boss deal with it in the same way our bosses would! what they do in there spare time is up to them, if they get caught out they get dropped or fined by the club. if someone came up to me in town on a sunday night and said 'what you playing at, you've got graft tomorrow' i would tell them where to go.

depends what on the piss is aswell ?

Just found this on my phone. Nolan mortal last monday in Aspers continuing the session on past 4:00 am.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2931/fatnolan.jpg

Guest toonlass

Kevin Nolan can do whatever he wants to be fair, he's one of the most effective players in this division. Points stands up for the underperformers though.

Yeah, lets just let our players abuse their bodies and let down the fans by being drunk and out till 4 in the morning. Maybe that's the reason we are in the Championship and not the premier league if its ok for them to be doing this.

Kevin Nolan can do whatever he wants to be fair, he's one of the most effective players in this division. Points stands up for the underperformers though.

Fucking hell.  The bloke can barely move at the best of times.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: I was actually joking about Nolan. I don't players (or anyone really) shold be abusing their body and I'm teetotal myself. However, I don't think it's our place to decide this for players.

You are right but its quite alarming how those at the club dont think its their place either. Surely the fitness coaches must be wondering how Nolan in particular simply doesnt get any fitter regardless of training/matches :shifty:

To be really fair, Kevin Nolan is shit and needs to spend a lot more time in the gym and a lot less in the pub.

Wor Habib used to go to Nandos a lot.

I remember seeing Shola in there before munching down a chicken.

Before the Chelsea home game last season the entire Ameobi family was in there, nobody cared.

How did you know they were all his family?  Check their passports?  Because they were black?  Racist :angry:

Wor Habib used to go to Nandos a lot.

I remember seeing Shola in there before munching down a chicken.

Before the Chelsea home game last season the entire Ameobi family was in there, nobody cared.

How did you know they were all his family?  Check their passports?  Because they were black?  Racist :angry:

To be fair, when I see a white man and women dining with children, I usually assume they're family as well...

Guest thefishman

I would recognise Shola's sister from when she worked at Eldon Leisure.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/dec2003/4/2/00014FDE-5E59-1FD4-8F8580BFB6FA0000.jpg

http://mushypeasandgravy.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/ameobi.jpg

:kinnear:

Guest Michael F

Yeah Sholas sister is the obvious 1 from my 5-a-side days.

Beardsley in Newcastle College car park in a red Audi a few years back

Oba in Foot Locker

Nile in Nandos