Will Michael Owen...

Baggio
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously depends on injuries...if he could actually stay injury free for the next 3 seasons, then undoubtedly 'Yes', but as he wont, it will be tight.

I can see him doing a Shearer, and retiring from International footy after the next world cup, he'll be 30, wont have the pace everyone remembers him for, and has had a history of serious injuries.

he already hasn't got the pace everyone remembers him for (i never thought it would be possible to mix that many tenses in one sentence),but he has the shearer knack of getting in the right place,you don't need pace of foot for that.

Owen has 37 goals in about 80 games for England, so giving him the generous side of inaccuracy, if he needs 13 to become England's top scorer, he's going to need another 26 games. Based on that record, if he stays fit, it should be a fairly attainable target you'd hope.

That said he'd do it a lot quicker if his rate of ocnverting chances wasn't so diabolical at the minute should have had a hat-trick on Saturday, missed a hatful against Wigan), so if this improves, as it probably will with match sharpness, then it may come a lot quicker.

Obviously depends on injuries...if he could actually stay injury free for the next 3 seasons, then undoubtedly 'Yes', but as he wont, it will be tight.

I can see him doing a Shearer, and retiring from International footy after the next world cup, he'll be 30, wont have the pace everyone remembers him for, and has had a history of serious injuries.

he already hasn't got the pace everyone remembers him for (i never thought it would be possible to mix that many tenses in one sentence),but he has the shearer knack of getting in the right place,you don't need pace of foot for that.

Yeah, totally agree on the pace thing, its been like that since before him came to toon.

If he plays in this Euro 2008, and the World cup qualifiers and we make it to WC 2010, he should have enough games to break the record, thats *IF* he stays fit.

Should he break the record, it may well be another good reason to retire after WC 2010

Then who will he play for? :|

Bobby Charlton  49

Gary Lineker  48

Jimmy Greaves  44

Michael Owen  38

Alan Shearer  30

Nat Lofthouse  30

Tom Finney  30

Vivian Woodward  29 

Stephen Bloomer  28

David Platt  27

he will easily do it

Bobby Charlton  49

Gary Lineker  48

Jimmy Greaves  44

Michael Owen  39

Alan Shearer  30

Nat Lofthouse  30

Tom Finney  30

Vivian Woodward  29 

Stephen Bloomer  28

David Platt  27

he will easily do it

I couldnt give a witches tit how many he scores for Engerland. If he's fit, scoring goals and playing for the toon then that is fine with me.

I'm constantly shitting it when he is on the pitch in an Engerland shirt, I have visions of him snapping or twisting something....

I need to change my vote. ;)

don't yet,he'll go through a spell of being crap and you'll slag him off(nowt wrong in that,praise when they do well,slag off when they're shit,the problem is with those who have favourites/hates and won't see when some players play well/deserve there place insted of their faves)

don't yet,he'll go through a spell of being crap and you'll slag him off(nowt wrong in that,praise when they do well,slag off when they're shit,the problem is with those who have favourites/hates and won't see when some players play well/deserve there place insted of their faves)

I was joking btw.

don't yet,he'll go through a spell of being crap and you'll slag him off(nowt wrong in that,praise when they do well,slag off when they're s***,the problem is with those who have favourites/hates and won't see when some players play well/deserve there place insted of their faves)

I was joking btw.

thought you were,thats why i covered all bases

Will he sign a new contract is an appropriate vote right now. Ashley should offer him long term contract with out any clauses.

Not just yet.  Don't forgot we got fook all out of him for 2 whole seasons.  If he can get to Jan injury free and keep playing like he now is, we should then sit down and discuss a new contract with him.

Guest David Kelly

As long as he doesn't pick up any injuries I can see him breaking the record in the next twelve months tbh.

I can't believe there is any doubt that it will eventually happen!

Will he sign a new contract is an appropriate vote right now. Ashley should offer him long term contract with out any clauses.

Michael Owen is an ambitious player, if we want him to sign a contract extension then it's up to us as a club to show him we can match that ambition.