Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Official Match Thread 22/04/07

Dave

Lets get to HT

No, let's not. They've been poor this first half, I would have liked us to capitalise on it. As it stands I'm sure Jose will motivate them at half-time and they'll come out and score against us in the second half.

Guest magpies_rawk

We've done well enough, i'm just concious that Chelsea will get a rocket at half time and that's ominous for us in the second half tbh.

agreed...they werent too good agst west ham either..it merely takes a spark of brilliance from:

lamps, drogba, SWP, terry (from a set piece)

to win them the game. 1-0 up to them, its game over. They are far too disciplined to lose a lead to the likes of us.

Guest redmayne

also chelsea are prety good at finishing games in the last 20 mins or so

i think they have the prem record for that this season!

So, half-time thoughts then?

Decent enough without really having any great chances. We've been the better team in the first half but Mourinho is all over Roeder when it comes to motivating players and changing tactics at half-time. I'd be amazed if they're not all over us in the second.

Good first half, we look like we are trying to win it, far better than i expected.

Milner, Taylor superb, even Carr looking decent.

Sib just isnt good enough, he's championship class. Please bring on Carroll.

Get Sib off if we are to score

You say that as if whoever his replacement is (Carrol, Luque?!) would definitely do better. That said, maybe we could move Dyer in there and get Zoggy on, or even play Zoggy behind Martins just so he can utilise his pace down the middle?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Good first half, we look like we are trying to win it, far better than i expected.

Milner, Taylor superb, even Carr looking decent.

Sib just isnt good enough, he's championship class. Please bring on Carroll.

Seconded

Taylor and Emre have been outstanding, Milner's had a great half as well. Take sibbers off please, it doesn't even look like the rest of our players have confident in him, they all rather play a tough ball for Martins than the easy one to Sibbers.

Dyer's been poor as well, Zoggy on for him and Carrol for Sibierski.

Guest magpies_rawk

So, half-time thoughts then?

Decent enough without really having any great chances. We've been the better team in the first half but Mourinho is all over Roeder when it comes to motivating players and changing tactics at half-time. I'd be amazed if they're not all over us in the second.

Impressive possession and breaking up of their play. Lack of quality wrt our final ball really shows though. Sibs as mentioned by some has contributed little to our build up play but the roedent is too weak ass to take him off at half time so he'd stay.

Taylor and Emre have been outstanding, Milner's had a great half as well. Take sibbers off please, it doesn't even look like the rest of our players have confident in him, they all rather play a tough ball for Martins than the easy one to Sibbers.

I hope Emre doesn't score. :razz:

Half-time ratings:

Harper 6

Solano 6

Taylor 9

Bramble 6

Carr 8

Dyer 6

Butt 7

Emre 7

Milner 8

Sibierski 4

Martins 6

We are desperate for a striker who is able to receive passes, and link up with the midfielders.

Judging on the first half, there is only one team that is going to win, and it's not Chelsea. Would have liked to have gone in one up though, the game is only going to get harder.

I hope Emre doesn't score. :razz:

mackems.gif

Get Sib off if we are to score

You say that as if whoever his replacement is (Carrol, Luque?!) would definitely do better. That said, maybe we could move Dyer in there and get Zoggy on, or even play Zoggy behind Martins just so he can utilise his pace down the middle?

Give Carroll a go if he is going to be good enough 45 mins against Terry will do him the world of good.

Half-time ratings:

Harper 6

Solano 6

Taylor 9

Bramble 6

Carr 8

Dyer 6

Butt 7

Emre 7

Milner 8

Sibierski 4

Martins 6

We are desperate for a striker who is able to receive passes, and link up with the midfielders.

Judging on the first half, there is only one team that is going to win, and it's not Chelsea. Would have liked to have gone in one up though, the game is only going to get harder.

Harsh on Nobby, surely he's been better than Dyer?