Carr

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Sheringham did alright. Although, he wasn't a full-back, like.

I take your point, but he also had ability and a brain.

Carr played well today, yes?

He was ok, no more, no less.

We differ then, because I thought he was very good.

were you there, or watching on sky?

he was average with the ball, but he is appaling without it, he can not run.

I was there.

Guest thebigfella

he wasent that good guys!!!! he'll think we want him here if we go on like this still not the answer!!!!

The "Troll" a.k.a. Stephen Carr played really well yesterday

Nevertheless one game doesnt make you good player

When you look at his season in general he played like crap in most of the games.

Thats what counts at the end of the day

The general performances through the season,not just 1-2 good games.

If we rely on his 4-5 good performances a season we are fucked.

The same apply about Bramble,Ramage,Babayaro

We need consistency in our player's form if we are going to be a good team

As a conclusion i will say one situation during yesterday's game

Carr made very good run on the left side,Milner passed him the ball,Carr went into the penalty area and then tried to find someone of his teammates.My point is that he was in very good position even to shoot but his natural foot is not the left,its the right.If that was some class LB that might have been a goal

The other thing like alot of the people here are mentioning is the fact that this season i havent seen a cross from our left flang.Thats just ridiculous.Under SBR Bernard was steady as steel at Lb.He was producing crosses for Shearer and even managed to get some important goals for us.These days that thought of our LB's to make a decent cross or score a goal is just pure fantasy

if Roeder doesnt sign some quality LB in the summer i hope that there is going to be a riot

Guest Ridzuan

I am not a big hater of his but I think he is capable of becoming a decent defender if he keep playing like he did yesterday more often and if he doesnt get injured regularly.

I only saw the game on telly yesterday but Carr was excellent in both halves, I don't think I've seen him play that well on the right and Baba will have to up his game 200% to get near the standard of yesterday... Didn't put a pass wrong and was a textbook modern day left back!!

He is still inconsistent, but that seems to be the problem for the whole of our team not just Stephen Carr!! FFS we can grind out results against the supposed best teams "in europe" (see champs league) yet we can pish away games against less than average outfits such as Fulham man city etc...etc. Boils my urine, it does!!!

I am not a big hater of his but I think he is capable of becoming a decent defender if he keep playing like he did yesterday more often and if he doesnt get injured regularly.

capable of becoming a decent defender?

mate he's 31 this year

Will probably still be here next season if he doesn't get his move back to London sorted out, so I'm glad that the chubby little fecker is hitting something resembling Premiership form. He's still not outstanding, but he barely put a foot wrong yesterday and got up and down the park more than I've seen him do for a long, long time. Fair play to him for doing so well out of position.

Certainly better, but I do think peoples opinions would be different had that penalty been given and we had lost the game. Still see left back as the primary target for a new transfer.

capable of becoming a decent defender?

mate he's 31 this year

They'll be saying the same thing of Bramble when he turns 31.... ;)

Guest Douga

I was at a coaching session with Paul Winsper

He said that Carr is  built like a brick shit house

He claimed that you will not get a more ripped up player at the club

Lowest BMI at the club apparenntly

Parker the highest he clamied aswel!!!

I was at a coaching session with Paul Winsper

He said that Carr is  built like a brick shit house

He claimed that you will not get a more ripped up player at the club

Lowest BMI at the club apparenntly

Parker the highest he clamied aswel!!!

I think he was taking the piss out of you mate.