Its Roeder

lovejoy

its not going to be roeder ffs

How are you so confident?

I believe roeder when he said he doesn't want the job

Have you seen his latest quotes though? U-turn city tbh.

Yep, although I didn't believe him in the first place, of course he wanted the job, the biggest u-turn will be from Shepherd though!

Guest stjamestoon

Freddy's statement could be a way of getting the odds to drift back out for us fans, then all of a sudden - announcement!! ;) What a nice guy

Im gonna slap a G, and Roeder then ;)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thank fuk for that.

I am thankful for what Roeder has done, however the man simply isnt good enough to be our saviour.

Unless Shepherd is cleverly using the Chron and local sources to leak out its Roeder to gauge reaction but denying it at this time in case he feels it wouldn't be popular!  tongue.gif

Guest Gemmill

Is there a throng of slack-jawed retards in black and white assembling outside of SJP yet?  That's usually a sure sign that something is about to happen.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

The betting is on next "permanent" Newcastle manager however. Would Craig be permanent, or another caretaker?

Guest Gemmill

its worth getting on tommy craig

Ya wha?

if the fa refuse to wait for roeder to get his badge, we will 'appoint' craig until roder does it.

he is 80/1

They won't pay out on that mate.  They're at pains to point out that "caretaker, interim etc" doesn't apply.

Guest Darth Toon

They would have to name Craig as permanent manager if it's going to take Roder longer than 12 weeks to get his Pro-License.

The more I think about it, the more dissapointed I am, that's shocking I know, I should be happy given the last few games but I just feel we have missed a massive opportunity to get someone really good!

Guest Gemmill

They would have to name Craig as permanent manager if it's going to take Roder longer than 12 weeks to get his Pro-License.

An appointment pending Roeder getting his Pro-License is by definition an interim appointment.

Guest Gemmill

check the nufc.com now lads..

whats differnt now to when it was 15mins ago?

Glenn gets gig - in theory:

Meet the new boss....

The next full-time manager of Newcastle United will be Glenn Roeder - if the club can reach agreement with the FA over a timetable for his permanent appointment.

That was the news being reported on Tyneside today, although it seems as if the story may have appeared prematurely.

From what we can gather, the scenario is this:

Roeder's allotted 12 week tenure as stand-in boss has now expired, but the club successfully appealed to the FA for an extension until the end of the season - citing the ongoing uncertainty over the FA's appointment of a new England boss as a mitigating factor.

The decision has now been made by the club to appoint Roeder on a permanent basis, but further clearance is required for this to be ratified as a valid appointment by the FA.

Our rationale appears to be that the part -qualified Roeder will complete the outstanding parts of the Prolicence course before next season, meaning he'll take charge for our opening game of 2006/07 with all required qualifications.

We've now reputedly asked for this to be rubber-stamped by the FA.

Saturday saw Roeder oversee his tenth victory in fifteen games since taking over from Graeme Souness in February.

its worth getting on tommy craig

Ya wha?

if the fa refuse to wait for roeder to get his badge, we will 'appoint' craig until roder does it.

he is 80/1

They won't pay out on that mate.  They're at pains to point out that "caretaker, interim etc" doesn't apply.

i dont think we can appoint another 'caretaker' or 'interim' though can we??

he will have to be named permenant manager and then 'step down' so to speak

Guest MagicNumber9

From SkySports, nothing new though..

Speculation is mounting on Tyneside that Glenn Roeder is set to be handed the Newcastle United job on a permanent basis.

Reports in the North East claim the former West Ham boss will be appointed as the successor to Graeme Souness after steadying the ship at St James' Park in a caretaker capacity.

Roeder has won nine of the 13 games he has taken charge, drawing once, and appears to have the support of the club's board and fans.

A potential stumbling block is his lack of the required qualification regarding a Pro-licence but Newcastle are confident he can be fast-tracked on the course and it should not prove to be an issue.

Roeder did initially say he did not want the job full-time but his stance is likely to have changed and it is almost certain that he would accept the responsibility if handed such a prestigious position.

Some bookmakers have stopped taking bets on the next Newcastle manager as the club mount a late charge towards a Uefa Cup qualification spot.

Guest sicko2ndbest

One song title sums it up

''we're on a Roedernowhere''

The man has twice got a club to 7th place and had them relegated the following years (west ham - watford) and now he comes to us.

What a fukin shambles  blueupset.gif  :mad: