Its Roeder

lovejoy

Guest Darth Toon

Odds on Betfair suggest this is true - big money traded at odds on! £400 for me if it's true - come on Wor Glenn!

Why do you care so much Jol? :)

Because this fuka knows Spurs are going to pull away even further now. We will have no sway with big players, and Spurs are going to pick up the market that the top 4 dont want. Has Roeder got the bollox to pick the players up after a 4 game winless streak, will he terrify players, wil Owen stay.

Answer is no to all of the above

Congratulations FS if this is true, you have well and truely fukd us over again!!!

You're taakin total pish mate.

Has Roeder got the bollox to pick the players up after a 4 game winless streak, will he terrify players, wil Owen stay.

He already fucking has!!!  Unbelievable.  This guy deserves the Newcastle job, more than any appointment we've made in years, talk about steadying the boat?!?!?  He's turned into a round the world catamaran.  I'm actually staggered anyone has the audacity to slag Glenn, and his appointment, and for once I think Shepherd has done the right thing.  Let's face it whoever he appointed there'd be wanks, saying FFS has fucked us again.  Well done Shepherd and well done Roeder, it's the most positive step this club has made since we sacked Robson.  Good luck Glenn most of the true fans will be 100% behind you.

Results with a team that isn't is and winning 5 games on the bounce something we've not done since Bobby Robson was here. If he has his own squad with his own money, his own coaches and his own setup I think he can do very well. We've had the big names and they have done nothing, we have the names who have won trophys and they have done even less so why not have stable club for once with a manager who cares about the club, has played for the club, knows how to coach players and talk with them and has a good eye for players (wanted Drogba for 1/4m) yes he's made bad purchases as well but hasn't everyone and he understand a player is more than just what he does on the field so will look at a player for what he is before signing him so that we don't end up with the likes of Viana and maybe Luque in the future who can't cut it in the Premiership.

If he signs it's a sign that the club is looking to make the club stable for once, we won't have a manager who will come in and change the whole squad yet again. And we will also have the likes of Owen playing again next season so this will hopefully allow us to do better against the top team. I've stated for a while I'd be happy for him to come so I'm happy. I'd rather have him that O'Neil thats for sure and Big Sam. There are no other good UK managers who would come so it's good enough for me.

It also hopefully means we wont have the embarrasing crowds going to the club to cheer a new manager when we should be saving that for trophies.

Guest Living Legend

Roeder's done excellent job.. But really I doubt he can do much more.

In long term he hasn't got what it takes, every team he has managed got relegated. Hopefully Newcastle isn't his next.

We need DoF, and we need it badly. And hopefully Freddy only gives him 1+1 contract, or rolling one, it will cost us lots of money to put him on 5 year contract and realize after one year that he has lost it.

While I like the guy and think he's done a good job as caretaker, I think the word to sum this up is "Unambitious".

Safe bet for Fred though, doesn't have to bust a bollock paying for/getting a "highest calibre" manager and knows there wont be a backlash because people wouldn't have the heart to do that to Glen.

Guest Micktoon

While I like the guy and think he's done a good job as caretaker, I think the word to sum this up is "Unambitious".

Safe bet for Fred though, doesn't have to bust a bollock paying for/getting a "highest calibre" manager and knows there wont be a backlash because people wouldn't have the heart to do that to Glen.

Agree 100%

Roeder's done excellent job.. But really I doubt he can do much more.

In long term he hasn't got what it takes, every team he has managed got relegated. Hopefully Newcastle isn't his next.

We need DoF, and we need it badly. And hopefully Freddy only gives him 1+1 contract, or rolling one, it will cost us lots of money to put him on 5 year contract and realize after one year that he has lost it.

Bloody hell what is it with people and a DOF, it's become a bloody buzz word when most people don't even understand what it is. He has only managed West Ham and they got relegated the season he was missing for most of it when he was ill. When he had his full season there they finished 7th which for West Ham was damn good back then.

Guest Rob_000

Wasn't it Talksport who said a few weeks back that O'Neill was set to become Toon boss?

So untill Fat Fred comes out and announces the new boss just take everything with a pinch of salt

Guest Ridzuan

Hmm...i am not trying to believe it until there has been an official announcement telling me that.But if its true,I will have no problem with the decision.

Guest gazp9

Wasn't it Talksport who said a few weeks back that O'Neill was set to become Toon boss?

So untill Fat Fred comes out and announces the new boss just take everything with a pinch of salt

seconded

One word from me, stability and it's something this club has been lacking since KK left. Hopefully the club will continue along this line as the next manager will come from within the club as well. No sense constantly changing a team if it's a good squad and can do well. We have a good squad with the likes of Owen, Parker, Emre, Taylor, Given so no reason to change it massivly but a bigger manager would want to like the past managers have.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

FUCK betfair won't let me register. Only place where you can still get reasonable odds!

I've not heard anything myself like - still MO'N according to my source but it seems my source has gone stale...

Why do you care so much Jol? :)

Because this fuka knows Spurs are going to pull away even further now. We will have no sway with big players, and Spurs are going to pick up the market that the top 4 dont want. Has Roeder got the bollox to pick the players up after a 4 game winless streak, will he terrify players, wil Owen stay.

Answer is no to all of the above

Congratulations FS if this is true, you have well and truely fukd us over again!!!

You're taakin total pish mate.

Has Roeder got the bollox to pick the players up after a 4 game winless streak, will he terrify players, wil Owen stay.

He already fucking has!!!  Unbelievable.  This guy deserves the Newcastle job, more than any appointment we've made in years, talk about steadying the boat?!?!?  He's turned into a round the world catamaran.  I'm actually staggered anyone has the audacity to slag Glenn, and his appointment, and for once I think Shepherd has done the right thing.  Let's face it whoever he appointed there'd be wanks, saying FFS has fucked us again.   Well done Shepherd and well done Roeder, it's the most positive step this club has made since we sacked Robson.  Good luck Glenn most of the true fans will be 100% behind you.

Blimey!! I'm agreeing 100% with Steveintoon!! :shock: :shock:

This is defintely an unambitious move, but i'm reasonably happy. He's meant to be a quality coach, read any quotes from ex players and they all love him.

Freddy though seems to have taken the 'its what the fans want' approach to cover his back.

I think this is what most fans would feel.

What the hell has FS being doing for the past 12 weeks?

We need a manager to take us on to the next level. I love Glenn but he's just not the guy to do it. Prepare for another few years of underachievement!

Guest The_Tyne

It was his job to lose by the end of it, My only concern is that he will struggle to attract "big names".

Guest Micktoon

Scenario is:

Roeder gets one year rolling, Shearer takes year off whilst taking his badges, Shearer becomes Glenns assistant, Shearer takes over from Glenn, Glenn moves upstairs, Fatboy gets his Geordie manager.

Not saying that is a good or bad thing, had this feeling all week. I think that Roeders appointment will prove this.

FUcks sake, results against absolutely dire teams, who we should have been beating under Souness. Struggled tremendously against the big teams.

A new underwhelming era of Newcastle United.

Lets see, based on his record this season, next season we'll lose twice to chelsea, manure and liverpool, but win just about every other game against every other team in the league.

That was a bit of an exaggeration, but we do need the consistency more than the "famous" wins against top class opposition, or we'll just become another Boro.