Its Roeder

lovejoy

Guest teepee

nothing on .cock yet.....

roeder is not the world class manager we were "promised", but he is very high on my list. yes, i would have preferred hitzfeld or le guen, but roeder is a better choice than most of the other names mentioned!

if he comes i support him fully!

i do just fear that fat freddy sees him as a temp. manager while shearer gets ready.....

I'm delighted about the whole situation, thrilled to bits.

You know what it is with a large number of Newcastle fans and it's not just your new fans and younger fans, since I grew up watching the toon in the eighties, it's a big trait of toon fans, not to be happy unless they're miserable and have something to whinge at.

Tell me a manager in the world who would've got better results than Roeder has and with the style it's been done, with the resources he's had available. People have complained that other than Keegan and Robson, that the other managers were destined to failure, as "they don't understand the people or the area". Roeder lived in Newcastle for 6 years, and was captain for 4 of those 6 years, so that's that box ticked. I'm going to leave you all to whinge at Shepherd and how shit we'll be next season, and how little cash we'll have to spend, and how Roeder's (laughably this) only beaten shit sides, and how even if we've got money no one will want to sign for Roeder anyway, and how he took West Ham down.

:mad:

It’s just about not accepting second best. I’ve said before I like Glenn but he will not take us on to the next level. Whether you like it or not he has been a little fortunate with some of the fixtures, fair play to him, you can only beat who is in front of you and he’s done that. However, we were crap when we got cuffed at Charlton, poor at times against Boro and in the first half v the makems. Does he come into the “top class” category FS was bleating on about a few weeks ago?

Btw, I’m normally happiest when I’m not moaning!

We needed a manager we could all get behind from day one. Roeder is not that man. For fucks sake, we should have just poached Mclaren if we are saying 'give someone a chance because they have had a decent (by no means outstanding) run recently'.

Roeder finished 2nd bottom of the football league with Gillingham, did well initially with Watford then oversaw their demise just as he did with West Ham, 7th then relegated.

Wow, people complain about O'Neill's record and yet are willing to welcome Roeder with open arms?

We have had some dreadful games under him, his handling of Luque begs questions, and his wrenching from the academy does little to help the stability of our club which some people put as one of the main reasons to appoint him.

What will his backroom staff consist of. Who did he use at Watford and the Hammers?

Will Terry Mac remain?

Is it just another dead duck, patsy appointment, treading water until the second coming of Shearer?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

NEWCASTLE United have responded to the latest reports concerning the vacant managerial situation at St. James' Park.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd told nufc.co.uk: "I am aware of reports circulating today but the club will not be making any comment on them.

"We haven't ruled anyone in, or out, as far as things go.

"When we have something to say on the matter we will make an official announcement."

Gutted, not taking anything away from Roeder, but he aint the man long term and not as high a calibre manager as I was wanting.

Distinct lack of ambition my Shepherd in my opinion, I would have at least expected to get someone with some sort of track record in Europe.

A run of games against opposition we should be beating as a matter of course while being caretaker manager with a lack of pressure does not make him the best candidate.

He deserves a big pat on the back and a nice big bonus but not the job long term. bluesigh.gif

Not too bothered about the appointment, i think with Houllier it would work very well, im still owndering whats happened to M'ON though? Surely he cant of gone to england? And if he hasnt then i think we should still be going all out to get him in instead of losing patience.

The chronicle interviewed me this morningas I was coming out of the metro on the question - Am I happy with the appointment of Roeder as full time manager?  The way it was phrased was that it was done and dusted.

What the f8ck is going on?

Guest vatos

I'm delighted about the whole situation, thrilled to bits.

You know what it is with a large number of Newcastle fans and it's not just your new fans and younger fans, since I grew up watching the toon in the eighties, it's a big trait of toon fans, not to be happy unless they're miserable and have something to whinge at.

Tell me a manager in the world who would've got better results than Roeder has and with the style it's been done, with the resources he's had available. People have complained that other than Keegan and Robson, that the other managers were destined to failure, as "they don't understand the people or the area". Roeder lived in Newcastle for 6 years, and was captain for 4 of those 6 years, so that's that box ticked. I'm going to leave you all to whinge at Shepherd and how shit we'll be next season, and how little cash we'll have to spend, and how Roeder's (laughably this) only beaten shit sides, and how even if we've got money no one will want to sign for Roeder anyway, and how he took West Ham down.

:mad:

It’s just about not accepting second best. I’ve said before I like Glenn but he will not take us on to the next level. Whether you like it or not he has been a little fortunate with some of the fixtures, fair play to him, you can only beat who is in front of you and he’s done that. However, we were crap when we got cuffed at Charlton, poor at times against Boro and in the first half v the makems. Does he come into the “top class” category FS was bleating on about a few weeks ago?

Btw, I’m normally happiest when I’m not moaning!

I think we have to realize that the next level is positions 4-8 right now. 1-4 is more than just the next level.

Guest thompers

I for one am f*cking fuming. Fat fucker started out with the right decision, that Roeder was just a temp and that we'd have a new top manager soon enough. However yet again our mindless fat fuck of a chairman has produced an amazing kneejerk of a reaction and made this decision to save his own arse, because he knows showing more ambition would almost certainly require a bigger risk and if a more ambitious appointment backfired, he'd be in the firing line. Nothing against Roeder, it's not his fault and he seems like a top bloke, it's the fucking brainless stupid thick dumb cunt who seems incapable of getting it right (AGAIN) when we needed him to the most.

Glenn will get my full backing, as all our managers do, but I wish a certain overweight chairman would leave to allow us to fulfill the massive potential that our club undoubtedly has.