Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

Guest WalkervilleMag

to be honest, neither is going to happen,  Glenda is our manager for next season  like it or not.

You have to log in to read that? :lol:

I thought our official site was shit!

At least you got the chance to log in, gone tits up now

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

Nah, that's the '?ptvParm=' on the end of Sned's link that is wrong.

Guest redmayne

on icnewcastle it says roeder had to attend emergency club business on friday...

lets hope its all to do with this.....

Id stick a tenner on Gary Speed to get the Bolton job like.

Always seems highly rated and I think a  team like Bolton would be better taking a risk with someone like Speed who would have a chance of being really good, rather that going for some established mediocre manager, which is probably all they could attract.

Cant see Anelka sticking around for long either.

to be honest, neither is going to happen,  Glenda is our manager for next season  like it or not.

TBH.

Maybe Fulham? What's the "surely he's off to Citeh" comments based on?

And aye, i'd bet a decent amount Gary Speed got offered it.

TBH.

Maybe Fulham? What's the "surely he's off to Citeh" comments based on?

And aye, i'd bet a decent amount Gary Speed got offered it.

Surely Pearce is a dead man walking - their fans have had enough, he's clearly not got a clue what is going on.

He's probably jacked it in now, knowing that the comments about leaving at the end of the season have made it impossible for him to carry on. It may also be an attempt to avoid situations where he's going to be asked about Pearce's job whilst Pearce is still there.

The only confusing thing is the state of the Citeh takeover, whcih is obviously still in very early days. If he's staked it all on Ranson winning, then he's in a tricky situation. Although it could be like our takeover when all interested parties agreed they wanted the same man for the job, maybe.

I dunno, at least it makes the end of season more interesting.

Sam Allardyce

Sammy Lee

Glenn Roeder

Gary Speed

... is a decent coaching set-up. I've said this before and i'll say it again, because i stand by it - Roeder's not a very good manager but i reckon he'd be a very good coach. Because i think he's good on a one-to-one basis. It's the crucial matchday decisions where he falls down - and that's the manager's job. On the training ground however, i bet he'd be a valuable member of the staff.

Would Roeder accept what would effectively be constructive dismissal?

No. Its our official manager disease. Managers must pretend for the good of the club that they refuse to resign and plough on with their regime. Money grabbing cunts.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think Roeder's job is safe at all, never has been, never will be because he is nothing more than an interim appointment, that's why he only got 2 years and why, if rumours are true, the club and he have the option to review things after 12 months.

I don't think Roeder's job is safe at all, never has been, never will be because he is nothing more than an interim appointment, that's why he only got 2 years and why, if rumours are true, the club and he have the option to review things after 12 months.

Review... REVIEW GOD DAMNIT.

www.allardyceforthetoon.com anyone?

What is Roeders contract situation was he signed on one year or two? Can't see him being cast aside,

although i wouldn't mind.

Guest WalkervilleMag

well if the papers are right that we are to bring players in as soon as the transfer window opens,  that does not sound like Glen will be sacked.   

What about Sidwell ??? already signed apparently 

Firstly I don't want it to happen, secondly I don't think Fat Fred will be too keen to sack Roeder and thirdly I don't think he has the money to sack Roeder and his staff, bring in Allardyce and his staff and then fund this summer's purchases.

Guest Knightrider

Every Toon manager since KK have been sacked not long after spending good money, means nowt at Newcastle and even then, there is good reason to believe at United, the manager doesn't get much of a say as to who comes in or who gets sold anyway.

Every Toon manager since KK have been sacked not long after spending good money, means nowt at Newcastle and even then, there is good reason to believe at United, the manager doesn't get much of a say as to who comes in or who gets sold anyway.

Boom! You'll be in trouble for that! :lol: