Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

Bolton want £5m compensation if Allardyce becomes manager of City or Newcastle. (The Sun)

can they do that?

They do change their mind quite quickly at the Sun. Yesterday it was £2m, but I recall reading £500k somewhere aswell...

Bolton want £5m compensation if Allardyce becomes manager of City or Newcastle. (The Sun)

can they do that?

They do change their mind quite quickly at the Sun. Yesterday it was £2m, but I recall reading £500k somewhere aswell...

No chance they'd get that, mutual termination of the contract has been stated by both sides, they'd be lucky to get anything, and they'd only get that if they can prove Sam had already taken another job, which if its us is certainly not the case.

can they do that?

No chance they'd get that, mutual termination of the contract has been stated by both sides, they'd be lucky to get anything, and they'd only get that if they can prove Sam had already taken another job, which if its us is certainly not the case.

If they can manage to pay for Souness, nothing would surprise me.

Their chairman Gartside has been very petty in the press stating Sammy Lee is a better manager and it was time for Bolton to change how it plays its football.

I just think its sour grapes and it shows, quite sad considering what Sam has done for them, bitterness just makes him look small considering Sam's kind words for the club even though he was held back for years due to lack of funds.

can they do that?

Just a thought, but if it was a mutual parting of ways then I'd imagine it might be inserted into the terms of the agreement that compensation be due if he takes up a job within a certain period of time... The only problem with that scenario is what leverage Gartside has on Allardyce to force such a concession...?

can they do that?

Maybe this is his way of getting round the "No funds unless you sell Anelka" problem?  Go to Newcastle, Bolton fine them £5 million, pull a Redknap and go back, use the funds for a player

A journo is saying that the Telegraph reckon that Bolton have paid up Allardyce's contract in full subject to clauses, which is why they would be able to claim compensation.

But why pay him off in full? They wouldn't have to, it was Allardyce who wanted out.  Think there is quite a bit more of this story to come out yet.