Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

Guest Geordiesned

Sky Sports: Allardyce Steps Down

Sam Allardyce has stepped down as manager of Bolton Wanderers.

The 52-year-old took charge at Bolton in 1999 and transformed their fortunes, turning The Trotters into a solid Premiership outfit.

Reports on Saturday suggested he had opted to head for a new challenge, with it being claimed he had agreed a deal with prospective Manchester City buyer Ray Ranson to take charge at Eastlands.

Allardyce oversaw Saturday's draw with Chelsea, but it has proved to be his last act as he has confirmed his resignation in a statement on the club's website.

"After nearly eight privileged years with Bolton Wanderers Football Club, I would like to announce that, after careful consideration and dialogue with my close family and senior officials within the football club, I will be resigning as manager of the club with immediate effect," said Allardyce.

"It was mutually decided that I step down now rather than at the end of the season, to give my successor the ideal opportunity to experience the preparation and build up of matchday in readiness of next season.

"The decision to leave the football club, which has been my spiritual home for over 18 years, as both player and manager, is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life.

"However, after guiding the team into a position where the club is on the verge of qualification for European football for the second time in three years, which has been the accumulation of almost seven years of strategic building and hard work across all areas of the football club, I feel it is the right moment to step down from my duties and welcome a new exciting era for the club under different leadership.

"I feel the club is in a great position to continue its upward trajectory with a talented internationally recognised squad, supported by an excellent Academy programme across all ages working under the guidance of a highly-skilled football management team.

"I believe the foundation of the next phase for the next development stage of the club is well and truly in place. It is with this knowledge that I feel confident that I am moving on with my life content with a legacy that I have tried to create for this special club and I wish the owner, chairman, staff, players and above all the fans every success in the future."

I think the Man City/Ray Ranson story looks like the reason he's left, that's just a guess though.

That seems likely since they got the leaving bit right.  But i dont really see what he can do at man city that he cant at bolton - i think we seem like the perfect option.  An under achieving side with the potential to surpass bolton

Guest redmayne

please fat fred be up to your usual tricks and going behind the managers back!!

for once i would actually be thankful

Guest triggy99

I don't understand why he didn't wait another 3 games ???

probly would have if it didnt come out yesterday

I think the Man City/Ray Ranson story looks like the reason he's left, that's just a guess though.

That seems likely since they got the leaving bit right.  But i dont really see what he can do at man city that he cant at bolton - i think we seem like the perfect option.  An under achieving side with the potential to surpass bolton

New ownership with more money than Bolton...I think it's a new challenge for him...

Guest alexharrisonnufc

to give his succssor chance to experience pre match build up etc

"It was mutually decided that I step down now rather than at the end of the season, to give my successor the ideal opportunity to experience the preparation and build up of matchday in readiness of next season."

to give his succssor chance to experience pre match build up etc

Yeah right :lol:

Well, the official reason is in the press release: "It was mutually decided that I step down now rather than at the end of the season, to give my successor the ideal opportunity to experience the preparation and build up of matchday in readiness of next season."

The real reason is probably something more like the Bolton board got wind of his plans to attach himself to the Ranson/Man City ticket and told him to clear out his desk - after his manouveres for the England job I'm assuming they decided enough was enough

probly would have if it didnt come out yesterday

Very possible. :nods:

The pressure and uncertainty would have been overwhelming.

I wonder if he's been rumbled, will he get his contract paid up or will they sack him and cancel his contract on the grounds of gross misconduct?  If he's done something shoddy then he doesn't deserve a penny out of Bolton.

I wonder if he's been rumbled, will he get his contract paid up or will they sack him and cancel his contract on the grounds of gross misconduct?  If he's done something shoddy then he doesn't deserve a penny out of Bolton.

Steady on... :lol:

Steady on... :lol:

bluelaugh.gif

You have to log in to read that? :lol:

I thought our official site was shit!

At least you got the chance to log in, gone tits up now

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.