Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

well if the papers are right that we are to bring players in as soon as the transfer window opens,  that does not sound like Glen will be sacked.   

What about Sidwell ??? already signed apparently 

Typical Allardyce player tbh...

well if the papers are right that we are to bring players in as soon as the transfer window opens,  that does not sound like Glen will be sacked.   

What about Sidwell ??? already signed apparently 

Typical Allardyce player tbh...

Just like Okocha was. ;)

Firstly I don't want it to happen, secondly I don't think Fat Fred will be too keen to sack Roeder and thirdly I don't think he has the money to sack Roeder and his staff, bring in Allardyce and his staff and then fund this summer's purchases.

You don't think Sheperd will be able to afford sacking Roeder? He's on peanuts and we have the option to get rid at the end of the season. I can't imagine Allardyce and his team will be demanding massive wages either.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Roeder is on a 2 year contract. runs out at the end of next season. He confirmed this in the summer  saying he is fine with that, as it puts pressure on him to sucseed. 

Guest Kenton Magpie

He isnt that good, he is a step better than Roeder but what we really need is a top european manager with balls and some tactical nouse

No suprise at all...he's always fancied a bigger job. Was desperate for England and the piss poor job he did of distancing himself from Pearce's job earlier on the season means this was always on the card. He's blatantly been offered a bigger job and decided the time was right. Question is where is the offer from. I'd have to believe its from City due to the timing of this co-inciding with the escalation of the takeover talk but IDK...What I hope is happened that is John Wardle, Ray Ranson, Thaksin Hoojimawotsit, whoever, have all agreed that whoever takes over, Allardyce is the #1 choice to replace Pearce so we can appoint him without waiting for a takeover and risking someone else (cough) nicking in instead.

Did I read he turned down the Newcastle job previously? What are the alleged circumstances?

For what its worth, I'd be delighted to have Allardyce at City. Gets slated for ugly football but its gotta be improvement on what we've served up this season...and I'd credit with a gajillion times more nouse than Pearce, I can't imagine he'd have 3/4 of his players marking thin air in the 18 yard box while the opposition lines up a direct free kick into a gaping corner of the net :idiot2:

allardyce comming in as Director of Football ???

I think that is a possibility, because of the re-structuring that our non-existent scouting network requires, also the signing of someone with a telephone book of overseas contacts, that keeps getting mentioned.

However, he was also the biggest voice against an unqualified Roeder getting the managers job. so not sure if they could work together.

Freddy is a sly old dog who would probably back stab his own Gran if he needed to. I wouldn't be shocked if Freddy has bent the ear of Big Sam. I don't think you would get long odds on Allardyce being named next Toon manager. Shame it probably would be annouced on September 28th when we are in relegation zone, Dyer shitting in someones bed, Owen growing an in growing hair in his ass whilst on England duty and Martins granchild being paraded in the Sun saying how he wished he shared his worthers orginals with Grandad Oba!

Guest redmayne

Anyone got SSN on someone said it is reporting he is in talks with newcastle.

I think they are lying.

on now - no mention of it....

What I hope is happened that is John Wardle, Ray Ranson, Thaksin Hoojimawotsit, whoever, have all agreed that whoever takes over, Allardyce is the #1 choice to replace Pearce so we can appoint him without waiting for a takeover and risking someone else (cough) nicking in instead.

As I mentioned earlier, this wouldn't surprise me, it is exactly what happened with our takeover and the MON appointment.

I can't imagine he'd have 3/4 of his players marking thin air in the 18 yard box while the opposition lines up a direct free kick into a gaping corner of the net

:-) (sorry).

Guest Knightrider

One thing is certain, until he finds a new job he'll be linked with us constantly, unless he himself or someone from the club says anything to pour cold on the flames. So expect an interesting summer folks, as ever here at Newcastle. My fingers are crossed. Would punch the air in delight if we got him, would give us the 5th best manager in the league in my opinion and off the pitch finally get us up and running with modern standards.

It will be interesting to see what Roeders demeanour is tomorrow night.

He generally looks stressed and under pressure already. Anotehr 24 hours of Allardyce for Newcastle talk is bound to have some additional affect on him.

Guest Robkaz69

Show of hands,

Who would have Big Sam at the toon, i think Shepherd should be straight on the phone and secure his services for next season.

Roader done ok considering injurys and lack of transfer funds from the fat man, brink Sam in give him the money and bring Gary Speed back for his backroom staff?

Do you agree

Guest Robkaz69

I thought Big Sam was Chairman of the League Association of Managers, not very professional if he has quit is job for another where the manager is still in place (Stuart Pearce)

Either way i would have Big Sam or Stuart Pearce as manger both would rebuild our defence and take no crap of Freddie

Guest redmayne

I thought Big Sam was Chairman of the League Association of Managers, not very professional if he has quit is job for another where the manager is still in place (Stuart Pearce)

Either way i would have Big Sam or Stuart Pearce as manger both would rebuild our defence and take no crap of Freddie

STUART PIERCE HERE???!?!?!?!?!

what the fuck?