Chris Coleman

Benwell Lad

Guest Redcar Mag
Terry Mac either grows his hair again or has to wear a wig and glasses.

Are you having a laugh?

Is he having a laugh?

Carver and Clarke are coaches rather than managers, as the expression putting the cones out, did Coleman ever coach on the training ground or did he manage the club and delegate the coaching?

Sorry I'm just not getting your point here? Ok then to put it another way, surely Clarke and Carver were the nearest you'd get to a number 2 then? Anyway, I'm not sure that their jobs as 'coaches' was as limited you describe. Also, Coleman, as manager, must be fully clued up about management and coaching I would have thought.  You merely getting hung up on job titles chap.

You on about Steve Clarke or Lee Clark?

Guest Redcar Mag

Carver and Clarke are coaches rather than managers, as the expression “putting the cones out”, did Coleman ever coach on the training ground or did he manage the club and delegate the coaching?

I think Steve Clarke would have a lot to offer from the coaching point of view. Whether he would come back up here is a different matter.

Roeder confirms Lee Clark is staying with him, fair enough.

Thank f*** for that! Experience in the lower leagues is vital for him at the moment, and not a job back here where he can rest on his laurels being a Geordie anarl

Totally agree.

Guest Mucky01

Carver and Clarke are coaches rather than managers, as the expression “putting the cones out”, did Coleman ever coach on the training ground or did he manage the club and delegate the coaching?

Sorry I'm just not getting your point here? Ok then to put it another way, surely Clarke and Carver were the nearest you'd get to a number 2 then? Anyway, I'm not sure that their jobs as 'coaches' was as limited you describe. Also, Coleman, as manager, must be fully clued up about management and coaching I would have thought.  You merely getting hung up on job titles chap.

There is a difference between being a coach who takes the training and a manager, Coleman has only been a manager, not a head coach – whats there not to understand, chap.

Coleman is a pisshead who's wife left him cause he was out all night on the ale and then he missed a press conference in Spain cause he'd been out all night. Surely not a great candidate for assistant. And wasn't his car accident something to do with drink as well? Don't want him anywhere near to be honest.

Massive allegations if you don't have the proof to back that up tbh.

Tbh I wouldn't be adverse to Coleman getting involved with us, hes a very driven character and a very stubborn one too. Not sure where that'd leave Pearson though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Been such a hectic few days, KK must be out of breath, he needs to relax right now and look at the situation from all angles, so give him.......well, 2 days or so for that  :razz:

coleman was well known as having a lot of ideas about football and being quite modern and innovative, mourinho highly rated him as did john toshack to the extent he recommended coleman for the sociedad job. i think he'd be the kind of assistant who would be full of suggestions and tips to make keegan think a bit more, rather than a yes man putting out the cones. think he'd rather look for a manager's job than an assistant's tho.

Thats not the top league in spain, though. Its like being 5ht in the championship.

Yep, would have been the equivalent of a young Spanish manager going to someone like Everton should they get relegated and only being 5th.

Everton?

I'd say more like Boro

I'd say going to a new country where you don't speak the language, with a group of players you are unfamiliar with and getting them up to fifth in the league is a hell of an achievement. Doesn't matter if it's not the top league in Spain.

They are pretty happy with him in Sociedad, took the team up the table and developed the youth system. Just fell out with the new owners as they had different ideas on who should play and what goes on...

Nothing toi do with drink!!

Thats not the top league in spain, though. Its like being 5ht in the championship.

I'm aware of that, thanks. But he was still doing well. I have contacts in Spain and they reckon he had won over the fans who were at first very unhappy about him being manager.

I think he is a promising manager and could prove to be a very valuable asset to the club. Who knows, he could be managing top teams in 10 years ...

Coleman would be a very astute recruitment by Keegan.  Experienced in PL. Knows Keegan well. Has managed well during his time in the PL with Fulham. 

And it's not like he is going to be #2 under for a small team or a low profile manager.  He would be signing on for the Newcastle Revolution and likely be given a large amount of responsibility with the first team.

I'd like to see him come in under Keegan.