Chris Coleman

Benwell Lad

Guest Sniffer

It's not just the money, it's spending it on the right players. And we don't do that and haven't under all of our managers.

Guest Reading Fan

I think the last thing we need right now is a manager who can only do well if he is given vast amounts of cash to spend every year.

Exactly, get Big Sam in and give him £5million for the summer budget.

Your current playing staff is good enough to finish 5th in the Prem with only marginal investment on your defence. If Big Sam can get you to 5th next season with your current side and a small budget this summer then he is the right man to back financially to make an assault the following summer and break into the top 4.

Sheppard keeps giving vast amounts of money to rubbish managers who squander it. Your current team has to be top 5. Make the next manager prove himself with your current team before opening the purse strings. You don't need any signings to climb the table next summer. There is more than enough talent in the side to do it.

• 1 month later...
Guest nufc_geordie

Chris Coleman is an excellent manager who did well under very testing conditions at Fulham. He wasn't backed by the board and was left to get on with it. A very good opportunity for him to develop as a coach and a manager and to make much needed contacts in the managerial world. Good luck to the guy.

Coleman has just been appointed Sociadad manager.

sucessive relegations for them then?

Considering he didn't get Fulham relegated with no backing and having to sell his best players, no.

I like the way people are saying good news for him when it's a league down.  :lol:

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Pleased for him, always liked him... Never had any cash at Fulham and always had to sell his best players - good luck to him!

Coleman has just been appointed Sociadad manager.

sucessive relegations for them then?

Considering he didn't get Fulham relegated with no backing and having to sell his best players, no.

I like the way people are saying good news for him when it's a league down.  :lol:

Good club, though, and a good challenge. Prefer that over the likes of Sheffield United, etc.

Guest Guinness

Wonder how the Spanish players will respond to his team talks? Before Fulham's match with Arsenal last season he drew a giant pair of balls on the tactics board and simply said "thats what I want today" :lol:

• 6 months later...
Guest Redcar Mag

Would I be right in saying he was signed for Fulham by Keegan and made captain?

Could be coincidence he's resigned today, or is he going to be part of Kev's coaching team?

Would I be right in saying he was signed for Fulham by Keegan and made captain?

Could be coincidence he's resigned today, or is he going to be part of Kev's coaching team?

Was that you just on BBC Radio Newcastle saying the same thing? :kasper: