Chris Coleman

Benwell Lad

Guest Ridzuan

Didnt expect him to resign so soon,well I was expecting him to be sack at least.But with the rumours that he might be Keegan's number two,it is not pleasing to hear about his resignation.I hope he will not join us in any role whatsoever.

What grates you about Coleman? I always thought he did exceptionally well at Fulham, they should have backed him more.

Must say he annoyed the piss out of me whenever we were linked to any of his players, but he always came across as a clued in young coach.

Guest smarty2006

Coleman as assistant might not be so bad?

He has the experience of the "modern" game that the Keegan knockers harp on about. I could see Keegan/Coleman working out.

.......But would obviously prefer Shearer though. O0

Guest nufc_geordie

What has Coleman ever done wrong. To be honest I think he has exceptional potential and always liked the way he tried to get Fulham playing. He did a great job of keeping them in the league when Al-Fayed wasn't forthcoming with any pennies.

Would love to see him in as a number two. What would be wrong with both him and Shearer working under Keegan? Surely that is just more experience from which Shearer can draw idea's.

I'm sure some people on here deliberately look for problems that are not there!

And the other point is the club president has changed and the new president said he didn't want Coleman. Why would he stay?

Guest Guinness

Coleman, like Shearer would be a good choice for assistant manager. He's got managerial experience and would certainly be aware of the situation surrounding players having only resigned yesterday.

Didnt expect him to resign so soon,well I was expecting him to be sack at least.But with the rumours that he might be Keegan's number two,it is not pleasing to hear about his resignation.I hope he will not join us in any role whatsoever.

and why exactly?

would he take a number 2 place? I'm pretty sure thats a bad career move for anyone...

I think its perfect for him, gets him back in this country and a foot in the door of a club he could only dream about managing.

would he take a number 2 place? I'm pretty sure thats a bad career move for anyone...

I think its perfect for him, gets him back in this country and a foot in the door of a club he could only dream about managing.

Unless you're Carlos Quieroz I think taking a number 2 job anywhere is a serious dent to your managerial career, it's like a step back, no?

Unless you're Carlos Quieroz I think taking a number 2 job anywhere is a serious dent to your managerial career, it's like a step back, no?

Its not a step back from having no job, or being unhappy managing a team in a foreign country, or never backed when do a good job at a club you love.

Depends on the person, but i think the excitement of what's going to happen is something Coleman as a manager will never experience unless he comes here.

I've always liked Coleman.  He's just the sort of straight talking, no bullshit character that would work well alongside Keegan.

I'd like to see it happen personally and believe that Coleman is a good motivator (not in the same way that Keegan is) but still he didn't do a bad job at Fulham.  I think he'll easily gain the respect of the players 1) because he did a decent job at Fulham 2) He knows what is required to operate in the EPL 3) It would be Keegan's appointment and in that I trust and 4) when was the last time the club had a decent number 2 with any sort of credentials?

I'd put Coleman above someone like John Carver or Steve Clarke anyday.

Guest Mucky01

Carver and Clarke are coaches rather than managers, as the expression “putting the cones out”, did Coleman ever coach on the training ground or did he manage the club and delegate the coaching?

Carver and Clarke are coaches rather than managers, as the expression putting the cones out, did Coleman ever coach on the training ground or did he manage the club and delegate the coaching?

Sorry I'm just not getting your point here? Ok then to put it another way, surely Clarke and Carver were the nearest you'd get to a number 2 then? Anyway, I'm not sure that their jobs as 'coaches' was as limited you describe. Also, Coleman, as manager, must be fully clued up about management and coaching I would have thought.  You merely getting hung up on job titles chap.