In preparation for the next manager

ToonTastic

Guest SLK

Van Gaal would be a good one...Hiddink if he decides he had enough with Russia...Though I wouldn't be unhappy if it was Sven or Sam...

Gerrard houllier is the perfect option for us and I do think we can attract him. He knows the premiership and he is a football brain. He can also modernize Newcastle and he has great contacts and would definately attract players to come here.

Other names I would consider

Van Gaal

T.Schaaf (Done wonders with Werder Bremen)

M. Laudrup (Would make us play attractive football)

Scolari

Big Sam will be a new Souness!!!!!!

Guest newcastle4life

after watching the way we tryed to play on monday night and on saturday. big sam is the expert on the long ball game would like to see him come and make it work for us.

Anyone wanna make a poll of possible managers.  #

which will entertain us, but of course we all know that freddy hasnt heard of most of them!!

personally.....Scolari  plz

:)

tbh not sure if he understands the english game enough tho.

I remember suggesting Hughes some months ago - and was told he'd not come because he's biding his time at Blackburn until the Old Trafford seat becomes available, which struck me as solid logic.

With Ferguson saying today he's going to stay around for a few more years, I began to wonder if Sparky was a realistic option?

But then I remembered he has built up a solid team at Blackburn, and what's more it's still a work-in-progress, which makes me think that him moving to St James' Park would be a sideways step at best.

I'd be more than happy for Big Sam to take over - I have faith that he can make us into a tough-to-beat team, moving in the same direction... He might not be in the Ancelotti or Ferguson mould, but he's possibly our best option at this juncture

Out of the obvious available candidates, only Sven has the right CV.

Makes no difference, in 12 Months time we'll have several hundred morons on here demanding his head when we win f*** all  :(

very true

As I said - Big Sam doesn't convince me as the man to take us forward significantly.

Juande Ramos for me

Tbf i dont think we are in a position to attract a manager like Ramos who is currently fighting Real and Barca for the league title, He said he wanted to manage in the Premiership 1 day but i imagine he would want to manage a team capable of winning things.

Where has this hatred of SA come from? It wasnt to long ago and Bolton were 2 points behind Arsenal fighting for a CHL place, Every thing i have read about SA and his attention to detail has been very impressive. His transfer dealings have been very impressive.

The only thing going against him is the style of football but from what i have seen they aint no where near as bad as the papers make out, The style aint much different from Liverpool and Chelsea. If we are winning im pretty sure fans will go home happy. People talking about the Keegan days and Newcastle the entertainers need to wake up and realise its 2007.

after watching the way we tryed to play on monday night and on saturday. big sam is the expert on the long ball game would like to see him come and make it work for us.

We have 0 players suited to a long ball game.

Alladyce - cant see him being a success here

Hughes - cant see him being a success here

S Eriksson - Only come for the money

I'd want Van Gaal, Koeman, Ramos, Mourinho. ie a TOP manager, not somebody who's biggest achievement is gettin into the top half.

Guest zombietoon

I think Houllier would do well here, he's got the right experience and contacts.

Alladyce - cant see him being a success here

Hughes - cant see him being a success here

S Eriksson - Only come for the money

I'd want Van Gaal, Koeman, Ramos, Mourinho. ie a TOP manager, not somebody who's biggest achievement is gettin into the top half.

Pretty much sums up my sentiments exactly.

I don't think there is a "hatred" for Sam...but I think someone described it on soccernet.com well - he just doesn't have the "factor x" that the top teams look for.  In my eyes appointing Sam would be like appointing Curbishley, Pardew or Harry Redknapp. They are decent or good managers - but not TOP managers.

I'm hoping for Ramos...but I'd be happy with SGE tbh

No one has yet asked the question, what will Fred do if Big Sam turns us down? I dread to think.

Simple - hire Coleman in August :rolleyes:

Okay, so that's the absolute worst case... But you're right to fear the future if (for one reason or another) Allardyce doesn't come. The list of realistic alternatives is disturbingly short.

From Geordie Messiah's uberpoll maybe half a dozen are realistic options - and maybe three or four of those realistic options would be utter disasters.

I hope Shepherd plays the media game a bit smarter this time though...

Ericksson's CV:

IFK Göteborg -Swedish Cup,League, Cup,UEFA Cup=treble in his first season as a coach of a big team

Benfica- 2 Portuguese titles,Portuguese Cup,runners-up in the UEFA Cup

AS Roma-Coppa Italia

Benfica-final of the Champions league(lost against Milan),League title

Sampdoria-Coppa Italia

Lazio- 2 Coppa Italia,European Cup Winners' Cup,Serie A title

Any of the others managers mentioned in this thread managed to win the trophies Errickson won?

Or any of the other managers managed to reach the final of the Champions league?