Allardyce supposedly as good as appointed - Happy or Disappointed?

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dunno, .

QED.

Not all i put though, was it.

So you think that because some pessimistic geordie t*** off the internet, who doens;t work in football, can't name a manager we could entice with £4-5m a year, that we should go for a fella like Allardyce???

You are the Fat Mans dream fan, mate. Just happy to put up with it, cos you've been so desensitised to by failure.

No, I just want to know who realistically a lower mid table side could attract who's won a shedload of trophies. You can't think of anyone despite saying it's what we need, I've suggest Eriksson and Houllier.

I said i think thats what we need (ish, they weren't my exact words), but i didn't say i did (or shoudl) know who. That wasn't the point.

Guest posadageordie

We should be able to attract plenty of good and ambitious managers. The reward for success with Newcastle is much bigger than with Madrid, where it's expected.

Righto, winning the league cup with Nufc is bigger than winning the CL with Real.

No wonder our fans are such a laughing stock coming out with shite like this, we're a plodding mid-table prem side in the far north that's won nowt for 50 years. The sooner people wake up and realise this instead of believing we are one of the top sides in Europe is the day the club settles down on an even keel and starts to move forward.

We should be able to attract plenty of good and ambitious managers. The reward for success with Newcastle is much bigger than with Madrid, where it's expected.

Righto, winning the league cup with Nufc is bigger than winning the CL with Real.

No wonder our fans are such a laughing stock coming out with shite like this, we're a plodding mid-table prem side in the far north that's won nowt for 50 years. The sooner people wake up and realise this instead of believing we are one of the top sides in Europe is the day the club settles down on an even keel and starts to move forward.

Is lowering expectations the way though?

Where did he say that?

I think his point is that we are an unpolished gem, and anyone who won something for us would rightly take ridiculous acclaim.

Guest posadageordie

No wonder our fans are such a laughing stock coming out with s**** like this, we're a plodding mid-table prem side in the far north that's won nowt for 50 years. The sooner people wake up and realise this instead of believing we are one of the top sides in Europe is the day the club settles down on an even keel and starts to move forward.

Is lowering expectations the way though?

Well it's a tricky one, but I just don't know what the expectations are based on other than crowd size really.

You contradict yourself.

We'll NEVER "move forward" if we accept mediocrity.

Where did he say that?

I think his point is that we are an unpolished gem, and anyone who won something for us would rightly take ridiculous acclaim.

Well why not take over at Gateshead? That'd be an even bigger achievement.

Excuse the sarcasm, but can anyone think of an example of a manager, who has the option of either staying at or joining a bigger club, deciding to join a smaller one because it's more of a challenge? It doesn't happen.

Where did he say that?

Excuse the sarcasm, but can anyone think of an example of a manager, who has the option of either staying at or joining a bigger club, deciding to join a smaller one because it's more of a challenge? It doesn't happen.

So we accept mediocrity forever, or do we, as a club, try to get someone better?

Where did he say that?

So we accept mediocrity forever, or do we, as a club, try to get someone better?

its a progression thing it wont happen over night, in an ideal world the next manager will take us to another level and stabilise it all. After all that once we are looking like a good option then you can think about attracting class to the club, right now like many have admitted we wont be pulling in world cup winning managers any time soon with the state we are in. It isnt being negative trying to find a manager that will improve the team but possibly wont be good enough to push us into title contenders in an ideal world they would but as we all know we arent living in fairy land .

adding on from that every manager has to start somewhere you cannot tell me that every sucessful manager has been an instant hit from when they got their badges, so with SA I could see us progressing and he could all prove us wrong and make us into trophy winners.

No, but Mourinho didn't have the chance to join Chelsea when he joined Porto, did he? We would be a perfect fit for an ambitious manager on his way up, but less so for a hugely merited manager who has worked at several top clubs. Ideally, we should go for young talent, not for celebrity. Unfortunately, that's both a huge risk and something totally alien to both FFS and most of the supporters.

Also, it would take several years to get Gateshead up to the Premier League, never mind the top four.

Where did he say that?

its a progression thing it wont happen over night, in an ideal world the next manager will take us to another level and stabilise it all. After all that once we are looking like a good option then you can think about attracting class to the club, right now like many have admitted we wont be pulling in world cup winning managers any time soon with the state we are in. It isnt being negative trying to find a manager that will improve the team but possibly wont be good enough to push us into title contenders in an ideal world they would but as we all know we arent living in fairy land .

I don't think anyone apart from that mental PArky thinks we'll be top 4 in a year, but i don't think Allardyce will do anything at all, beyond mid table.

Where did he say that?

I don't think anyone apart from that mental PArky thinks we'll be top 4 in a year, but i don't think Allardyce will do anything at all, beyond mid table.

Saying we can challenge for top four and BEING top 4 are different things. Is there something wrong with your reading skills?

Where did he say that?

Saying we can challenge for top four and BEING top 4 are different things. Is there something wrong with your reading skills?

Sorry, i mis-represented your - still absolutely insane - previous posts.

You think we'll be challenging for a top 4 spot, don't you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where did he say that?

You think we'll be challenging for a top 4 spot, don't you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess that's the differance between us. ;)

Where did he say that?

Yes, you are clearly a mental, i am realistic.

Challenging the top 4.... :) ......ah, thats gold, it really is. Thats geniunely making me smile, thank you.

On that happy note, i'm off, and your nurse will be round soon with your night time medication to make the delusions go away for a bit.

Where did he say that?

Challenging for top 4 is so hard yet Bolton, Spurs and Everton have all managed it over the last few years. One did it one missed out on the last game of the season. Yeah pretty much impossible. YOu're right. mackems.gif

:uglystupid2:

Where did he say that?

Challenging the top 4.... :) ......ah, thats gold, it really is. Thats geniunely making me smile, thank you.

On that happy note, i'm off, and your nurse will be round soon with your night time medication to make the delusions go away for a bit.

Is your posting style just based on insults or do you have actual arguments? :uglystupid2:

I think you said earlier SA would only manage mid table, perhaps the prozac is wearing off fella? :)

Where did he say that?

Is your posting style just based on insults or do you have actual arguments?

Little bit from column a, little bit from column b.

We will not be challenging for 4th next season, that is a nailed on certainty.

Our first team cannot be filled with Premiership-level players, it'll be impossible to buy enough to make this the case, and to get better than teams who will br in the 5th-8th positions.

Cheers.

Where did he say that?

We will not be challenging for 4th next season, that is a nailed on certainty. Assumption.

Our first team cannot be filled with Premiership-level players, it'll be impossible to buy enough to make this the case, and to get better than teams who will br in the 5th-8th positions. We finished 7th with a side run by Roeder which flirted with relegation. ;)

Cheers.

"Cheers"...Yeah that works. I'm sure in your head you've said all that needs saying. :lol:

I bet you're the type that never buys a lottery ticket. Just a guess. ;)

Where did he say that?

We will not be challenging for 4th next season, that is a nailed on certainty. Assumption.

Our first team cannot be filled with Premiership-level players, it'll be impossible to buy enough to make this the case, and to get better than teams who will br in the 5th-8th positions. We finished 7th with a side run by Roeder which flirted with relegation. ;)

Cheers.

"Cheers"...Yeah that works. I'm sure in your head you've said all that needs saying. :lol:

my assumption that we won't be challenging for 4th is a damned sight more realistic than yours that we will.

But, you keep up with your ideas thta we have a good enough squad (you probabky genuinely feel we are a "big club" as well, bless you), and keep your myopic view of the potential we have. If thats what keeps you happy and relatively stable, you go for it. Me, i choose a more realistic approach. But hey, thats just me, and my crazy pragmatic ways.

Where did he say that?

Cheers.

my assumption that we won't be challenging for 4th is a damned sight more realistic than yours that we will.

But, you keep up with your ideas thta we have a good enough squad (you probabky genuinely feel we are a "big club" as well, bless you), and keep your myopic view of the potential we have. If thats what keeps you happy and relatively stable, you go for it. Me, i choose a more realistic approach. But hey, thats just me, and my crazy pragmatic ways.

If you were an Everton supporter you'd look a right tit every 2 seasons.