Allardyce supposedly as good as appointed - Happy or Disappointed?

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Well people are just going to have to accept it because he's ours. Today's stories linking us with Sven and Houllier are just AO propaganda to back up Freddy Shepherd's claim that all the top managers want to manage Newcastle United and to appease those wanting the club to cover all options first.

I hope this turns out to be the normal scenario of you being wrong. ;)

Don't blame me, blame the bloke who has giving him the job ;)

Well people are just going to have to accept it because he's ours. Today's stories linking us with Sven and Houllier are just AO propaganda to back up Freddy Shepherd's claim that all the top managers want to manage Newcastle United and to appease those wanting the club to cover all options first.

Nah the Sven is interested, Agent was on SSN.

.....and we have spoken to Sven 3/4 weeks ago. He would be excellent as well.

I agree. Foreign anarl, which should shut a few people up until he fails and they all throw rotten eggs at Fred again.

I know peeople go on, but there isn't that much wrong a bit of intelligence and dilligence can't fix. :)

Oh I won't blame you for appointing him obviously.

However, after clamouring for Allardyce to be given the job I will think you're daft if Allardyce is fully backed, messes it up himself and you then slate the Board for making a poor appointment that you yourself would have made if it was your decision.

Guest Knightrider

Sven = Swedish Dalglish.

Ironically Sven is fond of things our last manager was criticised for, playing players out of position, playing players together despite every available evidence indicating it didn't work (for Parker and Butt read Gerrard and Lampard) and not doing anything to fix the glaringly obvious (for Roeder's failure to strengthen the defence read Sven's failure to use Cole (a former winger BTW) ahead of Bridge or vice versa (Bridge was also a former winger).

How about lacking balls?

Something Souness got stick for, for sticking with Shearer despite him being past it. Well for that read Sven's decision to take two crocks in Owen and Rooney to the World Cup and leaving Bent, Defoe and other capable players behind, basically going into the WC with only one fit striker, Peter Crouch.

Freddy Shepherd gets stick for his Shearer sycophancy, how about Sven's love affair with Beckham who one penalty against Argentina and a goal against Greece never performed in the big games for him... er like the entire England team.

And people think he'd be a success here?

First sign of trouble and he'd walk away, first sign of success and any club like a Chelsea sniffing and he'd be off, Sven isn't a loyal manager, there would be no building process at Newcastle or longevity.

No thanks, it would be a disaster, a nightmare. People talk about matches made in heaven, Sven and NUFC would be like an arranged marriage orchestrated by a radio station.

Guest Knightrider

Oh I won't blame you for appointing him obviously.

However, after clamouring for Allardyce to be given the job I will think you're daft if Allardyce is fully backed, messes it up himself and you then slate the Board for making a poor appointment that you yourself would have made if it was your decision.

To be honest, I wouldn't and you can hold me to that, not if they did absolutely everything they are required to do or what I require them to do anyway which is to keep out of the footy side, provide the funds, do as the manager says within reason (i.e not do away with the reserves on the request of the manager) and while BS goes about sorting the team out, they do the same with finances and such. Do that and he fails, they can't be blamed. Do that and there is actually a very good chance they will succeed and go someway to redeem themselves. I'd still like them out though even if that did happen, because long-term they will never be able to sustain anything as they've proven. Just my opinions though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sven = Swedish Dalglish.

Ironically Sven is fond of things our last manager was criticised for, playing players out of position, playing players together despite every available evidence indicating it didn't work (for Parker and Butt read Gerrard and Lampard) and not doing anything to fix the glaringly obvious (for Roeder's failure to strengthen the defence read Sven's failure to use Cole (a former winger BTW) ahead of Bridge or vice versa (Bridge was also a former winger).

How about lacking balls?

Something Souness got stick for, for sticking with Shearer despite him being past it. Well for that read Sven's decision to take two crocks in Owen and Rooney to the World Cup and leaving Bent, Defoe and other capable players behind, basically going into the WC with only one fit striker, Peter Crouch.

Freddy Shepherd gets stick for his Shearer phycophancy, how about Sven's love affair with Beckham who one penalty against Argentina and a goal against Greece never performed in the big games for him... er like the entire England team.

And people think he'd be a success here?

First sign of trouble and he'd walk away, first sign of success and any club like a Chelsea sniffing and he'd be off, Sven isn't a loyal manager, there would be no building process at Newcastle or longevity.

No thanks, it would be a disaster, a nightmare. People talk about matches made in heaven, Sven and NUFC would be like an arranged marriage orchestrated by a radio station.

Houllier=french Ranieri

Houllier won a lot of trophies at a time where the league was much closer and only one stand out team (manu). He won the UEFA cup at a time when there were few good teams in the competition.

His buying was average and we cannot afford to make anymore expensive mistakes in the transfer market. His teams were built on a solid Liverpool base including Owen, Gerrard, Fowler. Was he the one who brought Heskey?

He is 59, not saying it is old but definately the wrong side of the hill.

I am convinced NUFC needs an England manager at the moment and they do not come any better than big sam

Guest sicko2ndbest

SBR was a great success at NUFC we got him in his late sixties nothing wrong with managers being old/wrong side of the hill

Geordie legend

Not sure Houllier would command the same respect

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article1769418.ece

Shepherd has thrashed out a six-figure compensation package with Phil Gartside, his opposite number at the Reebok Stadium.

Deal looks as good as done.

Speaking of compensation packages. If some other club decides to appoint Roeder as their new manager, will we get compensated?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article1769418.ece

Shepherd has thrashed out a six-figure compensation package with Phil Gartside, his opposite number at the Reebok Stadium.

Speaking of compensation packages. If some other club decides to appoint Roeder as their new manager, will we get compensated?

I highly doubt it, the only reason we have to pay compo for Big Sam is because Gartside said he wouldn't accept his resignation unless he signed a contract stopping him from going straight to another club.

Guest Toon83

Allardyce looks nailed on as far as im concerned.

Now we just need to get him in to stop all this needless speculation, about other managers and let him get on with the job.

Also, when Allardyce does come in i expect alot of things to be done behind the scenes very quietly and because of this i expect Alan Oliver and his 'exclusives' to dry up.

Allardyce always does his transfer business quietly with the exception of Anelka.

Guest Knightrider

Been done ages ago, the moment we were being linked with Sol Campbell despite all of Roeder's patter about why he never signed him back in the summer, was what first made me sit up and wonder whether someone else other than Roeder was writing the summer transfer wishlist, it appears that man was Big Sam.

Guest Knightrider

I think it's great that after being linked with Eriksson & Houllier, I'm actually slightly disappointed it's Allardyce. This time last week when he resigned from Bolton I was desperate for him! :lol:

Fickle bastard ;)

BTW your independent thing goes in on Saturday, don't forget to frame it ;)

I think it's great that after being linked with Eriksson & Houllier, I'm actually slightly disappointed it's Allardyce. This time last week when he resigned from Bolton I was desperate for him! :lol:

Fickle b****** ;)

BTW your independent thing goes in on Saturday, don't forget to frame it ;)

:lol:

Nah I'm not disappointed with Allardyce, think he's a great appointment. Just after the last days stories of Sven & Houllier I was hoping for even better.

Guest Knightrider

I caught a quick glance of the Ronnie headlines plastered on the wall of a paper shop earlier today which mentioned "more top names throw hat into Toon ring" or something to that affect and I thought wow, Hitzfeld finally must have reached the end of the dossier, so spare a thought for me :D

we'll need to pay THEM.

same here, allardyce is fine but Houllier and Sven are a different class.

I genuinely don't want Allardyce. I'm not getting all of the stuff about him being this phenomenal manager, and a guaranteed success, just can't see that.

I'll no doubt be proven wrong - unlike i was with Souness and Roeder - and that'll be a good thing .

But Allardyce doesn't fill me with any confidence at all about the future.

I genuinely don't want Allardyce. I'm not getting all of the stuff about him being this phenomenal manager, and a guaranteed success, just can't see that.

I'll no doubt be proven wrong - unlike i was with Souness and Roeder - and that'll be a good thing .

Who said that? :icon_scratch:

Who said that? :icon_scratch:

Its inferred. People saying he's perfect, will get the best out of players, do this, do that.

All i'm saying is that i don;'t see anything to get excited about with Allardyce (and for fucks sake can we stop the "Big Sam" thing, its embarassing and more than a bit gay), just a solid, dull, physical, very much mid table team.