What positon would you be satisfied with next season

TRC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surely it is hard to measure satisfaction purely on league position?

I mean, what if you had put together a decent squad, with a mix of promising youngsters and experienced players, and things only really started to gel towards the end of the season, meaning that though you might finish 14th or something, you were much more optimistic about the season after? In that case, it would be about progress within the club rather than in the league.

Look at Bolton, for example, on paper their high league finish is very promising. In reality, having lost their talismanic manager, they'll be many people's tip for the drop next season, suggesting that their league position doesn't really say a lot for their future.

Guest Magpiecn

I'll be satisfied with top10,but I dont think why we cant be in top8 or even top6 next season.SA is a good manager,and our team is not bad even at present.

With no Europe next season we already have a big advantage over the other clubs in the Uefa cup, we've seen how much of a drain it is having to play an extra 10 games.

Uefa cup qualification should be our aim.

Guest SeattleToon

Based on our talent, there is absolutely no reason that we should finish lower than 5th. Aside from the big four, we have just as much talent as any other club in the league, and we are arguably better than Spurs given that we did the double over them this year.

I've always been of the opinion that teams should always aim higher than what their fans expect. That way if sam comes in and rattles it into the players we can get into the champions league, when we fall short and into the uefa cup the seaon can be a big success.

Like most people say improvements in defence and all round organisation will do me. We aint a million miles off UEFA cup as it is so i voted for it.

I can't believe people would be happy with a top 10 finish, thats just 3 more victories than this season or 49 points. 49 points in a season ffs, that's awful.

We're looking at overhauling the entire structure of the club this summer. Massive changes to both the playing and coaching staff.

Next season I expect we'll draw a lot of games. We'll be hard to beat but may struggle at times to click going forward.

Top half of the table will do me, pushing for Europe will be a bonus and we should be capable of it.

But I'll have a lot more patience under Allardyce as I feel we'll be able to see what he's trying to achieve, whereas with Souness and Roeder you never got the sense there was any long term plan in place.

Patience is key, though tbh I will be disappointed if we end up in the bottom half.

Based on our talent, there is absolutely no reason that we should finish lower than 5th. Aside from the big four, we have just as much talent as any other club in the league, and we are arguably better than Spurs given that we did the double over them this year.

I strongly disagree. See the hundreds of threads in the past complaining about your defence for evidence of this. See also the "clear out" thread.

Like it or not, Spurs have a much stronger squad. Having beaten them twice means nothing, really.

Depends who is in charge. If its SA, i EXPECT 10th. (and a load of excuses from him and his defenders).

What we'll accept isn't relevant, we can't exactly keep the receipt and take back your "being a fan" (unless you're not from Newcastle), and can go and support someone else as you see fit