Newcastle and N'Zogbia in dispute

Guest Alan_Shearer

Guest Alan_Shearer

From BBC:

Charles N'Zogbia's Newcastle career is in doubt after he was excluded from the squad to face Watford on Sunday.

The midfielder is reported to have stormed out of Vicarage Road after being named on the substitute's bench.

Magpies caretaker-boss Nigel Pearson said: "He was originally on the bench, but he did not really want to be there.

"I have no idea whether he stayed at the ground to watch the game. Will there be disciplinary action? That is something for next week."

Pearson added: "You can make your own judgements about it, but it is very important that everyone associated with the club acts in a professional manner."

Holy moly...

Guest BooBoo

Roeder treat him badly but a player with a better attitude would have got his head down and busted a gut in training to show his desire. Instead he sulked, culminating in todays hissy fit. Who does he think he is?

Roeder treat him badly but a player with a better attitude would have got his head down and busted a gut in training to show his desire. Instead he sulked, culminating in todays hissy fit. Who does he think he is?

True, Milner had more reasons to be pissed off but he got his head down and worked hard.

Can fuck off. No player is bigger than the club.

True, but also he has been taken for a ride this year, pathetic. Typical of this club. Can't blame Zoggy.

Yep, Milner was treated a hell of a lot worse imo but got his head down, worked his arse off and has been one of our best players this season. Perfect example of how to be mature and go about things the right way.

Someone who thinks he's a tad better than Pattison?  :lol:

Roeder and Pearson have done EVERYTHING not to pick the lad, it's basically been victimisation.

Why, I've no idea, because this didn't start today, this started last summer when they signed the Irish waster, when there was zero talk of any attitude problem.

N'Zogbia's out of order today, fair enough, but this has been coming, and brought on by a manager and his lackey's vendetta (remind anyone of anything?). You cannot justify picking anyone, never mind last season's shining star, behind Matty Pattison, it's an impossibility.

Can f*** off. No player is bigger than the club.

True, but also he has been taken for a ride this year, pathetic. Typical of this club. Can't blame Zoggy.

I think you can actually. A few good games last season doesn't give you a God-given right to be on the first team, and based on this season's form Duff might actually be better than the Zog.

Yes, Roeder and Pearson have been freezing him out of the team lately, but that's probably because he's been displaying attitude issues in training. He got some chances in the early season, and when he did he was s***.

In two minds about all this. I wasn't happy at all about his treatment, but he shouldn't react in this way.

What is pretty much confirmed though imo is his career here is all but over, which is shit given his promising burst onto the scene. :(

There's storming out, and there's storming out though. In this case I can fully understand why he has, even though ultimately it isn't the best way of doing things. But as junkhead said, we'll get a new man in who hopefully won't be a total idiot.

There must be a reason why he is being left out though. It is easier to side with the prospect who looked very exciting last year but I don't think he is being left out because he is being victimised. There must be more to it.

Can f*** off. No player is bigger than the club.

I think you can. I'm a big fan of Zogs and I can understand he was pissed off, I was pissed off he was left on the bench, he clearly just wants to proove himself. But you can't go around acting like a 10 year old and expect people to respect you. I hope this is all resolved by Allardyce for next season, its a bit of a waste otherwise.

He was good until he was injured for 4 months in what... mid November? Was shit after he returned though

Yep. And he's not started one single game since his injury, nor played in his own position. Easier to call him shit and a moody Frog though.

Guest BooBoo

Im afriad i think Zoggy has had his head turned by the Arsenal talk and just wants to get out of Town, no matter who the new boss is.

What happens if Allardyce comes in, asseses N'Zogbia and decides he doesn't like what he is seeing? Does this mean Allardyce is instantly disliked because he is trying to get rip of the superstar?

He's been chronically mismanaged this season. He's arguably our most talented and gifted young player and he's been treated like something Roeder has scraped off his shoe. Can't condone him storming out but can totally understand his frustration with the pricks who've allegedly been running the show this year.

Guest LUKASJJ

Sure he cud have been a good player for us but he can go in my opinion. We cant afford any more big tim Charlies and dont think big sam wouold take it either.