Allardyce confirmed as Newcastle manager - 3 year deal.

Paully

http://www.nufc.co.uk

Sam Says: Chairman's Passion Swung It For Me

SAM Allardyce says a meeting with chairman Freddy Shepherd convinced him to take the managerial job at Newcastle United.

Big Sam landed on Tyneside on Tuesday morning and was due to be unveiled at a Press conference at St. James' Park at 1pm, having signed a three-year contract.

Speaking as he arrived at Gallowgate, he said: "Once Freddy Shepherd make it clear he wanted me then there was no doubt where I would be going.

"After leaving Bolton Wanderers last week I was expecting a longer rest but once Freddy opened that door I was in.

"When I met Freddy I could feel his passion for Newcastle United. He is a passionate supporter and it's well known throughout football that he has always supported his managers.

"Now it is up to everyone from Freddy down to me the players and even the tea lady to give these fans the success they deserve.

"I suppose this is the greatest challenge I have ever had.

"But it is one I am excited about and one I am looking forward to. It's no secret that what has happened in the past is not good enough for a club as big as Newcastle United and it is now my job to change all that."

Sam was due to meet the United squad and staff on Tuesday morning, and insisted: "Everyone starts with a clean sheet."

we have just done our best bit of business in years.

congratulations to the board on getting it right.

delighted

Absolutely spot on.

This is the most optimistic I've felt about a new manager since Sir Bobby, and that was a long time ago now!

Agreed, i hope this turns out like it should, we fuking deserve it, we've put up with enough crap the last 3 seasons, time to smile again and be proud of our club?

I hope so, i think so, can't wait until next season to find out.

http://www.nufc.co.uk

Sam Says: Chairman's Passion Swung It For Me

SAM Allardyce says a meeting with chairman Freddy Shepherd convinced him to take the managerial job at Newcastle United.

Big Sam landed on Tyneside on Tuesday morning and was due to be unveiled at a Press conference at St. James' Park at 1pm, having signed a three-year contract.

Speaking as he arrived at Gallowgate, he said: "Once Freddy Shepherd make it clear he wanted me then there was no doubt where I would be going.

"After leaving Bolton Wanderers last week I was expecting a longer rest but once Freddy opened that door I was in.

"When I met Freddy I could feel his passion for Newcastle United. He is a passionate supporter and it's well known throughout football that he has always supported his managers.

"Now it is up to everyone from Freddy down to me the players and even the tea lady to give these fans the success they deserve.

"I suppose this is the greatest challenge I have ever had.

"But it is one I am excited about and one I am looking forward to. It's no secret that what has happened in the past is not good enough for a club as big as Newcastle United and it is now my job to change all that."

Sam was due to meet the United squad and staff on Tuesday morning, and insisted: "Everyone starts with a clean sheet."

Can we please make sure we link to anything like this please.

Even by just his few comments I think he is going to be a good thing for this club. He will unite this club and make us a strong club.

I am as excited as I was when keegan came in and thats saying a lot

Summary of what he's said so far:

He wants Owen to stay, and will be talking to him in private shortly.

He doesn't want good players, he wants players with the right mentality.

Gary Speed is his best ever signing.

Shepherd persuaded him to come here.

Long ball comments are a myth.

He doesn't want the England job.

Said where?

ive got a good feeling i think he can change alot at the club im very happy

same here, gonna be a really interesting summer! im actually excited about football for the first time in ages!

Said where?

On several articles on .cock

Guest Phil K

Well, lets all get behind him and hope he kicks out the £££££ parasites and gets in players willing to earn the ludiucrous amounts of cash they're paid.

Nice to see Nicky Butt actually saying what a lot of us had suspected was actually VERY true.

Suddenly we have leadership again.

While I feel a little sorry for Glenn, he is NOT, nor ever will be, a Premiership standard manager. He is a Div 1 manager at best, and an academy-standard coach in reality. Sam needs to boot out many, and say WHY they are being booted out - and start bringing in players who will give to the same level as the fans give for their club. The present bunch are comprised of a hefty percentage of greedy, lazy, self-interested, unprofessional, egotistical, swell-headed (for no reason) pack of non-grafters we've had for some time.

Guest Guinness

we have just done our best bit of business in years.

congratulations to the board on getting it right.

delighted

Agreed, I'd forgotten what optimism felt like until today ;)

Guest andynufc84

Say again?