Unofficial: Sam's top 3 targets for Newcastle.

Parky

surely we can get a better striker than Anelka for 10 million.

Mccarthy and Huntelaar spring to mind.

Reality check - neither of whom are going to join a club which isn't playing in the CL. As Gejon just said, as I've just noticed whilst typing, but hey ho, I'll say it anyway.

Oh, and Anelka and Barton in the same team? Moody overload.

Reality check - neither of whom are going to join a club which isn't playing in the CL. As Gejon just said, as I've just noticed whilst typing, but hey ho, I'll say it anyway.

Were Barton and Anelka both at City together or had Anelka already left?

Were Barton and Anelka both at City together or had Anelka already left?

Played together for quite a while. Barton came into the side in '03, Anelka left January '05.

Guest gggg

Huntelaar isnt that good ffs, cant see any of the top 4 going in for him and he wont have had Champions League football for 2 years. It was rumoured he was going to AZ earlier in the season.

Spurs, Villa or even us could sign him with a bit of persuading ($$$).

Huntelaar isnt that good ffs, cant see any of the top 4 going in for him and he wont have had Champions League football for 2 years. It was rumoured he was going to AZ earlier in the season.

Barca have been after him this season. Wouldnt suprise me if he goes there with Gudjohnsen leaving

Guest dover

anelka and owen played together for a short time for liverpool, and were looking great as a partnership, both of them coming out in the press raving about the partnership b4 houllier ditched anelka, getting anelka in at the right price might be a big sam masterpiece, and tempt owen to stay for another season, and in all honesty that sort of partnership with a decent back four is the best hope of a top six finish for us...

I bet he ends at a bigger club than us, Villa or Spurs.

Huntelaar would be a great signing, radically different to what we have, still reasonably raw, but 90% certain to go to a better shaped club than here. You never know.

Gudjohnsen would be the best bet, would be the missing link in the midfield or an effective partner for Martins or Owen.

Would be my number one pick for the summer if we can get him.

Ahem!! WE NEED DEFENDERS!!

Two of campbell (1-2m), Ben Haim (free) and Distan (free) for CB. Then Wayne Bridge or ??? for LB (3-4m). Micah Richards i'd be willing to spend alot of money on 6-10m+ on, although very doubfull we'd get him (as imo he could well become world class), if not then someone like Luke Young would be good imo.

We don't really need anyone in attack or midfield unless we lose players, although Tuncay, Appaih or Sidwell on a free Transfer is a bit of a no-brainer really to boost the squad.  So ok if we lose Martins or Owen,  then replace with the money we recieve for them - Anelka 8-10m or even better Tuncay (free).   Similar with Parker and Emre replace if we need to, although i'd be happy to keep quality such as them. Kingston sounds good but i have no idea what he's like if he's cheap and good then why not?

Its going to be very tough though as Villa, spurs etc etc will all have money to spend too.

Two of campbell (1-2m), Ben Haim (free) and Distan (free) for CB. Then Wayne Bridge or ??? for LB (3-4m). Micah Richards i'd be willing to spend alot of money on 6-10m+ on (as imo he could well become world class) if not then someone like Luke Young would be good imo.

We don't really need anyone in attack or midfield unless we lose players, although Tuncay and/or Sidwell on a free Transfer is a bit of a no-brainer really to boost the squad.  So ok if we lose Martins or Owen,  then replace with the money we recieve for them - Anelka 8-10m or even better Tuncay (free).   Similar with Parker and Emre replace if we need to, although i'd be happy to keep quality such as them.

Its going to be very tough though as Villa, spurs etc etc will all have money to spend too.

Yeah you're right mate...Sam must be clueless.. :lol:

Two of campbell (1-2m), Ben Haim (free) and Distan (free) for CB. Then Wayne Bridge or ??? for LB (3-4m). Micah Richards i'd be willing to spend alot of money on 6-10m+ on (as imo he could well become world class) if not then someone like Luke Young would be good imo.

We don't really need anyone in attack or midfield unless we lose players, although Tuncay and/or Sidwell on a free Transfer is a bit of a no-brainer really to boost the squad.  So ok if we lose Martins or Owen,  then replace with the money we recieve for them - Anelka 8-10m or even better Tuncay (free).   Similar with Parker and Emre replace if we need to, although i'd be happy to keep quality such as them.

Because thats clearly what i said/meant?? ....... (heavy sarcasim)

The article/rumour maybe complete crap + I wasn't even reffering to Sam, i was reffering to other posters!

Appology??     :knuppel2:  :razz:

Because thats exactly what i said ....... (sarcasim)

The article/rumour maybe complete crap + I wasn't reffering to Sam, i was reffering to other posters!

Appology??    :lol:

There are no other posters they are all figments of your subconscious. :o

The article/rumour maybe complete crap + I wasn't reffering to Sam, i was reffering to other posters!

errrrr...........if you say so mate.... why don't you have a nice rest....and lay off the tablets.  :lol:

errrrr...........if you say so mate.... why don't you have a nice rest....and lay off the tablets.   :lol:

If you understood what I said you'd realise that I'm not here. :)

Btw I wouldn't keep Parker or Emre.

Lareya Kingston, Kevin Nolan and Nicolas Anelka.

Sam has been tracking Kingston for over a year and was very keen to get him to Bolton. An aggressive left sided /CM no- nonsene midfielder with pace and determination is highly admired by SA. The Ghanian international is very much a SA type player. Also plays in the middle.

It is nailed on we will make an offer for Kevin Nolan in the summer. IMO would be a great addition.

Anelka is a world class forward and the first on the list in the event of the departure of Owen or Martins. Said to be wanting to move on and strong rumours of £10m offer on the table from Juventus. In the past Nicolas has shown a strong desire to play for Newcastle when he came back from Turkey and ended up at Bolton. Top player and Sam seems to have his ear.

and not a defender among them, its unofficial alreet!

Lareya Kingston, Kevin Nolan and Nicolas Anelka.

Sam has been tracking Kingston for over a year and was very keen to get him to Bolton. An aggressive left sided /CM no- nonsene midfielder with pace and determination is highly admired by SA. The Ghanian international is very much a SA type player. Also plays in the middle.

It is nailed on we will make an offer for Kevin Nolan in the summer. IMO would be a great addition.

Anelka is a world class forward and the first on the list in the event of the departure of Owen or Martins. Said to be wanting to move on and strong rumours of £10m offer on the table from Juventus. In the past Nicolas has shown a strong desire to play for Newcastle when he came back from Turkey and ended up at Bolton. Top player and Sam seems to have his ear.

and not a defender among them, its unofficial alreet!

mackems.gif

Haven't you got antiques to polish? :tongue:

errrrr...........if you say so mate.... why don't you have a nice rest....and lay off the tablets.   :lol:

Disagree, imo Parker and Emre are both top quality players, however doughnuts like Roeder trying to make parker into an attacking Gerrard type whilst playing Emre defensively was unbelivably poor judgement imo. I'd like to see how Big Sam plays them. I expect BS may well bring in another attacking Midfielder (perhaps this kingston, the swiss player or someone else) as competition for Emre and keep parker and Butt for the more defensive roles. Of course if Parker or Emre wants out then replace them but players of their quality i'd preffer to keep and work with.

Disagree, imo Parker and Emre are both top quality players, however doughnuts like Roeder trying to make parker into an attacking Gerrard type whilst playing Emre defensively was unbelivably poor judgement imo. I'd like to see how Big Sam plays them. I expect BS may well bring in another attacking Midfielder (perhaps this kingston, the swiss player or someone else) as competition for Emre and keep parker and Butt for the more defensive roles. Of course if Parker or Emre wants out then replace them but players of their quality i'd preffer to keep and work with.

I'm a strong supporter of Emre...Mmmm see how it goes. We play better with him in the side, just don't see him fitting in with the kind of mf Sam normally fancies.

Parker is a lost cause and wants out apparently.

Micah Richards for £6-10m no chance, he could get a better club than us and he would cost more than £6-10m.

I Agree its unlikely as he's probably Chelski bound. But we should try imo. I'd be delighted 'IF' we did manage to get him. I'd maybe stretch to 12m but i don't think we can afford to splash anymore than that on one player even though he'd probably make a huge difference to us if kept fit/playing well.

I'm a strong supporter of Emre...Mmmm see how it goes. We play better with him in the side, just don't see him fitting in with the kind of mf Sam normally fancies.

Parker is a lost cause and wants out apparently.

Shame as thought Parker might be a Big Sam type of player and i think played properly in the defensive mid role he could be fantastic, how reliable is this apparently source?

You might be right with Emre, i'm a fan too, classy little player, shame if he can't fit him in, we'll see soon enough i suppose.

As always, its nothing but heresay (pure and simple).

We haven't a fucking clue who will be coming in, or who SA wants.

Lets not forget the "Sidwell nailed on for the toon" and "Roeder will 100% be in charge in August" bollocks. Much as i love the internet's ability to get full of shite written by fools, trying to pretned that we know about who a manager wants when the fella has been inside SJP for about an hour, and is pretty savvy in his dealings, is a joke.

Fair enough say who you want and why, but going on like nay of us have some kind of inside line is comedy at best.

Barca have been after him this season. Wouldnt suprise me if he goes there with Gudjohnsen leaving

No problem. Welcome Eidur.