nufc.com

lovejoy

Guest float one in

They didn't just mention the Mail and that 'comedy' piece. Like I said, I agree with them but they're still hypocrites.

I don't think they're being hypocritical - when they said they weren't for Dennis Wise getting the job they were expressing their opinion as Newcastle supporters, which they are entitled to do, especially as it's their site. This thing they've written today is expressing their opinion on how the media have been behaving towards us as a club, and deliberately trying to stir up trouble. ie speculating that Keegan isn't happy about Wise, the players aren't happy with Keegan, etc etc. nufc.com haven't, as far as I can see, been trying to stir up trouble so I don't see how they are being hypocritical.

The point is, they are allowed to say whatever they want because they are supporters and its their website. If they were deliberately trying to manipulate people to fit in with an agenda of their own (like certain parts of the media undoubtedly have been doing) then I would have a problem with them. But they're not. If you don't like their opinions don't visit the site. I will stick up for them when people complain because I've been reading their site pretty much from the day I first used the internet about 7 years ago and I reckon we as NUFC supporters are lucky to have such a great site.

To an extent I can see where you're coming from - when I read what they said about Wise I thought alot of people reading it, who didn't previously have a strong opinion of Wise, might all of a sudden start hating him (in the same way some people get their opinions from TV and papers), which wouldn't help the situation, but it's not Niall or Biffa's fault if people are like that, is it. I thought the same when they were less than thrilled about Allardyce when the news broke he'd signed. Again, they are perfectly entitled to voice their opinions.

Guest jcricthon

It seems to me that the Nial & Biffa sloggers have a problem themselves. If you can tell me that you read everything on offer about NUFC and listen to everybody's differing opinions and then come to your own conclusion then fair enough, and of course this is exactly what a forum is about...voicing your opinion. But reading some posts on this particular thread most anti - NUFC.com comments are narrow minded and childish slander.

There's alot of rubbish out there about our club...by our own fans, but then theres alot of rubbish about everything. Just look at our official site. Whats the point in The Journal (yesterdays news today) apart from a different opinion from a different angle? Whats the point in NUFC.co.uk apart from the one place where all you can read about our club is positive statements which perk you up after a dreadful Saturday?

Let the lads have their say, its not all agreeable to everyone but its bleeding passionate and heart-felt which everyone can relate to, even if nots the articles themselves.

Its kept up to date, theres alot of time and effort put into it and its bloody honest. I think it mirrors our support, our club and our city brilliantly....lets not detriment all of that by slandering ourselves eh?!

We will rise again. Individuals win nothing, teams win everything.....fans included! Lets stick together!

Guest float one in

It seems to me that the Nial & Biffa sloggers have a problem themselves. If you can tell me that you read everything on offer about NUFC and listen to everybody's differing opinions and then come to your own conclusion then fair enough, and of course this is exactly what a forum is about...voicing your opinion. But reading some posts on this particular thread most anti - NUFC.com comments are narrow minded and childish slander.

There's alot of rubbish out there about our club...by our own fans, but then theres alot of rubbish about everything. Just look at our official site. Whats the point in The Journal (yesterdays news today) apart from a different opinion from a different angle? Whats the point in NUFC.co.uk apart from the one place where all you can read about our club is positive statements which perk you up after a dreadful Saturday?

Let the lads have their say, its not all agreeable to everyone but its bleeding passionate and heart-felt which everyone can relate to, even if nots the articles themselves.

Its kept up to date, theres alot of time and effort put into it and its bloody honest. I think it mirrors our support, our club and our city brilliantly....lets not detriment all of that by slandering ourselves eh?!

We will rise again. Individuals win nothing, teams win everything.....fans included! Lets stick together!

:clap: Enjoyed reading that.

Guest elbee909

It's okay for nufc.com to have a go or say whatever, sure; they're supporters, and it's their website and they're entitled to their view.  If you don't like it you don't have to read it.  Absolutely.

By the same token though anyone here can have a go at them, because they're also supporters and it's just their viewpoint which they're perfectly entitled to.  You don't have to read criticism of nufc.com if you don't want to.

I agree with them on this un,im growing increasingly frustrated at the amount of shit printed by the papers and people who know fuck all about the club.

I always find nufc.com to be pretty fair and accurate with their articles and sometimes find it a bit of a suprise to see the amount of shit flicked their way.

I agree with them on this un,im growing increasingly frustrated at the amount of s*** printed by the papers and people who know f*** all about the club.

I always find nufc.com to be pretty fair and accurate with their articles and sometimes find it a bit of a suprise to see the amount of s*** flicked their way.

Agreed.  I dont always buy into their thoughts but on the current views about bs stories in the outside press I'm with them.  I dont buy any of the garbage papers and would rather read on line if needs be.  Maybe if they weren't selling papers in Newcastle a message may sink home.  They know nowt and this is a time for us to stick together through the sh!t flinging and prove the overpaid southern numpties wrong.

The papers print shit about everyone, tbh.

Biffa and Niall really do seem to be sacred cows to some people. I don't know about anyone else, but after the Keegan appointment, I checked NUFC.com to see if the uberfans gave me permission to be pleased about it.

Permission granted. Phew.

Biffa and Niall really do seem to be sacred cows to some people. I don't know about anyone else, but after the Keegan appointment, I checked NUFC.com to see if the uberfans gave me permission to be pleased about it.

I don't know if this is intentional, but you come across as a really bitter fan...the type that has also tried to run their own nufc-related website and fail to have the same popularity. That, or you personally know one of them and don't like them??

When you consider that it's just two blokes who run the website, it's a pretty well updated site with most of the important stats from the club's history. From a personal point of view, I enjoy their NUFC-commentary and opinion pieces (waffle, etc) as it makes a refreshing change to read some considered thoughts from other fans, as opposed to the chronicle-inspired drivel that permeates the bars and pubs in town.

I don't know if this is intentional, but you come across as a really bitter fan...the type that has also tried to run their own nufc-related website and fail to have the same popularity. That, or you personally know one of them and don't like them??

When you consider that it's just two blokes who run the website, it's a pretty well updated site with most of the important stats from the club's history. From a personal point of view, I enjoy their NUFC-commentary and opinion pieces (waffle, etc) as it makes a refreshing change to read some considered thoughts from other fans, as opposed to the chronicle-inspired drivel that permeates the bars and pubs in town.

I also don't like tinned peaches. No, I didn't have an ailing canned fruit concern, nor do I have a personal vendetta with the man from Del Monte.

Don't see why their acolytes are getting their knickers in a twist. I doubt Biffa and Niall would be too upset that one person didn't like their website.

I also don't like tinned peaches. No, I didn't have an ailing canned fruit concern, nor do I have a personal vendetta with the man from Del Monte.

aye, but you also didn't write so much about him...

aye, but you also didn't write so much about him...

You'd think I was sending them daily hate mail written in blood, you drama queen.

To some, anything other than unquestioning worship is perceived as hatred. Sorry if when I was first told to hate Allardyce, to love him and then to hate him again, I chose to decide for myself.

Nail on the head mate.  I don't agree with them all of the time, what would be the point in that? All I know is that NUFC.com is something that I would find it hard to live without.

Sacred cows? Biggest sacred cow around here is Keegan, tbh.

Sacred cows? Biggest sacred cow around here is Keegan, tbh.

Definately. But he's done more than write a few match reports to win my devotion.

First port of call for me is nufc.com - I think they're unrivalled.  I've disagreed with somethings they've written but so what

SSR, NUFC.com have neither supported Keegan coming or slagged it off.  So god knows what you have read. Thye have rightly attacked the template, cut and paste journalism that makes up about 90% of what is written about the team. They are fans, you don't have to agree with what is written, if you don't agree then don't read it!

SSR, NUFC.com have neither supported Keegan coming or slagged it off.  So god knows what you have read. Thye have rightly attacked the template, cut and paste journalism that makes up about 90% of what is written about the team. They are fans, you don't have to agree with what is written, if you don't agree then don't read it!

Just curious, how is he suppose to agree/disagree with something they've written if he hasn't read it?

Just curious, how is he suppose to agree/disagree with something they've written if he hasn't read it?

Was wondering that as well! lol

maybe you should do that with this thread, seeing as its pretty much the only one you post in! O0

Egregious, egregious!:

Sam plays blame game

In amongst the acres of guff that came from former boss Sam Allardyce as he pontificated to the nation via Sky TV on Sunday, the following extract did stand out rather:

“Is the job too big? That’s an absolute load of rubbish. A job of that size is about the size of the fans, not the club internally. I don’t think the fans didn’t like me. I think they did like me, but it was the agitators that were the problem, the Press and one or two of the ex-players.

“All the managers say the same that I’ve spoken to. Not just Graeme Souness, but Bobby Robson, Kenny Dalglish, even Ruud Gullit. They said it was a particular problem and it’s still there.’’

Just who could Sam be referring to? We wonder if there's any mileage in asking a club insider to reveal all, although those reports could be wide of the mark, which wouldn't surprise us. Exclusively.

Afraid I've gotten a bit of a whoosh off of that one.  Are they implying that Sam was indirectly talking about them, or what?  Anyone care to enlighten me?

If one knows, such as with SBR and a few others, that they don't like/agree with NUFC.com, and never have anything good to say about it, pick away at it etc etc, why read it? It's hardly a difficult concept to get one’s head around. I don’t like liver, never eat it, I don’t like the Mackems, don’t shout for them, don’t like the Tories, wouldn’t vote for them. If you think NUFC.com is 100% pants then forget it and move on to better things, maybe get out more, or write a blog, or possibly put your thoughts into sites beyond a forum.

Egregious, egregious!:

Sam plays blame game

In amongst the acres of guff that came from former boss Sam Allardyce as he pontificated to the nation via Sky TV on Sunday, the following extract did stand out rather:

“Is the job too big? That’s an absolute load of rubbish. A job of that size is about the size of the fans, not the club internally. I don’t think the fans didn’t like me. I think they did like me, but it was the agitators that were the problem, the Press and one or two of the ex-players.

“All the managers say the same that I’ve spoken to. Not just Graeme Souness, but Bobby Robson, Kenny Dalglish, even Ruud Gullit. They said it was a particular problem and it’s still there.’’

Just who could Sam be referring to? We wonder if there's any mileage in asking a club insider to reveal all, although those reports could be wide of the mark, which wouldn't surprise us. Exclusively.

Afraid I've gotten a bit of a whoosh off of that one.  Are they implying that Sam was indirectly talking about them, or what?  Anyone care to enlighten me?

They're on about Anal.