Djibril Cisse to be our version of El Hadji Diouf?

KaKa

Cisse's agent quoted as saying that he would love to come to Newcastle.

Another ex-Liverpool striker who was bought for a hell of a lot of Money, but who never quite worked out. Unfortunately for Cisse he was caughti n the most ridiculous situation where Liverpool bought him because Houllier wanted him, but by the time Cisse arrived Houllier was gone! I think this was a big part of his struggles at Liverpool, especially as Rafa didn't seem to be a fan.

So ... considering what Sam was able to do for Diouf, do you think he would transform Cisse into a greater threat? Cisse no doubt has a ton of ability that just needs to be harnessed. Could Sam be the man and would you be happy to see Cisse come to Newcastle?

I think it would be a fascinating prospect. Cisses pace is phenomenal and I love his guts, as he has now come back twice from two broken legs and still looks just as quick! He's a bit of a nutter but if he could be managed better and taught how to use his pace to get in behind defences he could be a terror in our league.

What are your thoughts?

His legs are shot, would take him on a free and on a very low wage but that is all he is worth.

14 (5) 7 goals, not very good since the French top divison is as weak as the bottom of our Championship, bar one or two teams.

His legs are shot, would take him on a free and on a very low wage but that is all he is worth.

14 (5) 7 goals, not very good since the French top divison is as weak as the bottom of our Championship, bar one or two teams.

His record is about a goal every 2 games in England but his injuries may have taken it out of him. Headless chicken but maybe worth a punt if cheap.

His record is about a goal every 2 games in England but his injuries may have taken it out of him. Headless chicken but maybe worth a punt if cheap.

Also hit his pregnant wife.

Nice guy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006040599,00.html

Link added: Just in case the mods have a cardiac.

Broken legs are very different from torn ligaments though, as you tend to heal completely and if anything you come back stronger. He certainly doesn't look any slower or less mobile this season.

Rumoured price is £4 million as his stock has plummeted due to the injuries.

Worth a punt at £4 million?

Broken legs are very different from torn ligaments though, as you tend to heal completely and if anything you come back stronger. He certainly doesn't look any slower or less mobile this season.

He's got some pedigree for £4m when you think how much Nugent and the likes will cost this pre-season.

I'm not sure about him though mainly because of his disruptive attitude. Do we really need another moody frenchman?

For 4m i would take him but i think Marseille would want at least 6m for him.

Which is good of them, but am sure Liverpool will need paying since he is owned by them.

:rolleyes:

Anyway... he's definitely got quality. It's a tough one... i think i'd take him, aye.

very similar player to Martins IMO, has bundles of pace but an inability to use it effectively altho he did appear to be more of intelligent player than Martins when he was back at Liverpool. Would definately be worth a punt as a 4th striker (baring in mind Carroll going out on loan). His injuries werent muscular which doesnt mean him to be injury prone, most people can't help breaking their leg and he obviously has some courage fighting back from it not once but twice. Yes he has only scored 7 goals in Ligue 1 this season but this so called weak league the top scorer has only got 13. He averages 1 in 3 at international level and some1 who has 29caps for France obviously isn't a mug. I think he is definately the sort of player BSA cud get the best out of and more importantly like a lot of the ppl he got at BW Cisse has something to prove. Can also play wide right of a forward 3 so is versatile to an extent to. No more than £4m and a lowish wage = good buy.

Cisse's agent quoted as saying that he would love to come to Newcastle.

link? :D

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/manchester_city/article1801233.ece

Also hit his pregnant wife.

Nice guy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006040599,00.html

Link added: Just in case the mods have a cardiac.

Word is his wife has changed her name to Anette. Only way she could be sure he wouldn't hit her. :boomboom:

Guest SwissMagpie

would take his on cut price as third choice Striker - Martins,Owen,Cisse and Ameobi

People say he is injury prone, but apart from the two broken legs which were both freak injuries, I don't ever remember him picking up any other typical injuries. Also, I have a great admiration from how he came back so quickly, says a lot about his mentality.

Great player, injury prone, not an outstanding goalscoring record. £3m tops, and i'd take him.

Great????????   Stay well clear imo!!  Another moody frenchman is not what we need, he didn't look like he gave a flying fook whilst playing for Liverpool and hardly endeared himself to the fans there. I seriously don't think he's what we need.