EPL Teams next season - Strongest ever?

Dokko

Guest TheOrder

Man City - Up in the air ATM with takeover talk, but with so much going on hard to make an assumption (Slight Improvement)

Utter cretin of a manager to be replaced by proven quality.

Penny pinching chairman replaced by Gajillionaire.

"Slight Improvement"  :laugh:

(Note that at this stage I refuse to entertain thoughts of any of the above not happening, its the off season, I'm allowed to be happy!)

Love it how you automatically assume Derby are going finish bottom.  Get a clue.  Bet your one of them people who thought Reading didn't have a chance in hell.  As for Spurs, why does every thread on this board have to include mass debate about them?

There is no comparison between Reading 06 and Derby 07. Reading won the league with a bajillion points, Derby are in the playoffs - and theyre picking John Macken. :uglystupid2:

High hopes? :D

I think Birmingham will invest and I can see them having a decent season

10m at most I've heard, it doesn't matter how much they have to spend anyway when Steve Bruce is the manager. Straight back down imo.

1st time around they didn't do too badly, and he had some shocking injury problems the season they got relegated.

I wouldn't write them off at this stage

I think Birmingham will invest and I can see them having a decent season

10m at most I've heard, it doesn't matter how much they have to spend anyway when Steve Bruce is the manager. Straight back down imo.

1st time around they didn't do too badly, and he had some shocking injury problems the season they got relegated.

I wouldn't write them off at this stage

They're going straight back down where they belong, hopefully. Scum.

Guest smoggeordie

Love it how you automatically assume Derby are going finish bottom.  Get a clue.  Bet your one of them people who thought Reading didn't have a chance in hell.  As for Spurs, why does every thread on this board have to include mass debate about them?

Aye, exactly. West Brom will finish bottom.

Sunderland are going to have to do some serious investment to stay up. Keane has done a fantastic job getting them up and motivating them, but that's not going to cut it in the Prem.

I can't think of a single Sunderland player, which probably says something.

Albion have Koumas, Davis and Gera who are all Prem quality.

Sunderland are going to have to do some serious investment to stay up. Keane has done a fantastic job getting them up and motivating them, but that's not going to cut it in the Prem.

Cause they're s*** and are playing over their heads? 

On the other hand, I couldn't have told you much about Reading before this season. 

Camara/Kamara or whatever he is called looks very handy. I don't know why he left Pompey but my mate (Pompey fan) thinks it was a mistake to let him go. That McShane or whatever he is called has looked quite good on the few occasions I have seen him (that is very few though).

On the other hand, I couldn't have told you much about Reading before this season. 

As shit as the are, they'll stay up. Their home record will be canny next season.  :rolleyes:

Fulham, Wigan and the play-off winners will go down. (Seems harsh to write them off before the season has started but can't see WBA or Derby staying up)

Everton will be much weaker.They didn't even play in Europe this season.

Don't agree mate. I think they'll be just as strong - if not stronger. They'll have more games to play but I think Moyes will spend a bit this summer.

I think Middlesborough without Viduka's goals are in for a long tough season.

Sanchez is going to fail miserably at Fulham with his long ball tactics and I cant see a Jewell-less Wigan staying up.

Once again, the relegation battle is going to be the most exciting part of the Premiership season

As s*** as the are, they'll stay up. Their home record will be canny next season.  :rolleyes:

Fulham, Wigan and the play-off winners will go down. (Seems harsh to write them off before the season has started but can't see WBA or Derby staying up)

As much as i hate saying this, but i have a sneaky feeling that scumderland will do well next year, i think that keane has them as a very well drilled organised side, i know they dont seem to have any big stars, but i think they more than  make up for it in there organisation, add to the fact that there will be uprecedented transfers money for them this season, i think they have the structure to prosper. I know its "big test" time for Keane, but i think he will prosper in the EPL as well, he has that raw determination and never say die attitude which you only see in the better bosses, he seems to have moulded a team that would walk off a cliff for him similar to what Mourihno has/had at Chelsea. 

Man Utd-stronger

Chelsea-stronger

Liverpool- much stronger

Arsenal- same

Tottenham- much stronger

Newcastle- stronger

West Ham- much stronger

Everton- weaker

Portsmouth- stronger

Reading- weaker

Bolton- weaker

Aston Villa- same

Man City- same

Boro- weaker

Sunderland- stronger

Blackburn- same

Wigan- weaker

Fulham- weaker

Birmingam- weaker

Under weaker i mean this clubs will finish lower then this season and under stronger i think this clubs will finish higher then this season and as a squad of players they will be stronger.

Aston Villa- same

Same? After a season of consolidation, and with a billionaire owner whose CEO has said last week that there is "no limit set" on what he will spend this summer, that he wants CL football as soon as possible and is fully aware of how much that will cost?

I'm not expecting CL football for a good few years (if at all) at least, but there's no doubt the club will be stronger next season.

Aston Villa- same

Same? After a season of consolidation, and with a billionaire owner whose CEO has said last week that there is "no limit set" on what he will spend this summer, that he wants CL football as soon as possible and is fully aware of how much that will cost?

I'm not expecting CL football for a good few years (if at all) at least, but there's no doubt the club will be stronger next season.

Your lot been linked with anyone interesting?

Aston Villa- same

Your lot been linked with anyone interesting?

Defoe, some Portugese left back (Antunes) (which puzzles me, as Bouma has been excellent this season) and Boruc, the Celtic keeper.

Early doors yet, innit.

As shit as the are, they'll stay up. Their home record will be canny next season.  :rolleyes:

fully agree with your relegation tips there.

So

As s*** as the are, they'll stay up. Their home record will be canny next season.  :rolleyes:

fully agree with your relegation tips there.

Sounds about right to me also.

Aston Villa- same

Maybe you are right but i just cant see your club to someone who is going to be much stronger next season.

It depends on the players you will sign but im expecting from Villa to be at the same level as this season.

Maybe im wrong time will tell

Thats only my humble opinion.

Dont offence mate.

I really like Villa as a club and also Stilian Petrov plays there and im Bulgarian.

BTW what do you think about him?

I've heard that most of the Villa fans think that he has been big disappointment so far

Aston Villa- same

Maybe you are right but i just cant see your club to someone who is going to be much stronger next season.

It depends on the players you will sign but im expecting from Villa to be at the same level as this season.

Maybe im wrong time will tell

Thats only my humble opinion.

Dont offence mate.

I really like Villa as a club and also Stilian Petrov plays there and im Bulgarian.

BTW what do you think about him?

I've heard that most of the Villa fans think that he has been big disappointment so far

Villa will push on next season imo. Nothing spectacular but solid improvement. They'll spend canny money and improve, possibly pushing for top 6 in they can stay clear of injuries. I like O'Neill and they won't go into a slump like the did this (last?) season.

Guest Rafa

I think it'll be much stronger next season.

Newcastle for sure will be stronger, cos Allardyce will knock your lads into shape and get 'em organised, and he'll make you really hard to break down. And with a few good signings he will get em up there, competing for the Euro spots from the word go.

Spurs  will probably have another big spending summer, and I actually think that the pressure will be on Jol and his team big time if they do splash the cash again like they did last year. Cos they had a season of consolidation this season just been, now it's a big step for them to see if he is a good enough coach to take 'em onto the next level.

Villa will be stronger, I'm sure O'Neill will get a decent amount of dosh and then they will be needing to push on next season.

If Man City get Ranieri, I expect them to really battle and move up a fair few places.

So all in all, there are going to be 3 or 4 more teams than there where this season, who could be and should be battling for Euro places. Should be good  O0

Going the opposite way - I think Bolton will struggle, I don't rate Sammy Lee as a coach, so we shall see! And Everton, depends if they embarrass themselves again in Europe  :parky: