Bond hits out at Toon hypocrisy

Guest Ridzuan

Guest Ridzuan
Former Newcastle assistant boss Kevin Bond has branded club chairman Freddy Shepherd a hypocrite for appointing Sam Allardyce as manager.

Bond was relieved of his duties at St James' Park soon after he was mentioned in the BBC's high-profile Panorama investigation into football bungs last September.

Bond, who had been at Portsmouth when the segment of the programme featuring him was made, has been cleared of any wrongdoing and is now suing both the BBC for libel and Newcastle for breach of contract.

Allardyce, then Bolton manager, was implicated in the programme but also cleared following the subsequent Stevens inquiry.

Yet Allardyce was appointed Newcastle manager last week and because of that Bond has accused Shepherd of double standards.

Bond told The People: "Morals and integrity are things people stand on when it suits them and they go right out of the window when it doesn't.

"It was easy for Freddy to take the moral high ground with me, it suits him to take the opposite stance with Sam because he believes - as I do - that Sam is the man for Newcastle United.

"It is the biggest U-turn in someone's stance on a matter that I have ever come across."

He added: "The hypocrisy of Freddy appointing Sam is staggering."

This issue aside, however, Bond admits he feels Allardyce is the right appointment.

Bond, who worked alongside Allardyce's predecessor Glenn Roeder, said: "In no way am I criticising Sam because I have nothing but admiration and respect for him, and I believe he is the right man for the job."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2137655,00.html

Whos side are you on? For me,its obvious that Freddy have done the right thing in sacking Bond and appointing Sam although both of them have a similar issue.

Former Newcastle assistant boss Kevin Bond has branded club chairman Freddy Shepherd a hypocrite for appointing Sam Allardyce as manager.

Bond was relieved of his duties at St James' Park soon after he was mentioned in the BBC's high-profile Panorama investigation into football bungs last September.

Bond, who had been at Portsmouth when the segment of the programme featuring him was made, has been cleared of any wrongdoing and is now suing both the BBC for libel and Newcastle for breach of contract.

Allardyce, then Bolton manager, was implicated in the programme but also cleared following the subsequent Stevens inquiry.

Yet Allardyce was appointed Newcastle manager last week and because of that Bond has accused Shepherd of double standards.

Bond told The People: "Morals and integrity are things people stand on when it suits them and they go right out of the window when it doesn't.

"It was easy for Freddy to take the moral high ground with me, it suits him to take the opposite stance with Sam because he believes - as I do - that Sam is the man for Newcastle United.

"It is the biggest U-turn in someone's stance on a matter that I have ever come across."

This issue aside, however, Bond admits he feels Allardyce is the right appointment.

Bond, who worked alongside Allardyce's predecessor Glenn Roeder, said: "In no way am I criticising Sam because I have nothing but admiration and respect for him, and I believe he is the right man for the job."

Well f**k*** said Bond.  :clap:

Guest mishka17

similiar to post which I wrote about 2 weeks ago....quite interesting, but fuck it... Sam is here, and thats what matters

unless of course Bond is found guilty and Sam isn't.................

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2137655,00.html

Whos side are you on? For me,its obvious that Freddy have done the right thing in sacking Bond and appointing Sam although both of them have a similar issue.

How can you say he was morally right to sack Bond but it was ok for him to employ Sam? Personally I think Bond's got a strong case, as Sam was probably implicated more by the programme yet we feel its ok to employ him but yet sack someone who was implicated less.

T

wasn't bond caught on camera saying what he could do and has done ?

Thats what I thought, Allardyce wasn't caught doing anthing wrong just his son saying he'll speak with him

Guest optimistic nit

unless of course Bond is found guilty and Sam isn't.................

that would make no difference. bond was sacked before being found guilty, and allardyce hired before being found innocent. both were highlighted, one was hired, one fired. stinks of hypocracy.

i'm with vic and the rest on this one, well fucking said.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Splitting hairs here but.........surely Allardyce was presumed innocent and never found guilty of anything?

just like wor Kev :lol:

Splitting hairs here but.........surely Allardyce was presumed innocent and never found guilty of anything?

just like wor Kev :lol:

Correctamundo.

Bond got his P45 because Shepherd panicked when he saw Panorama. Once the dust settled, Allardyce was in the clear and he hired him. Can't see the big hoo-haa that's being created. Granted Bond has a reason for feeling a little aggrieved but it's hardly earth-shattering stuff is it?  :lol:

I've no idea why Bond was sacked, tbh. The Panorama thing seemed like a smokescreen at the time. Maybe he was just a wanker?

I have also thought it may have been just a fortunate excuse, we didn't waste much time over it!

Despite the fact that FFS is a blundering piece of lard who I have no respect for I am behind him 100% for two reasons:

1.  Allardyce wasn't caught with his pants down on tv in front of the whole world.

2. He isn't a useless tit who only got the job because he was mates with another useless tit.