Bayern confirm Hargreaves sale.

Optimistic Nut

Fairly blatantly looking at a 4-3-3 tbh, they've abandoned the 4-4-2 for a while now.

---------Carrick---Hargreaves----------

--------------Scholes

Ronaldo-----------------Rooney

--------------New CF

Get themselves a good focal point center forward ala Drogba and they'll be scary next season tbh. Hargreaves and Carrick will provide a solid engine room, while Scholes will be the man expected to get forward from CM and do the majority of the creating.

Ronaldo will get at teams down the wing, while Rooney can drift in off the left and will benefit hugely from having a proper center forward to play off and take the burden of scoring goals off him, allowing him to play a bit deeper.

That's probably just about spot on, and if that is the case, i don't think the centre-forward they're after is Owen.

Scary though, because Berbatov is the man for that role, there. Scary in the sense that they must have an absolute boatload to spend.

Should be an interesting summer. Chelsea have got some serious work to do.

I just wonder where him and Carrick will fit in together? Can't see them complimenting each other.

Ferguson wants to copy the way AC Milan play, it's pretty obvious, he has a deep ball playing playmaker in Carrick (Pirlo type) and just needs an angry, never-say-die ball winner in the mould of Gattuso which would be Hargreaves.  Don't ask me how Scholes would fit into this/

Guest Knightrider

Carrick and Hargreaves = Gattusso and Pirlo

Very good combo. Add an Owen to the top of Ronaldo and Rooney with Scholes behind the trio and that's some team there, especially given they also have a sound enough defence. And replace Scholes with a Kaka as someone already said and...

Guest gggg

They've just sold Howard so they'll need someone else to loan out.

Foster > Villa

Kutzsack > Birmingham

Gordan > Sunderland

18 easy points.

Chelsea reckon theyr arent signing any big names this summer

If thats the case they might as well just leave the trophy at OT.

Looking at all the possible formations on this thread..... they look pretty awesome

Fairly blatantly looking at a 4-3-3 tbh, they've abandoned the 4-4-2 for a while now.

--------------Scholes

--------------New CF

Get themselves a good focal point center forward ala Drogba and they'll be scary next season tbh. Hargreaves and Carrick will provide a solid engine room, while Scholes will be the man expected to get forward from CM and do the majority of the creating.

Ronaldo will get at teams down the wing, while Rooney can drift in off the left and will benefit hugely from having a proper center forward to play off and take the burden of scoring goals off him, allowing him to play a bit deeper.

That's probably just about spot on, and if that is the case, i don't think the centre-forward they're after is Owen.

Scary though, because Berbatov is the man for that role, there. Scary in the sense that they must have an absolute boatload to spend.

Got to agree with the formation, I think it's spot on. Could Huntelaar work as the forward, though? I'm sure they've been linked with him a few times before.

Guest sami

Hi guys..utd fan here

We are still in the market for a winger and a world class striker

I think we will spend big on a world class winger or on a world class striker,the stiker part looks more likely

Hi guys..utd fan here

I think we will spend big on a world class winger or on a world class striker,the stiker part looks more likely

Which Utd?

Hi guys..utd fan here

Which Utd?

Dundee.

:nope:

Guest brewer

--------------Scholes

--------------New CF

Man U haven't really spent any money the last two summers. They signed Carrick last year and then sold RVN (£10m) and John Mikel Obi (£12m). The summer before they only signed VDS and Park while selling various players, Kleberson, Spector, Carroll and so on.

So I'd imagine there is probably a fair bit to spend.

Although Hargreaves suggest they'll waste it all.

I believe that Man U will sign Nani to play in the LW/LF role. But i guess that Fergie will start slowly with him and giving him more and more time while adapting to the style of play in the PL just like with Ronaldo.