Distin Rejection?

KaKa

Distin is so over-rated, really error prone imo.

100% agree - Distin was Bramble before Bramble...............

I can not wait to see a Pompey centre half pairing of Distin & Shambles - hilarious!

Guest Toon83

Distin is so over-rated, really error prone imo.

100% agree - Distin was Bramble before Bramble...............

I can not wait to see a Pompey centre half pairing of Distin & Shambles - hilarious!

Very True, Distin was making huge mistakes before Titus even knew who Newcastle United were

Bollocks to Distin TBH. Campbell and Hypia are still maintaining a higher standard of defending than Distin has ever played in my eyes. The positives that Distin has is that he is free, quicker and younger. He doesn't have any more experiance.

At the moment all i would care about is getting Ben Haim through the doors. That is crucial in my eyes. After that either one of Hyypia of Campbell as a mentor fro Taylor would be fantastic.

Then as NUFCO6 says a left back and we would be sorted. I'd get silvestre TBH.

Bollocks to Distin TBH. Campbell and Hypia are still maintaining a higher standard of defending than Distin has ever played in my eyes. The positives that Distin has is that he is free, quicker and younger. He doesn't have any more experiance.

At the moment all i would care about is getting Ben Haim through the doors. That is crucial in my eyes. After that either one of Hyypia of Campbell as a mentor fro Taylor would be fantastic.

Then as NUFCO6 says a left back and we would be sorted. I'd get silvestre TBH.

Completely agree with you.

Distin never played at that high level which Campbell and Hyypia did.

I think if we sign one of them and Ben Haim would be perfect for us like you said.

Distin would be some sort of risk while players like Campbell and Hyypia are proven Premiership defenders

Distin's much much better than what we've just let go. He's no worldbeater but he could have come in and been solid enough. But if the bloke's chosen Portsmouth then that's up to him. Hardly the end of the world is it?  :lol:

Guest NUFCnutter

I think Distin would be a very good partner for Taylor.

Does Stevie Taylor not have a girlfriend like?

I think Distin would be a very good partner for Taylor.

but if the rumours are to be true he puts portsmouth in a higher regard to ourselves so I think campbell or even hypia would be a better option, although if the main reason for campbell sighting a move is the whole GF thing does that mean if that goes tits up he will want to transfer back down south?

Talking of overpaid defenders, I was listening to a local sports phone-in down here, and the presenter was talking about the rumoured interest of Birmingham's least evolved football club, Birmingham City, in the legend they know as Lord Titus of Bramble. Presenter said the main sticking point would be his wages, rumoured to be *67k* a week at Newcastle.

Now, said presenter is known around these parts as being a moron, so he could have got it wrong, but even so, had I been drinking at the time, I'd have expelled it at high speed through my nostrils.

That can't be right, can it? 67k?

Talking of overpaid defenders, I was listening to a local sports phone-in down here, and the presenter was talking about the rumoured interest of Birmingham's least evolved football club, Birmingham City, in the legend they know as Lord Titus of Bramble. Presenter said the main sticking point would be his wages, rumoured to be *67k* a week at Newcastle.

Now, said presenter is known around these parts as being a moron, so he could have got it wrong, but even so, had I been drinking at the time, I'd have expelled it at high speed through my nostrils.

:lol:

That's absolute bollocks.

:lol:

That's absolute bollocks.

That's good to know. I don't know what perturbed me most, the fact that Bramble could be on that kind of money, or the fleeting thought that I actually believed it briefly.

Why does everyone rate hyypia? I know he was a good defender but i think he's way past it now, i honestly think he's a slightly better moore. Plus he's too similar type of defender to taylor which in my opinion wouldn't make a good partnership. We defo need a Campbell type defender.

And Ramage is on 70k a week ;D ;D ;D