Sibierski leaving

Leazes1986

He was ok for a stop gap until Owen and Shola were fit but clearly never going to be any more than that. He gave it a good go though and did his best for us which is all we can realistically ask of a player.

Guest shaun11177

Good decision-whats the name of his agent again oh Willie Mckay trying to screw us out of even more money.

Unless the player is exceptional it should be a club rule that players over 30 should only be offered one year deals.

Guest BooBoo

Good move. He looked okay in the Waffa Cup, but his Premiership performances were simply not good enough. Thanks Tony ofr your efforts this season and good luck for the future.

Was never really good enough, despite his goals in the UEFA Cup. But i'll remember him fondly, he was a bit of a cult hero at one stage, and a smashing chap. He was one of those mad signings and you can't really blame him, he'd been shite for a couple of years and it was a nonsencial signing. But he came in and got on with it. Credit to the guy and i hope he goes back to France now.

Increases the chances of us getting another striker, which is very good.

Thanks for the memories French Tony, and best of luck in the future. :thup:

Tried to plug a very big hole, and always gave his best - which may not have been as good as we needed, but better than some who put on the black and white offered.

All that said, here's hoping the next striker who joins the Toon has a little bit more in his locker! :lol:

Guest NIToon

Did the job asked of him and unlike others always gave his all.

Don't think he would be worth a two year deal, one year as a backup at the most.

Good luck to him.

Very relieved he's gone. Simply not good enough.

Shola is way better than him, and thats saying something.

I know its about opinion but no way is he like for me. Sibierski was much better and I'd rather he was playing instead of Ameobi. Fact is, he can link things up, he's great with his head and simply has good control unlike Shola. I reckon people forget how bad he is when he's injured for a bit, its like Dyer. Shola simply cant link the play up, cant head the ball, cant shoot, he's bloody terrible and it was such a relief when he was out for the rest of last season.

Best Wishes Le Sib !!

You were better than Shola for sure

Shola played something like ten games, and scored 5 goals.

9, 3.

Ah, didn't include European games in that. So yes, 5 overall, from 11 starts.

Best Wishes Le Sib !!

12, 3.

One penalty plus a goal where he was five yards offside.

Guest teepee

Done better than expected. Can leave with his head held high.

very true - we would have been in even deeper if we hadn't had sibbers this season!

Guest alex

Best Wishes Le Sib !!

12, 3.

One penalty plus a goal where he was five yards offside.

Do penalties and goals incorrectly given not count any more then?

Who gives a shit? He was there and he put them in the net. If that's the criteria then Shearer only scored about 160 for us. Cos penalties don't count.

I've criticised Shola in the past, but he improved immensely towards the back end of the 05/06 season, where he was leading the line*. He started 06/07 well too, but was a dead man walking by the time he was having his operation. And to say that Sibierski was a better player than him, is just simply wrong.

*Key factor, he wasn't playing with Shearer

Good. Hopefully SA will show ameobi the door as well.

Leaving us with potentially ONE striker come July. :D

(Oba's the only one that i reckon will definitely stay)

Guest Sniffer

You call ameobi a striker. I don't. He's fucking useless and the sooner he's gone the better and we can get a decent player in. Even Kevin Philips at his age is abetter player.

Not bothered about Sib's departure in itself, but I am starting to shift around a bit, wondering when we actually are going to make some much needed signings (i.e. additions) to what is already a threadbare squad.

I hope to God we've got things tied up already - or we're going to end up paying over the odds for every single player we sign.

Not bothered about Sib's departure in itself, but I am starting to shift around a bit, wondering when we actually are going to make some much needed signings (i.e. additions) to what is already a threadbare squad.

I hope to God we've got things tied up already - or we're going to end up paying over the odds for every single player we sign.

We can only start paying for players when the transfer window opens. ;)

No need getting restless yet, it's only May.