Sibierski leaving

Leazes1986

Guest nyscooby

He's done us proud, but its a prime example of our lack of promise.

Get shot and get some new lads in to build on, not to patch up the cracks.

Guest DavB93

The best thing to do,he surpassed our expectations but i muchs rather give players like Andy Carroll a chance then him, i have nothing but respect for Sib and hope he finds a really good team to play in come next season.

That's point, not sure what big sam was like a bolton but do you think he'll give the young lads (ie. Carroll, Huntington and Edgar) a chance in the 1st team.

The best thing to do,he surpassed our expectations but i muchs rather give players like Andy Carroll a chance then him, i have nothing but respect for Sib and hope he finds a really good team to play in come next season.

That's point, not sure what big sam was like a bolton but do you think he'll give the young lads (ie. Carroll, Huntington and Edgar) a chance in the 1st team.

Andy Carroll seems like a perfect player for a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, tall, strong, and unlike Ameobi is good in the air and can finish.

Will fit well in an Allardyce team,not really sure about Huntington and Edgar, both shouldn't have played last season if it wasn't for our injureys and both are defencive players and they need experince if they are to get any better in these positions, so i think we should loan them to a Championship side come next season.

Guest Guinness

While Sibierski did a job when required, he was only ever going to be used as a stop gap. It's probably best for all to move on, if we want to start challenging for Europe again we're going to need better players in.

WTF? Why is Sibierski doing turning down a contract at a club like Newcastle? Times like this make me realise some of these footballers don't even know they're born...who's going to give him a deal now? Real fucking Madrid? :idiot2:

Guest alex

WTF? Why is Sibierski doing turning down a contract at a club like Newcastle? Times like this make me realise some of these footballers don't even know they're born...who's going to give him a deal now? Real fucking Madrid? :idiot2:

I was thinking the same myself.

If he's got any nouse he knows he's not going to get much of a kick next season and would prefer to start for Ajaccio or Tolouse or some such. Plus he can only tarnish his cult status by staying here too long as his skills fade away...

I think this is the right decision for everybody.  He wouldn't (and shouldn't) get a game next year.  Having said that, he scored some key goals for us this past season, esp. in Europe, and has worked his butt off, despite his limitations.  Will always be good in my book.

Parker17 "Gutted" over Sibierski departure:

Parker17 revealed his pain over Antoine Sibierski's rejection of a new contract he revealed he was "gutted" "I'm not over it" he said "it'll take time" he even went as far as saying "my life is ruined" :lol: all quotes are true

Guest Sniffer

He should be able to get 2 years with a french team.On markedly less than he'll get at the Toon for one year I'd bet.  :idiot2:

Do well as a squad player and he might get a 2nd deal next year.

He should be able to get 2 years with a french team.On markedly less than he'll get at the Toon for one year I'd bet.  :idiot2:

Do well as a squad player and he might get a 2nd deal next year.

Crazy idea but he could just be a footballer who wants to play for the love of the game and doesn't mind earning less as long as he is playing a bit longer?

Guest Stephen927

Scored some important goals and always tried hard.

It's the best time for him to leave, good luck to him wherever he goes.

I usually judge a player by how much it would cost to replace him. In this case I think we could pick up a replacement for about £500k max. Says it all I think.

Guest ChickenKiev

Very bad, this only increases the chances of Shola appearing in more games. But if he didn't want that one year then so be it.

Blah blah.  Shola > Sibierski.  FACT.

shola < anybody. FACT :)

Guest smoggeordie

Au Revoir, Antoine Sibierski  :(

Nice new shirt you've got there. :lol:

The one with Beardsley on?

Bah. I thought you'd got a new one with Sibierski printed on it. ;)

Guest smoggeordie

Bah. I thought you'd got a new one with Sibierski printed on it. ;)

Nah.

Does anyone wonder whether the Willie Mckay statement that we offered Sibs a one year deal is a pile of dung and is just a spin to make Sibs appear to be wanted?  Or am I just becoming too cynical?