Bale signs for Spurs

Guest Darth Toon

Gareth Bale looks like one of the Best Young British prospects from what i have seen as a player he is quite remarkable for his age, wonderful cultured left foot and gets forward so well he will be a fantastic signing for any of the Top Clubs.

I would imagine Spurs are trying to out bid everyone because they know when Bale is up for a free transfer in 1 years time they will not be able to compete one on one with "the Big 4" or Newcastle United in recent history for his signature.

Wonderful signing if Tottenham can out bid everyone though.  :thup:

£6m rising to £10m for a 17 year old centre back who is "proven" in the championship is crazy money tbh!

Sounds crazy to me too!

Especially as no one on here is talking about a 17yr old CENTRE-BACK!!!

Sorry left back. Still carzy!

I just got the nod..........

£6m now, £1m for next 3 years plus 2m if we get in Champions league in next 2 years plus sell on!

A lot of money but best we could negotiate.

Pre agreement has been signed - we have a few days to tie it up!

And Taarabt has now signed permanently, he couldn't before because he was under 18.

And may be news of 2 more after Sunday.  Levy seems to have let Comolli have a bit of freedom.

fookin lotta money. Glad we arent pissing it all on him tbh.

I agree. We can't affor to because our whole team is in a mess, but I think at this moment in time Tottenham can.

Like Gallowgate End says he does have a cultured left foot and you can see he knows what he is doing out there. Unlike many a young player who usually get by on just their outrageous pace or athleticism.

Think Gareth Barry, but with more athleticism, speed and mobility. Obviously not as good as Barry yet but reminds me of him in his style of play.

£6m now, £1m for next 3 years plus 2m if we get in Champions league in next 2 years plus sell on!

And Taarabt has now signed permanently, he couldn't before because he was under 18.

And may be news of 2 more after Sunday.   Levy seems to have let Comolli have a bit of freedom.

I have to say as irritating as I find a lot of Spurs fans, not necessarily you MJ, although sometimes you do try my patience ... I do admire the way your club goes about it's business.

Tying up players sso early in the window it is untrue! I absolutely love that! By the time everyone resumes for training they have all already gotten used to the idea and probably moved into and settled in the area. Is it any wonder they then go on to perform at such a good level once the season kiscks off?

Sam my man, I lvoe you big guy, but can we please get this show on the road?

Just after BBC and Sky Sports. f*** off! :lol:

Not the exact breakdown on the media. :coolsmiley:  Possibly it could be £11m (if we get CL football)  plus the sell on when we all know that he wanted to go to Man Utd, it's a big gamble Levy is taking.  The next one they're putting the work in on is Wesley Sneijder.  If we get him, I think it would be a bigger coup than getting Bale tbh.

Guest alex

Just after BBC and Sky Sports. f*** off! :lol:

Not the exact breakdown on the media. :coolsmiley:  Possibly it could be £11m (if we get CL football)  plus the sell on when we all know that he wanted to go to Man Utd, it's a big gamble Levy is taking.  The next one they're putting the work in on is Wesley Sneijder.  If we get him, I think it would be a bigger coup than getting Bale tbh.

Fuck off all the same.

£6m rising to £10m for a 17 year old centre back who is "proven" in the championship is crazy money tbh!

Yep, IMHO i'd rather some-one like Bridge or Baines. Newcastle over the past few years have taken their fair share of risks and have lost a lot of money because of it.

Yep, IMHO i'd rather some-one like Bridge or Baines. Newcastle over the past few years have taken their fair share of risks and have lost a lot of money because of it.

Same here, they would probably come cheaper aswell.

Guest graemeh72

Its all potential....

Hopefully the lad will make teh grade

But the last thing Newcastle United need is a 17 year old with potential....

Southampton are losing £12m a year, and are auctioning off their best players. Bale will go, even if the highest bid is £3m.

Thing is though, a takeover is in the works, with all signs pointing to Microsoft billionaire founder Paul Allen.

And may be news of 2 more after Sunday.  Levy seems to have let Comolli have a bit of freedom.

Are you called archibald?

Or have you always just stolen other peoples info and claimed it to be your own?

And may be news of 2 more after Sunday.   Levy seems to have let Comolli have a bit of freedom.

Or have you always just stolen other peoples info and claimed it to be your own?

That would be fantastic :lol:

Just got the nod = I just read on a Spurs message board! Legend :lol:

Makes you wonder what Man Utd will do now...

May have to struggle on with Evra, Heinze, Silvestre & O'Shea ;) .

Like i said earlier, if you believe every single paper in the national press - it was pretty clear that United were after a left-back. And Heinze is leaving and Silvestre's crap.

That would be fantastic :lol:

Just got the nod = I just read on a Spurs message board! Legend :lol:

:lol: no no Jon MJ is ITK :lol:

I have to say as irritating as I find a lot of Spurs fans, not necessarily you MJ, although sometimes you do try my patience ... I do admire the way your club goes about it's business.

Tying up players sso early in the window it is untrue! I absolutely love that! By the time everyone resumes for training they have all already gotten used to the idea and probably moved into and settled in the area. Is it any wonder they then go on to perform at such a good level once the season kiscks off?

Sam my man, I lvoe you big guy, but can we please get this show on the road?

Agree with you KaKa.

Spurs are going in the right direction and signing players at this time will help them when the season starts because their new players will be setlled.

Like i said earlier, if you believe every single paper in the national press - it was pretty clear that United were after a left-back. And Heinze is leaving and Silvestre's crap.

I don't think Man United are after any left back, I think they were/are after Bale. If they don't get him I don't think they will look to strengthen this department.