Owen to start on Friday night for England 'B'

Wullie

Jenarse and Bentley are gonne be overrun in the midfield the poor little lams... :knuppel2: (I know its only albania but still!)

Bentley's just had a good season with Blackburn plus when I saw him the recent U21 game against Italy he was easily englands best player. Though I would have partnered him with someone with a bit more steel than Jenas.

Bentley has always been a solid player. Really suprised bigger clubs werent after him when he was at Norwich (obviously he wouldnt have got into the Arsenal side at the time) but still, I think they could have used him.

Good signing for Blackburn at a decent price.

Guest brewer

would be nice to see the likes of Lescott, Taylor and Jagielka get on in the second half.

Incidently would anyone take Jagielka here?

The Liverpool Echo seemed pretty confident a couple of days ago that we would sign him.

Mind you, benni McCarthy signed for us about 3 times according to them.

Are you going to keep hold of Manny?

Questions to Owen at the press conference for tomorrow night about Newcastle were declared "off-limits" according to NUFC.com. Obviously not as reliable as the Bible or anything, but sehr fishy nontheless. Hope he does well tomorrow night of course and I hope he stays. If Shepherd is gone by July, then we might well keep a hold of him and Sam and his staff might get him playing some games for us as well. Imagine that!

Not sure I'll actually bother watching this, mind, especially with JJ playing in the middle of the park :laugh:

Can't believe he's playing Dawson and Shorey ahead of Lescott.

Then again, it is McClaren.

Shorey has had a great season, the least he deserves is a starting place in the B team.

I'd like to see Lescott in for Dawson, and Jagielka starting ahead of Neville - mainly because i can't see any value in Neville playing. It's a good a line-up overall, though.

Karjala, i haven't seen Smith play anywhere else but upfront this season.

Think you're bang-on about Jagielka, although Neville has been fairly impressive this season from what I've seen. I'd have Lescott in for King without hesitation, especially if he's as "crocked" as certain ITK posters on here have told us.

would be nice to see the likes of Lescott, Taylor and Jagielka get on in the second half.

Incidently would anyone take Jagielka here?

The Liverpool Echo seemed pretty confident a couple of days ago that we would sign him.

Mind you, benni McCarthy signed for us about 3 times according to them.

Are you going to keep hold of Manny?

Don't know. I think they're trying to get Benfica to loan him again next season.

is this going to be televised i just have this awful feeling if i watch i will see owen get injured again, I cant help it it keeps flashing in my mind even a television camera falling on him or somthing to cause im injury.

is this going to be televised i just have this awful feeling if i watch i will see owen get injured again, I cant help it it keeps flashing in my mind even a television camera falling on him or somthing to cause im injury.

It's on Sky. Mentioned on page one.

Guest nufc 4 life

Owen playing a bit like Duff was when he fisrt came back, whenever a cross doesn't come in his hands are always in the air like he is the most important player on the field, kinda like playground footie.

2-1 A Random

The lad who's after a new club.

I think Tyler is on a 10% cut of his signing on fee. Hasn't shut up about him all game.

Watching it without sound

43 mins: GOAL - BERISHA! - Berisha skips past King and smashes the ball home. Great goal. 2-1.

36 mins: GOAL - DOWNING! - Jenas chips a great ball through to Bentley on the right - he crosses first-time and substitute Downing volleys home. 2-0.

34 mins: GOAL - SMITH! - Nice move from England B. Barry controls the ball well with his back to goal, he lays it off for Smith who fires one in from 20 yards. Lovely finish. 1-0.

Actually a really good game and Albania are making it very competitive. Here are a few things I've noticed ...

Gareth Barry is a lovely player. He is actually playing in centre midfield today and you can see that this is where he should have played all along, I don't know which idiots have been in charge of developing this kid but you can see he would excel in the middle of the park. Excellent football brain, awareness, touch, passing, shooting and movement which makes him a threat going forward. Great strength, stamina, discipline, aggression and desire so he is very good as a ball winner too. I know it's just Albania but this guy should be playing in the middle of the park. Martin O'Neil take note. In this position his lack of great pace is not as much as a hindrance for him, he is at least as fast as Lampard. There is no way Jenas should be in the first team squad ahead of Barry and as a matter of fact neither should Downing.

Barry did play in central midfield for the last few games of the season. You're right, the lad is absolute quality 38 games a season.

didn't Milner play something like 55?