Julio Baptista - worth a punt?

James

Oh whatever. Martins is shit and he's done nowt this season. Suppose we should just get the idea.

I read through the 15-page thread the other day and can't be arsed with it again.

People ask for too fucking much.

Oh whatever. Martins is shit and he's done nowt this season. Suppose we should just get the idea.

I read through the 15-page thread the other day and can't be arsed with it again.

People ask for too fucking much.

what he said

FTR, Martins has 6 assists. Which is alright when he's been the only goddamn striker on the field.

6 assists is really poor. compare him to rooney who has been the only striker for man utd for the majority of the season. people think martins is so good but all he does is score a goal every few games. compare him to rooney and rooney scores more goals than him and contributes alot more to the team

Sorry, i forgot he should be as good as Rooney.

f****** sick of these utterly s*** Martins arguments.

ok i wont use rooney to support my arguement but is mcarthy, berbatov, bent, crouch, anelka, johnson, kuyt and keane ok players to use to support my arguement?

Your missing the point, bar maybe keane, they are all target men, out and out strikers with completely different games to Martins, all of which have played numerous previous seasons in the first team. 17 goals in his first season here playing double the amount of first team games he has ever played really isnt as shit as some people seem to wish it would be.

FTR, Martins has 6 assists. Which is alright when he's been the only goddamn striker on the field.

6 assists is really poor. compare him to rooney who has been the only striker for man utd for the majority of the season. people think martins is so good but all he does is score a goal every few games. compare him to rooney and rooney scores more goals than him and contributes alot more to the team

Sorry, i forgot he should be as good as Rooney.

f****** sick of these utterly s*** Martins arguments.

ok i wont use rooney to support my arguement but is mcarthy, berbatov, bent, crouch, anelka, johnson, kuyt and keane ok players to use to support my arguement?

I bet most of those havent got many more than 6 assists and 17 goals this season. I also bet they have been supporting and have been supported by a lot better players! We have virtually played the entire season without a left side!

I bet most of those havent got many more than 6 assists and 17 goals this season. I also bet they have been supporting and have been supported by a lot better players! We have virtually played the entire season without a left side!

only player i would give him is mcCarthy who has been outstanding but could easily be a one hit wonder and was massively under priced when bought

ok what is martins game then? to miss control the ball every time he gets it and to have a rubbish game every game?

we have spent pages upon pages about the lads negative parts of his game, he has speed, power, skill, eye for goal, can score with both legs and although short he is good in the air.

good enough for you???

only player i would give him is mcCarthy who has been outstanding but could easily be a one hit wonder and was massively under priced when bought

Aye and thats the Benni McCarthy who has always had a "proper" striker next to him and supply from Bentley and MGP all season.

so do you think martins has had a better season than all of the other strikers i mentioned before?

no as the rest in your list have been as good as martins for similar or different reasons.

il admitt martins has speed and power and is good with both feet but he doesnt have skill, an eye for goal and he isnt good in the air

you ever seen him play????

he has skill to hit a ball and can at times control it very well.

he takes shots and has scored from distance hence an eye from goal a

he is short and can still jump for the ball beating taller players and can head the ball well therefore good in the air

care to give me a good reason to agree with you?

ok so far all you have manged to do is prove my point you cant respond to all my post dont waste my time who do you support exactly?

you telling me you know a player that can permanently keep the ball never loose it every game?

get real

He has a point the 21/22 year old in his first team in a new league surrounded by and managed by shit should have done a lot better! Shite player and will end up at some tin pot clubs along his career like that JDT ;)

reply to all my post or go talk to the wall as I'm not picking a fight with someone who so far can only point out negatives in a players game and who obviously joined this board to argue with people.

Martins is a young talented player who with the right manager can go from strength to strength do you recon he would have done so "badly" if he has of been in a class side or he would have had better support than the rat, clarkie and terry mac.

I have never said the player was perfect but for a newbie he has done well.

my point is that martins, along with taylor, are decent players. BUT they are so overated by people on here and they are no-where near as good as what people on here make out.

so you join 3 days ago and suddenly know about this board so much do you?

yeah you did as it says in your profile and no you may not know where i live i dont fancy being stalked. Like i said you pick bits of peoples posts and then target that and so far you haven't said who you support and give me the chance to have a go at your team.

ok come back when

1- you tell me who you support

2- you grow up

3- you understand that when you reply to somone's post you reply to all of it and not just a little bit.

and just for your information born and bred from the toon

Just a word of advice from Mark Twain - "Never argue with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience."

a word of advice

from zogster - 'Dont talk unless i say you can talk.'

Jesus wept :lol:

Just a word of advice from Mark Twain - "Never argue with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience."

a word of advice

from zogster - 'Dont talk unless i say you can talk.'

Jesus wept :lol:

:lol:

Julio Baptista has failed to adjust to the Premiership without a shadow of a doubt. He was great at Sevilla whilst in La Liga, but flopped at Real Madrid, the biggest club in the Premiership.