Most exciting Toon player?

Guest Knightrider

Guest smoggeordie

Albert Luque, and i am not joking :lol:

Don't know why but i get over exicted whenever he's playing...the whole "forgotten man" and the 98 pages "Albert Luque" thread made him to most exicting player to follow in our team at the moment..

Before him was Shearer, a player who can score from any half chance he gets, was always nice to see him fight for every single ball with every ounce of power he had left..

Mate, give up on Luque, it's not even a joke anymore, it's just plain annoying.

Hmmmm - brilliant players and better than some on my list

but never that feeling that you were about to see something absolutley unbelievable conjured out of nowhere - the "sharp intake of breath" feeling

Bellamy when he played. That's only off the top of my head really...

I've only ever seen Newcastle at their 'best', when Bobby was here. I wasn't really old enough to understand it all in the Keegan era, and Bellars was definitely one of the most exciting players in the eleven, when he was out there.

N'Zogbia last season, aswell - great fun to watch.

Though all in all, i'm sure the likes of those two weren't a patch on Beardsley, and i can understand that.

Dyer when he first joined us.

Dyer was great at Ipswich but has never managed to live up to the expectations here! Constantly I mean...just too much of a roller coaster ride!

Zoggy was great and always so much fun to watch last season but this season...

I think Emre and Bellamy have been the most exciting players for us lately. And Parker's passion for tackles :)

Page 2 and no-one mentioned Tony Green yet!

My original favourite was Terry Hibbet, but I knew nought then really. Macdonald was impressive on one of his runs. (Like a steam train on bandy legs, no finesse.. pure power and determination.) 

I think Ginola probably conjured it up enough to always have an air of expectation about him whenever he got the ball. Beardsley was amazing too.

EDIT: Sods Law

Bellamy when he played. That's only off the top of my head really...

I've only ever seen Newcastle at their 'best', when Bobby was here. I wasn't really old enough to understand it all in the Keegan era, and Bellars was definitely one of the most exciting players in the eleven, when he was out there.

N'Zogbia last season, aswell - great fun to watch.

Though all in all, i'm sure the likes of those two weren't a patch on Beardsley, and i can understand that.

They werent anywhere near him. Shouldnt really be mentioned int eh same breath.

Exciting players include Gazza, Chrissy Waddle was unplayable on his day and imo a better player than Ginola and Robert by quite some distance. Beardsley obviously. Alan Shearer in his prime was exceptional and that level of talent in his position cant be anything other than exciting.

Having said that, Gazza v Tottenham; Ginola v Boro; Waddle v Man City/QPR and Beardsley v Norwich were outstanding performaces.

I got to the point with Waddle where I expected him to trip over the ball was just as likely as anything else. Hardly an exciting expectation. Ginola had far more range, Waddle just had a shoulder dip.. mind you it was almost uncanny how often it worked. :)

Waddle was more consistent. More pace and better striker of the ball. Both good players but Waddle had more variety to his all round game. Probably used fewer flicks but he was probably more likely to put a fullback on his arse than Ginola.

Probably splitting hairs about who had more talent but certainly Waddle had the more successful career individually.

Going back to the 70's, the magic of Tony Green takes some beating, quick, fast feet, he always excited the crowd, but for me it has to be jinky Jimmy smith..........A pure entertainer.

The crowd would wait for his innevitable nutmeg, then go home, happy.

Guest alex

Going back to the 70's, the magic of Tony Green takes some beating, quick, fast feet, he always excited the crowd, but for me it has to be jinky Jimmy smith..........A pure entertainer.

The crowd would wait for his innevitable nutmeg, then go home, happy.

I went to school and was good mates with Jinky Jim's stepson. Shite random fact there for you.