Luke Young

Cajun
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's a Nigerian international who would also only cost around £1m, with bags of European & Premiership experience, and at a good age (27ish) going if you're interested?

Youngest player ever to play in the champions league wasn't he? Think how good he must be!

Guest nufc 4 life

add a poll pleae. I have a friend who has a season ticket at Charlton and he thinks Luke Young should be stayin in the EPl and for 2m i think he is right.

Is there a link btw want to know your source lol

Guest Darth Toon

A yes for me - decent solid, if unspectacular, right back. Him and Baines would be a massive improvement on any of the myriad combinations we've seen this season!

Keep Nobby for cover, fuck Carr off to MLS - fat knacker will fit right in over there.

Guest kingdawson

2 Million for Young?? You should bite there hands off. Young was a very good, raw young (no pun intended) talent and was only sold because of the form of Steven Carr. He's grown as a player whilst at Charlton and is a very good defender.

£2m is well worth it. No World-beater by any stretch of the imagination but a massive improvement for not much dosh. Experienced in the Premier League, and a good attitude from what i've seen.

I'd rather Solano and Taylor cover the position next season, and hope we're able to prioritise buying a top right-back the following year. He isn't an improvement on what we have.

Wrong, but i agree with the rest of it. I won't be too fussed if our concentration on more pressing needs means not bringing in another right-back. It isn't really a problem area at the moment.

Difference here, is that he is so cheap. Worth a punt for sure.

He's not on a free, £2m could yet be a significant part of our transfer budget, and we have an endless list of other areas that need strengthening.

Would anyone really like to see Young start ahead of Solano? If not, is he two million pounds worth better than Carr as backup? Is he going to be happy with sitting on the bench for a year? When Solano goes back to South America, is he going to be good enough as first choice for a team with top 4 ambitions? I'd say no to all questions.

I think people are rating him on the days he was in the England team. He hasn't been near that form for a while. If we have the budget to bring him in as a backup and then ship out Carr then yes. If we don't have the budget then no.

He'd be worth that imo. It'd also mean we had the option of playing Solano in midfield if we wanted to, which would give us something different there. I'm not sure I'd stretch to much over the £2m bracket though.

Im sure we could flog Carr to one of the newly promoted clubs for £500k or so. Sunderland seem to be linked with everyone these days, has the Irish connection aswell ;)

Im sure we could flog Carr to one of the newly promoted clubs for £500k or so. Sunderland seem to be linked with everyone these days, has the Irish connection aswell ;)

The only flaw in your proposition is the fact Roy Keane actually has eyes.  :lol:

Being touted today for £2m, anyone take him for that? Certainly an improvement on Carr (imo) and £2m isn't a vast amount of money.

mackems.gif

i hope you're laughing at the £2m thing, because he is without doubt better than Carr, by dint of not being a fucking shithouse.

He is laughing because he doesn't really have anything clever to say. Its starting to become a bit of a theme with HTL, I reckon he has probably just posted that smiley a couple of hundred times.

He is laughing because he doesn't really have anything clever to say. Its starting to become a bit of a theme with HTL, I reckon he has probably just posted that smiley a couple of hundred times.

Ah, i see. I thought for one horrific moment that he thought that Carr was a competent right back. Although, in fairnedd, having nothing clever to say woudl be the least of his worries if he thought that. He'd be far too concerned with rocking back and forward drooling, and waiting for the nurse to come with his next meds.

Being touted today for £2m, anyone take him for that? Certainly an improvement on Carr (imo) and £2m isn't a vast amount of money.

mackems.gif

i hope you're laughing at the £2m thing, because he is without doubt better than Carr, by dint of not being a fucking shithouse.

I'm laughing because even though he may be better than Carr this is either an indication of how much expectations have fallen since Souness or is an indication of a lack of football knowledge on the part of the person who started the thread.

It's probably a combination of both, tbh. Young is a very, very average footballer from what I've seen.

I'm laughing at you, actually.

mackems.gif

I'm laughing because even though he may be better than Carr this is either an indication of how much expectations have fallen since Souness or is an indication of a lack of football knowledge on the part of the person who started the thread.

It's probably a combination of both, tbh. Young is a very, very average footballer from what I've seen.

And we have no even average right backs, really.