The Adriano Dilemma

KaKa

Everyday we here about top strikers who will be moving this summer but still no mention of Adriano.

This fella has dissapeared of the face of the Earth it seems. He has fallen out of favour at Inter and isn't anywhere near the first team as Crespo, Ibrahimovic and Cruz are tro top dogs. It seems he has lost his way a little bit.

The big question is who will take the risk on this fella? He is still only 25 years old for goodness sake! The problem is he still has enough of a reputation which alone will mean a substantial fee will need to be paid, but with the investment we are expecting this might no longer be a problem, and if handled right Adriano could still be an absolute beast of a striker. Yes, he is very left footed, but his power, pace and shooting are unbelievable. One of the closest things out there to a traditional old school target man in the Shearer or Drogba mould.

If Roeder was in charge I wouldn't even bother contemplating us going anywhere near this guy, however we are fortunate to have a pretty special manager who excels at getting the best out of top players who have lost their way a bit and so I think Adriano might be a very worthwhile pursuit. Particularly if Allardyce intends to build a team which plays the 4-3-3 system he had at Bolton, as a fit and motivated Adriano would be perfect as the target man in this system.

The question is, is Adriano worth the risk? And for let's say a price of £12million would you have him at Newcastle?

Hmm I can kinda see where your coming from regarding Roeder and Allardyce being able to 'sort players out' but I just think we've targeted and bought players like this before and this exactly the sort of player we should be avoiding. I'd rather get someone reliable, maybe McBride perhaps to be the target man in the system you talk about. With Gudjohnsen just behind.

So, no I wouldn't want him at Newcastle.

Doubt we could get him anyway. His stats in Pro Evo don't reflect his current form sadly.

I wont play against Brazil or Inter on Pro-Evo because of HIM.

I think he'd be good in the Premiership and Inter would probably wanna cash in on him.

Guest gggg

Yeah lets sign a out of favour striker for a massive fee and that'll solve all our problems, why did noone think of this before.

He's fat, slow and is slowley losing his form

Actually met him back in january when Inter were on a tour in my country..he scored twice against my national team and was class that night, then again its my national team were talking about.

I think it will be VERY hard for us to get him, if he wants out of Inter i am sure alot of clubs will be intrested in him, with good training and some hard work from him he can be a pretty good player to have in your team, but then again we are Newcastle and when was the last time we actually turned a player from bad to good.

I was awe-struck by him when he hit that amazing run of form with Inter, but since then he seems to have been in one of the biggest slumps in form I have ever seen. He is strong and has an amazing shot on him, but the fact he is so left footed makes him very predictable to astute defenders, just force him onto his right and your sorted.

His private life is also very worrying, he is a notorious party animal, regually turns up to training hungover and if rumours are correct he was spotted in a nightclub at 2am on the day Inter were playing Juve in the 05-06 season. It was also reported on the C4 website that he beat the shit out of an American basketball player in a milanese nightclub a month or so ago.

Other Brazillians have had this problem, like Ronaldinho who at PSG regually missed training due to his partying, but he managed to sort him self out and get focused on his football. Whether Adriano could do the same remains to be seen.

His price tag would be too big for the risk involved.

Save the fee for a player in form. As has been suggested he probably wouldn't come here and if he did do we need a player who needs his confidence rebuilding?

We need players who can slot in quickly and deliver. Talking about in form strickers I just watched Valencia vs Villareal, Forlan sored a great goal (not spectacular great but clever great). It was his 16th of the season and I recall he has said in the past he would like to have another try in the Prem. I'd be happy if we signed him.

The sheer amount of cash we'd be committing to this transfer would be mind-blowing. A ridiculous transfer fee, signing-on fee, basic wage and bonus system would be a given and the risk we'd be taking would be vast. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Canny player but definitely on the way down. 

Save the fee for a player in form. As has been suggested he probably wouldn't come here and if he did do we need a player who needs his confidence rebuilding?

No 'in form' player of Adriano's quality is going to come anywhere near Newcastle, though. As long as the fee isn't extortionate i'd go all out to get him.

We need players who can slot in quickly and deliver. Talking about in form strickers I just watched Valencia vs Villareal, Forlan sored a great goal (not spectacular great but clever great). It was his 16th of the season and I recall he has said in the past he would like to have another try in the Prem. I'd be happy if we signed him.

Never rated Forlan too highly, just a guy with a very powerful shot really. He's Martins basically, only without the pace and the potential to improve his first touch as he gets older.

I think Adriano would be worth a punt tbh, as if he started playing well again he'd be an ideal target man type up front which, something I believe Allardyce will be looking to add.

Not entirely impossible we'd have a chance at getting him either if Inter want to sell and we're interested, as I can't see the really top clubs taking a risk on him.

Not sure Inter will be keen to sell though tbh.

Guest Johan

Lets start by building up a core of problem free players in the mold of Speed, Shearer, Taylor, Given etc. getting rid of the bad apples like Dyer, Baba and the likes. After that Sam can do his magic and rescue the careers of the misunderstood. If the culture is professional they would have to adopt to that, right now we have a circus-culture here and Adriano wouldnt really help put that straight.

Never rated Forlan too highly, just a guy with a very powerful shot really. He's Martins basically, only without the pace and the potential to improve his first touch as he gets older.

I think Adriano would be worth a punt tbh, as if he started playing well again he'd be an ideal target man type up front which, something I believe Allardyce will be looking to add.

Not entirely impossible we'd have a chance at getting him either if Inter want to sell and we're interested, as I can't see the really top clubs taking a risk on him.

Not sure Inter will be keen to sell though tbh.

I think that's unfair assesment of Forlan. IMO he's got good movement, he's hardworking, and know's where the goal is (though never showed that at Man U). He's improved whilst playing in La liga. Currently in the scoring charts ahead of the likes of the  highly rated Villa and Torres. He was the top scorer the year before last.

Regarding Adriano figures of £40M-£45M were being banded about a season ago, even off form I couldn't see him move for less than £15M-£20M. Thats just too much money for us for a player who may recapture past form and thus save us millions by buying relatively cheaply or he could go the other way meaning we lose on another transfer. Too much risk taking into account we may not have huge a transfer budget (Ashley may change that but nothing is certain) and we need our thin squad strenghtening in other areas.

Lets start by building up a core of problem free players in the mold of Speed, Shearer, Taylor, Given etc. getting rid of the bad apples like Dyer, Baba and the likes. After that Sam can do his magic and rescue the careers of the misunderstood. If the culture is professional they would have to adopt to that, right now we have a circus-culture here and Adriano wouldnt really help put that straight.

Good points.

Been off form for too long for that price.

Riquelme was the same and he ended up on loan at Boca, Adriano is vastly over rated partly because he's Brazilian. I think he has what it takes to be a good player in the premiership. I have no idea if he'd come here but i remember when i suggested trying to get Tevez i was basically laughed at and a week later he was at West Ham, I dont think he come here but there's no harm in trying to get him on loan with an option to buy him, Worst Inter can say in No.