Oba AWOL again

lovejoy

Stupid post tbh..People here still think Ameobi is a decent player and Luque is s***.

Not sure about on here but in person I don't know anyone who thinks Ameobi is good, but thats beside the point, I know loads of peeps who were hating him, Babayaro, Martins etc all before they even had a chance. I'm not actually advocating any position of this, just always seems to me people are much quicker to demonise black players at newcastle, I don't mean to imply that every person who criticise's him is racist though.

Personally I've found his behaviour a bit disapointing recently, especially since I've argued his case  in the past with certain friends who've written him from day 1, I'd prefer for him to be given a chance to redeem himself if he's of the mind rather than just screaming for him to be sold before we've heard anything from him.

Its not because of their skin colour, its because of the fact that most black players who played here recently have been shit (aside from Martins, he might have an attitude problem but his peformence has been fairly decent), if i am going to list the black players who played in Newcastle in the last 2 years it will go something like : Bramble, Faye, Ameobi, Babayaro, Boumsong, and so on..don't forget that some toon legends like Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand were black.

At the moment, its not an issue of race, its the fact that every single player in our team last season has faced criticism (besides Tim Krul and Andy Carroll), even and almost every player in our current team is considerd either (shit) or (overated) by some of the people here, so of course the likes of Martins and Babayaro will be on the list with the likes of Carr and Ramage.

Some of the posts in this thread are unreal. It's blatantly obvious that some of you are Olivers sheep, basically know f*** all and live on a diet of back page s*** from the chronicle.

Other than the Watford game what has Martins done thats been out of order, because all this about him being a waste of space is news to me.

I've seen enough of Martins this season to tell you he's not a £10million player. His attitude shown in the last ten games was a disgrace, culminating in his no show at Watford.

We'd have been passing the mackems on the way up if it wasn't for him so i think he deserves a chance, hasn't exactly been surrounded by class this season has he, and I'm not just on about him being up front on his jack jones

Some of the posts in this thread are unreal. It's blatantly obvious that some of you are Olivers sheep, basically know f*** all and live on a diet of back page s*** from the chronicle.

Other than the Watford game what has Martins done thats been out of order, because all this about him being a waste of space is news to me.

I've seen enough of Martins this season to tell you he's not a £10million player. His attitude shown in the last ten games was a disgrace, culminating in his no show at Watford.

We'd have been passing the mackems on the way up if it wasn't for him so i think he deserves a chance, hasn't exactly been surrounded by class this season has he, and I'm not just on about him being up front on his jack jones

Exactly.

People need to stand back from things every now and then to see the bigger picture. Hes done great in his 1st season and this coming season he'll be even better. Hes settled in the area, got to know the team, the language and hopefully he'll have a lot more quality playing around him next season with support up front too.

But oh no, he was a little hit and miss in the last 5 games so LETS SELL HIM! ........Jesus Christ, impatient knuckleheaded knee jerking morons. Patience is what this club has rarely had and so desperately needs. If you have none then I sincerely hope you go elsewhere......

Exactly.

People need to stand back from things every now and then to see the bigger picture. Hes done great in his 1st season and this coming season he'll be even better. Hes settled in the area, got to know the team, the language and hopefully he'll have a lot more quality playing around him next season with support up front too.

But oh no, he was a little hit and miss in the last 5 games so LETS SELL HIM! ........Jesus Christ, impatient knuckleheaded knee jerking morons. Patience is what this club has rarely had and so desperately needs. If you have none then I sincerely hope you go elsewhere......

Agreed. I wish some people had a bit more patience. Some things take time.

Exactly.

As someone who doesn't fawn over Martins (yet), I have to agree with this stance on things as well. We cannot judge the lad on one season (a decent one as well) and one dodgy day (Watford). The bloke didn't cry off once during the season when he must have felt like it on a few occasions, he wore the hardest shirt at the club and managed 17 goals in it, playing in a seriously sub-standard injury-hit team with an incompetent manager and coaching staff. Last season was surely our hardest Premiership season to date, was it not?

I for one hope he gets the chance to play in a decent team, under a decent manager and with a decent atmosphere around the city. People forget the impact our crowd/public can have on proceedings. It must have been very, very hard to be Oba Martins at times last season with the pressure on/off the pitch. People shouldn't look beyond that. He played almost every bloody game and must have felt like tearing his hair out at times, both with frustration at himself AND his team-mates.

Same goes for Owen, we HAVE to try and keep the pair of them. Oba's been nowt but professional with us before the Watford thing, which nobody knows the real details of and which came at a very, very turbulent time for the club.

Exactly.

As someone who doesn't fawn over Martins (yet), I have to agree with this stance on things as well. We cannot judge the lad on one season (a decent one as well) and one dodgy day (Watford). The bloke didn't cry off once during the season when he must have felt like it on a few occasions, he wore the hardest shirt at the club and managed 17 goals in it, playing in a seriously sub-standard injury-hit team with an incompetent manager and coaching staff. Last season was surely our hardest Premiership season to date, was it not?

I for one hope he gets the chance to play in a decent team, under a decent manager and with a decent atmosphere around the city. People forget the impact our crowd/public can have on proceedings. It must have been very, very hard to be Oba Martins at times last season with the pressure on/off the pitch. People shouldn't look beyond that. He played almost every bloody game and must have felt like tearing his hair out at times, both with frustration at himself AND his team-mates.

Same goes for Owen, we HAVE to try and keep the pair of them. Oba's been nowt but professional with us before the Watford thing, which nobody knows the real details of and which came at a very, very turbulent time for the club.

Someone mentioned a comment from Shepherd saying Oba explained it, it was all a misunderstanding and everything was sorted but I haven't actually seen the link.

But then its not like people on here to jump on the faintest hint of negativity and use it as fact despite not actually knowing whats going on.

Even then, how can we know that's what happened? Do you trust Freddy Shepherd? :lol:

I saw that story when it came out, but I'll be fucked if I start 100% believing what Shepherd tells the press. Nobody apart from Oba and the players/staff know what happened. Didn't Pearson/someone at the club say that Oba wasn't happy being selected on the bench behind Owen/Shola and decided he'd rather not go at all, before the Shepherd interview? He could have been simply protecting an asset of the club in a piece of good business.

Congratulations on picking the most nitpicky/academic part out of a post I thought you of all people would agree with, mind, you utter fucker ;D

EDIT: I wouldn't even blame Oba for doing what he supposedly/maybe/might have did/done, mind, I'm not trying to have a go at him. Even if he was in the wrong on that weekend, it was the first time he has been since he joined - probably.

Even then, how can we know that's what happened? Do you trust Freddy Shepherd? :lol:

I saw that story when it came out, but I'll be fucked if I start 100% believing what Shepherd tells the press. Nobody apart from Oba and the players/staff know what happened. Didn't Pearson/someone at the club say that Oba wasn't happy being selected on the bench behind Owen/Shola and decided he'd rather not go at all, before the Shepherd interview? He could have been simply protecting an asset of the club in a piece of good business.

Congratulations on picking the most nitpicky/academic part out of a post I thought you of all people would agree with, mind, you utter fucker ;D

EDIT: I wouldn't even blame Oba for doing what he supposedly/maybe/might have did/done, mind, I'm not trying to have a go at him. Even if he was in the wrong on that weekend, it was the first time he has been since he joined - probably.

Sorry it just brought up a point of something that really fucks me off, people who on one hand won't believe the media at all but on the other if it suites their argument use the same media source as fact.

it wasn't a dig at you btw it was a dig at those "fed up with his attitude problems, hopes he fucks off" types.

Fairly insensitive though, you must admit, after that post of mine which was completely pro-Martins for the future.  :undecided:

In the post I did simply say "dodgy day" as well, I didn't say anything about it being a fact that he did what he was accused of and if anything I was sticking up for the lad as obviously we don't know what actually happened and he might be completely innocent. This Nigeria stuff is dodgy as well, mind, but I'd be glad if he never played for 'em again and he kept himself for us.

EDIT: Just seen your little addition there Jon, no worries at all.

And Vic, I actually hope you're wrong, unless someone offers us silly money for him.

Fairly insensitive though, you must admit, after that post of mine which was completely pro-Martins for the future.  :undecided:

In the post I did simply say "dodgy day" as well, I didn't say anything about it being a fact that he did what he was accused of and if anything I was sticking up for the lad as obviously we don't know what actually happened and he might be completely innocent. This Nigeria stuff is dodgy as well, mind, but I'd be glad if he never played for 'em again and he kept himself for us.

Read my edited post, it wasn't aimed at you I was just picking up on the point you raised :)

Edit Oh you saw  :frantic: :laugh:

Read my edited post, it wasn't aimed at you I was just picking up on the point you raised :)

Edit Oh you saw  :frantic: :laugh:

Was just about to reply there... what a muddle. Pair of dumplings.

Well it is being reported that his future here is safe and him being missing from the Nigeria camp will have no barring on how he does here. He has already sat down in a meeting with Big Sam and explained what happend at the Watford game and it is all sorted with Sam telling Oba he is a big part of his plans for next season..

Guest skhwoody

Stupid post tbh..People here still think Ameobi is a decent player and Luque is s***.

Not sure about on here but in person I don't know anyone who thinks Ameobi is good, but thats beside the point, I know loads of peeps who were hating him, Babayaro, Martins etc all before they even had a chance. I'm not actually advocating any position of this, just always seems to me people are much quicker to demonise black players at newcastle, I don't mean to imply that every person who criticise's him is racist though.

Personally I've found his behaviour a bit disapointing recently, especially since I've argued his case  in the past with certain friends who've written him from day 1, I'd prefer for him to be given a chance to redeem himself if he's of the mind rather than just screaming for him to be sold before we've heard anything from him.

What has skin colour have to do with anything, if a player is substandard then he has to shape up or ship out, no matter what his background is, the demonisation of players is down to their ability and nothing to do with race, i find it quite offensive that it is brought up in these circumstances.

Guest elbee909

Martins just sounds a bit dizzy, really.  Doubt there's any malice involved, just a bit of a silly twonk.  Anyone calling for him to go, if they're also thinking Barton might be a good buy, needs some sort of help.

Guest Deep456

Try swap him for Huntalaar? Add a bit of cash to the mix like £4milion. Maybe we will get him.

Give me a second, i'll see if it works on Football Manager ;) ffs

Well? I mean it has to. Huntalaar is valued at about £16million. Atm Martins is about £13m+£4m =£17million.

Try swap him for Huntalaar? Add a bit of cash to the mix like £4milion. Maybe we will get him.

Well? I mean it has to. Huntalaar is valued at about £16million. Atm Martins is about £13m+£4m =£17million.

You reckon?

Aye thats EXACTLY how it works :lol:

Update: Reports from Nigeria now claim that Martins has made contact by telephone and is expected to link up with his international colleagues sometime today.

Wonder how many Blackburn fans want rid of McCarthy btw?