Nani

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh not this f****** tedious bollocks about big clubs again, who gives a f***. No-one will ever admit their club is smaller or whatever even if it's obvious which BTW I don't think is the case with us and the Spurs of this world, potentially aye, but all in all there isn't a great deal that separates many clubs. One thing I do know which is more important, we are f****** miles behind the real big clubs and that's embarrassing, as are these daft big club bollocks s***.

I don't accept that.

My point ANYWAY, was this Nani, he see's the toon in for him, a club clearly on the up, with a fan base Spurs could only dream of (in good time and bad), in for him, paying great wages surrounded by good attacking players like Martins and Owen, and with the likelyhood of many more to come, against a club who can't hold on to their best players (Berbatov. Carrick), who have NEVER qualified for the CL in a small stadium in front of some of the most passionless fans in Britain.  Hard fuckin choice.  4FS.

If only it were that simple. But it isn't.

For one thing, Spurs are in London which gives them a massive advantage in attracting players over clubs in the rest of the country. Now half the league has billionaire backers, can afford anyone they like, and can offer big wages, that is one factor that is going to play a big role in attracting players, especially foreign ones.

Oh, and CoachHTT is absolutely spot on with his post above.

I know but we're Newcastle United and they're Tottenham mate.  The London thing comes in to play with Arsenal and Chelsea definitely, but players at your middle of the road clubs, Spurs/West Ham etc... have never had a problem moving to bigger nothern clubs in the past mate.

The bigger northern clubs thing is a fair point, but what that actually means is Liverpool and Man United, who are both amongst the most successful clubs in the world.

I honestly think players these days care about two things - 1. themselves and 2. winning things. If there's a decent chance of doing point 2 at any one of a bunch of clubs, but at one club they get to live in one of the four or five best cities in the world, then a good proportion of them will go for the London club.

That's why West Ham will punch above their weight too. Galling though it is to admit it, they can offer the London lifestyle.

Exactly Baggio

The kid is 21 years of age and it's a bank holiday and he's here.  Weekends ye sign on any time he's here.  Now it might not be the kids fault he's got no life, but why does he have to spend it here.  I guarantee now, 80% of the regular posters on here have a more indepth knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur than him.  I see his posts sometimes and I think "what d ye want ya daft cunt", and I bet I'm not alone.

Exactly Baggio

The kid is 21 years of age and it's a bank holiday and he's here.  Weekends ye sign on any time he's here.  Now it might not be the kids fault he's got no life, but why does he have to spend it here.  I guarantee now, 80% of the regular posters on here have a more indepth knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur than him.  I see his posts sometimes and I think "what d ye want ya daft cunt", and I bet I'm not alone.

You sure he's 21?

Exactly Baggio

The kid is 21 years of age and it's a bank holiday and he's here.  Weekends ye sign on any time he's here.  Now it might not be the kids fault he's got no life, but why does he have to spend it here.   I guarantee now, 80% of the regular posters on here have a more indepth knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur than him.  I see his posts sometimes and I think "what d ye want ya daft c***", and I bet I'm not alone.

You sure he's 21?

No I'm guessing.

Exactly Baggio

The kid is 21 years of age and it's a bank holiday and he's here.  Weekends ye sign on any time he's here.  Now it might not be the kids fault he's got no life, but why does he have to spend it here.   I guarantee now, 80% of the regular posters on here have a more indepth knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur than him.  I see his posts sometimes and I think "what d ye want ya daft cunt", and I bet I'm not alone.

You sure he's 21?

I think he got the numbers mixed up.

Guest kingdawson

Exactly Baggio

The kid is 21 years of age and it's a bank holiday and he's here.  Weekends ye sign on any time he's here.  Now it might not be the kids fault he's got no life, but why does he have to spend it here.   I guarantee now, 80% of the regular posters on here have a more indepth knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur than him.  I see his posts sometimes and I think "what d ye want ya daft c***", and I bet I'm not alone.

Hence you pm'ing me 10 times being a prat.

Guest Triglett

I wasn't going to bother, but some of the stuff I've read on here has been pretty pathetic. I've read countless posts saying you'd give an awful lot to finish 5th. Your board didn't act like the UEFA Cup was a nothing competition when you were participating in it last season, and the upset and dissapointment when you got knocked out certainly didn't reflect those views. You can't brag about finishing 4th (in a far less competitive climate) a good few years ago, and then discount cups and trophies won by Spurs. TBH, I can understand it, as you expect any fan to defend their club...but the fact that this is so often debated by Spurs and Newcastle alike, suggests that it's a lot closer than both sets of fans choose to believe. Ask a neutral, and I'm sure it won't be as clear cut as you think.

Exactly Baggio

and what did I say in those PM's which were weeks ago I may add?

Guest kingdawson

Exactly Baggio

You sure he's 21?

No I'm guessing.

Stop lying you complete prat. You pm'd me asking how old i was. You also knew where in London i live which i found completly frightening and weird. Want me to copy and paste the pm Stevie???

Exactly Baggio

The kid is 21 years of age and it's a bank holiday and he's here.  Weekends ye sign on any time he's here.  Now it might not be the kids fault he's got no life, but why does he have to spend it here.  I guarantee now, 80% of the regular posters on here have a more indepth knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur than him.  I see his posts sometimes and I think "what d ye want ya daft c***", and I bet I'm not alone.

and what did I say in those PM's which were weeks ago I may add?

"Baby, I'm a closet Spurs supporter. I supported the boys since I was 4 and haven't looked back. Keep it quiet though, don't want the lads to know." ?

Guest kingdawson

Kingdawson doesn't care about how many fans are in the stadium because he can't see them on teletext.

And as Stevie has said, the Uefa cup is a joke, your lot still get giddy over being in it since last season was the first time you qualified for it through the league in over 20 years, when you have been in Europe 7 times in 10 years including the CL you will realise how pointless the Uefa cup is.

Still, enjoy your moment in the spotlight.

Europe >>>>> carling cup 3rd round

Yes, we'll play one game extra in the Carling cup while you lot play 10 games in a substandard competition only to get knocked out against the first decent team you come up against, as you did in all the cup competitions last season.

On a side note why is Kingdawson still even on this forum? Has any of the mod's ever thought it's pricks like him that have made the forum so s**** recently?

I have nothing against fans of other teams posting on here, Brummie, 1878, Spectrum, Rafa and Martin Jol at least bring decent footie knowledge to the site, this lad knows f*** all and acts like a t*** at every turn.

Because you pm'd me on Glory Glory telling me to come back, directing me to the new site.

Not once have i ever started this big club debate, i just react when something is written about spurs so stop complaining.

I act like a t***? says a guy that continuously goes on about the fact that i dont have a season ticket at the lane whenever the opportunity arises. Your pathetic

Actually it was to toontastic because this forum was down, everyone wondered where you were after telling us how you would hammer us at your ground, surprise surprise though as you didn't sign up.

I don't care if you don't have a season ticket, my main problem with you would rather hang around here gloating when your own team is playing.

Honestly lad you're a tit, you know f*** all about football and you can't even spell, the only problem I find replying to one of your posts is I soon get dragged down to your level of petty tit for tat.

This is exactly what i dont like.

1) Show me an example of me gloating (and not when i first arrived here)

2) Stop trying to take the morale high road when 99% of times its you thats replying to one of my posts. Youve always got something to say, even when it dosent concern you.

Kingdawson doesn't care about how many fans are in the stadium because he can't see them on teletext.

And as Stevie has said, the Uefa cup is a joke, your lot still get giddy over being in it since last season was the first time you qualified for it through the league in over 20 years, when you have been in Europe 7 times in 10 years including the CL you will realise how pointless the Uefa cup is.

Yes, we'll play one game extra in the Carling cup while you lot play 10 games in a substandard competition only to get knocked out against the first decent team you come up against, as you did in all the cup competitions last season.

On a side note why is Kingdawson still even on this forum? Has any of the mod's ever thought it's pricks like him that have made the forum so s**** recently?

I have nothing against fans of other teams posting on here, Brummie, 1878, Spectrum, Rafa and Martin Jol at least bring decent footie knowledge to the site, this lad knows f*** all and acts like a t*** at every turn.

Because you pm'd me on Glory Glory telling me to come back, directing me to the new site.

Not once have i ever started this big club debate, i just react when something is written about spurs so stop complaining.

I act like a t***? says a guy that continuously goes on about the fact that i dont have a season ticket at the lane whenever the opportunity arises. Your pathetic

Actually it was to toontastic because this forum was down, everyone wondered where you were after telling us how you would hammer us at your ground, surprise surprise though as you didn't sign up.

I don't care if you don't have a season ticket, my main problem with you would rather hang around here gloating when your own team is playing.

Honestly lad you're a tit, you know f*** all about football and you can't even spell, the only problem I find replying to one of your posts is I soon get dragged down to your level of petty tit for tat.

2) Stop trying to take the morale high road when 99% of times its you thats replying to one of my posts. Youve always got something to say, even when it dosent concern you.

I'm not even going to waste my time searching for things, that's not to say I'm making it up before you suggest it because the majority of people on here know what you're like, although if you were to say you would fuck off and not come back if I could find an example then I'd happily search and find one, as I said getting into a debate with you ends up with me getting dragged down to your know nowt level, I'll let you have the final word on the whole subject.

Guest kingdawson

I'm not even going to waste my time searching for things, that's not to say I'm making it up before you suggest it because the majority of people on here know what you're like, although if you were to say you would f*** off and not come back if I could find an example then I'd happily search and find one, as I said getting into a debate with you ends up with me getting dragged down to your know nowt level, I'll let you have the final word on the whole subject.

Yet you continuously do it :idiot2: :idiot2:.

You know what Baggio you lame, im willing to take you up on your little offer(just to prove that like stevie your full of shite). If you can come up with examples when im gloating when either

a) no one has pushed me to do so

b) Not during the months when i joined this site

c) its apparant that im joking

you'll not see me around here for a month.

Here lads, take it to PM please.

There was a mint thread about someone called Nani here a few hours ago. MINT.

I've never seen the lad play, personally.

Nani (full name Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha) (b. 17 November 1986 in Amadora) is a Portuguese football (soccer) midfielder, currently plays for Sporting Clube de Portugal.

Football career

Nani started his career at his local club Real de Massamá on the outskirts of Lisbon before joining Sporting Clube de Portugal youth system. He broke into Sporting's first team at 18 years of age, scoring 6 goals in his debut season.[citation needed] Nani started the 2006/2007 season with two goals in Sporting's first two matches and another on his international debut for Portugal, producing a man-of-the-match display against Denmark.[citation needed]

Nani has indicated a desire to play for Manchester United, telling the Daily Mirror that he will "only leave Portugal to play for a club like United," and further saying that "the Premiership is spectacular and to be the next Cristiano [Ronaldo] would be a dream".[1] However, it has been reported that Nani has signed a new six-year contract with Sporting, with a release clause set at €30m (£20million).[2] However, some have questioned the validity of these reports,[3] as the Sporting official web site has made no mention of Nani's supposed new contract. On 25 May 2007 Tottenham Hotspur are one of the clubs believed to be interested in striking a deal for Nani, although Nani clearly indicated a desire to play for Manchester United.

I wasn't going to bother, but some of the stuff I've read on here has been pretty pathetic. I've read countless posts saying you'd give an awful lot to finish 5th. Your board didn't act like the UEFA Cup was a nothing competition when you were participating in it last season, and the upset and dissapointment when you got knocked out certainly didn't reflect those views. You can't brag about finishing 4th (in a far less competitive climate) a good few years ago, and then discount cups and trophies won by Spurs. TBH, I can understand it, as you expect any fan to defend their club...but the fact that this is so often debated by Spurs and Newcastle alike, suggests that it's a lot closer than both sets of fans choose to believe. Ask a neutral, and I'm sure it won't be as clear cut as you think.

Being gutted about getting knocked out of the Uefa cup doesn't mean we still don't class it as a nothing competition, the same way as the majority of Spurs fans think the Carling cup is a nothing competition yet were gutted when you got knocked out last season, the fact is with the Uefa cup you have to play about a dozen games before you come up against anyone decent in the knock outs, in our last 3 Uefa cup campaigns I'd guess we've played 30ish games and only lost 3 match, and we've been shite for the majority of that time, that tells you the standard of the football in that competition.

As for Spurs finishing 5th, It doesn't bother me as I don't see you as good enough to catch the top 4, finishing 5th is a good achievement but you're no better than Bolton or Everton IMO, apart from the top 4 there are another 5 or 6 teams who are around the same level. We on the other hand have been awful, I don't think anyone will deny that yet what most of us believe with a good manager we stand a chance of cracking the top 4 again.

If this takeover does go through then we'll stand a better chance of cracking the top 4 under Allardyce than you will under Jol IMO, you may not agree with it or the opinion of Spurs as a club but I couldn't really care, if you don't like the opinions of Newcastle fans then don't read the forum.

I'm not even going to waste my time searching for things, that's not to say I'm making it up before you suggest it because the majority of people on here know what you're like, although if you were to say you would f*** off and not come back if I could find an example then I'd happily search and find one, as I said getting into a debate with you ends up with me getting dragged down to your know nowt level, I'll let you have the final word on the whole subject.

You know what Baggio you lame, im willing to take you up on your little offer(just to prove that like stevie your full of s****). If you can come up with examples when im gloating when either

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=32967.0

Here you go Kingdawson, your "Only 48,000" thread which you started over 4 months after you first joined the site.

Goodbye.

Guest kingdawson

You know what Baggio you lame, im willing to take you up on your little offer(just to prove that like stevie your full of s****). If you can come up with examples when im gloating when either

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=32967.0

Here you go Kingdawson, your "Only 48,000" thread which you started over 4 months after you first joined the site.

Goodbye.

sorry that falls under criteria number 2. Nice try though

sorry that falls under criteria number 2. Nice try though

This fella has got more clause's than Mickey Owen.

Guest Triglett

Being gutted about getting knocked out of the Uefa cup doesn't mean we still don't class it as a nothing competition, the same way as the majority of Spurs fans think the Carling cup is a nothing competition yet were gutted when you got knocked out last season, the fact is with the Uefa cup you have to play about a dozen games before you come up against anyone decent in the knock outs, in our last 3 Uefa cup campaigns I'd guess we've played 30ish games and only lost 3 match, and we've been s**** for the majority of that time, that tells you the standard of the football in that competition.

As for Spurs finishing 5th, It doesn't bother me as I don't see you as good enough to catch the top 4, finishing 5th is a good achievement but you're no better than Bolton or Everton IMO, apart from the top 4 there are another 5 or 6 teams who are around the same level. We on the other hand have been awful, I don't think anyone will deny that yet what most of us believe with a good manager we stand a chance of cracking the top 4 again.

If this takeover does go through then we'll stand a better chance of cracking the top 4 under Allardyce than you will under Jol IMO, you may not agree with it or the opinion of Spurs as a club but I couldn't really care, if you don't like the opinions of Newcastle fans then don't read the forum.

That doesn't really make sense. How could you feel any emotion about something you clearly value so very little? Just think about that one. I reckon that most football fans, never mind Spurs fans, would be happy for them to win the Carling Cup. Man Utd certainly didn't seem too embarassed about enjoying their triumph the season before last. TBH, I think you (Newcastle fans as a whole) would feel the same. I personally think there's still more glory in winning a cup than finishing 4th. Maybe not money, but that's not what football's supposed to be about.

It's all about opinions really, although some are very clearly formed by bias. I've no doubt that mine are to an extent, but I'm equally sure that your's are too - both towards Newcastle, and against Spurs. We've finished 5th for two seasons in a row now (one of which we really should have finished 4th), which I'd view as a sign that we're on a higher level than those below us - especially when you consider that we had to play, what, an extra 15 games or so more than the likes of Everton and Bolton this season. Then I think there's a very clear difference in the quality of players at Spurs, and the amount of them we have (again, this may be bias speaking) - the likes of Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Lennon, Zokora, King, Chimbonda, and even Jenas, would walk into virtually every team below us.

I don't think it is as glaringly obvious as you seem to make out, that you suddenly will have a chance of cracking the top 4 under Allardyce. And I'm not sure why Jol is regarded as being an inferior manager - in fact, if you look at his achievements in Holland, he did a very similar job, taking clubs of similar stature to Bolton up a league and eventually challenging for Europe, as well as winning a cup or two along the way - and then turning Spurs, a club who'd finished 14th before he took over, into an established top 5-6 club, leading us to our highest ever finish in the league, qualifying for Europe for the first time in donkeys, building a quality squad that can think about challenging for the top spots, and becoming serious competitors in the cups.

Personally, I don't mind your opinions, although I don't particularly like it when you take it as fact that Newcastle are a bigger club than Spurs. I didn't do it before, but very shortly: some players do choose us over you (I know that Malbranque did, while it was reported that Chimbonda and Berbatov too). You have larger attendances simply because your stadium is bigger - I don't think it'll be too long before our stadium issue is resolved and WHL is considerably expanded. Using a site which was posted here only a few days back (http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2006/490/), it seems as if we do have a larger fan base than you. Our spending power is not to be laughed at - we were only a place behind you in the last 'rich list' that came out (extremely impressive, considering our decade or so of midtable mediocrity and no lucrative European football to speak of), while our spending over the last 3 years has totalled roughly £80m. And then we outdo you in terms of honours and trophies won, and how recent those successes have been. That's MY view on things though...and I do think it'll take at least a season or two before you even overtake us, let alone break into the top 4. Spurs have already rebuilt and are doing things the right way, from top to bottom. Some more money and a new manager are only a small step in the right direction.

Gah, what a waste of time. Far too long. Knew I didn't want to get involved  >:(