Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Given for captain ffs. He's the most logical.

Butt can fuck off (not literally, just away from the armband). He's alright and he's redeemed himself after the pathetic performance in Cardiff, but captain material? Fuck off.

Given would make a shit captain, cant even marshal his defense properly nevermind a whole team.

That's a myth. And tbh, it's not like he has the best defense in front of him eh? It's not even his job ffs. The only time we've had a decent central defender in our team (Woodgate btw, in case you were wondering), our defence looked and was good (enough).

If we had decent defenders, they wouldn't need to be 'marshalled'. Do you see Petr Cech marshalling John Terry? How about Buffon marshalling Cannavaro (when Fab was at Juve)? How about Reina marshalling Carragher? No.

Was Shearer the type to shout at his teammates and lift them onto a higher place? No. Did he need to be? Again, no.

There is a case against Shay being given the captaincy, that I'll admit. But you can't make a decent case for anyone else at the club for the captaincy, which is why Shay deserves it.

Guest Guinness

I personally didn't want to see Scott Parker leave this summer. On his day he's a great player and I thought Big Sam would be able to get the best out of him, although £8.5m is an incredibly tempting offer.

Given for captain ffs. He's the most logical and worthy.

Butt can fuck off (not literally, just away from the armband). He's alright and he's redeemed himself after the pathetic performance in Cardiff, but captain material? Fuck off.

Given can't even organise the defense very well tbh, never mind the whole team.

Butt, plays very deep, sees the majority of the play. Very experienced and very intelligent player, who has simply come on in leaps and bounds. He's one of the mature heads in the squad, no doubt about it. He's Captain material.

I can put up with that for a season. :)

Take the 8.5, don't push it or they'll go elsewhere.  It's good business, let's not get greedy.  Do we even need to be at the moment...?

£8.5m is probably £5m more than his true worth.

Exactly. blueyes.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

how the fuck can we be selling at player that is top drawer on Prozone? that's not very scientific

Given would make a shit captain, cant even marshal his defense properly nevermind a whole team.

That's a myth. And tbh, it's not like he has the best defense in front of him eh? It's not even his job ffs. The only time we've had a decent central defender in our team (Woodgate btw, in case you were wondering), our defence looked and was good (enough).

If we had decent defenders, they wouldn't need to be 'marshalled'. Do you see Petr Cech marshalling John Terry? How about Buffon marshalling Cannavaro (when Fab was at Juve)? How about Reina marshalling Carragher? No.

Was Shearer the type to shout at his teammates and lift them onto a higher place? No. Did he need to be? Again, no.

There is a case against Shay being given the captaincy, that I'll admit. But you can't make a decent case for anyone else at the club for the captaincy, which is why Shay deserves it.

No i cant.

But you can't make a decent case for anyone else at the club for the captaincy,

Nonsense tbh, mate!

I'd have Nobby and Butt ahead of Given in the pecking order.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Has anyone been on KUMB? They poor darlings reckon hes an attacking midfielder :lol:

he is when he's not in a team as weak as piss

Why are you people acting as if Parker is gone already ?

I see people saying 'take the money', what's the problem?

Thay are already picking his replacment and the new captin ffs :lol:

Wishful thinking. ;)

No i cant.

Erm.. that was what I said..

Guest johnson293

Butt can f*** off (not literally, just away from the armband). He's alright and he's redeemed himself after the pathetic performance in Cardiff, but captain material? f*** off.

Given can't even organise the defense very well tbh, never mind the whole team.

Agree with this - Keepers dont make effective captains, no matter how worthy.

We need someone in the thick of it, who can sort players out, and give a kick up the arse when needed in a match.

Butt has already shown he aint afraid to open his mouth about the slackers.

I think Parker gets too much stick and doing a purely defensive midfield job can be excellent but £8.5m is way over the odds for a limited player.

I'd like to see us keep Emre too, see if we can get some consistency out of him.

Guest gggg

On the West Ham board, they reckon they can get £7-9 Million for Reo-Coker! :lol:

It's silly season. I wouldn't be suprised if someone offered £8.5m for Scott Parker.

Why are you people acting as if Parker is gone already ?

I see people saying 'take the money', what's the problem?

Thay are already picking his replacment and the new captin ffs :lol:

Well a bid is in for him and its reported that Sam may let him go? - The bid is a quite a lot of money, the point of this thread is surely to discuss the potential sell and its effects at the club?

Can't see anything wrong in what people have said so far...