Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Why are you people acting as if Parker is gone already ?

I see people saying 'take the money', what's the problem?

Thay are already picking his replacment and the new captin ffs :lol:

Well a bid is in for him and its reported that Sam may let him go? - The bid is a quite a lot of money, the point of this thread is surely to discuss the potential sell and its effects at the club?

Can't see anything wrong in what people have said so far...

There isn't anything wrong, i am just saying that were getting a little ahead of ourselves. i am sure Sam Allardyce will come tommorw and say he is "shocked at reports linking Parker to West Ham and dosn't know anything about a bid from West Ham".

Guest Invicta_Toon

it won't be a question of us selling Parker, it will be us letting Parker go because he thinks this club is a bunch of cunts tbh

Given for captain ffs. He's the most logical.

Butt can fuck off (not literally, just away from the armband). He's alright and he's redeemed himself after the pathetic performance in Cardiff, but captain material? Fuck off.

Given would make a shit captain, cant even marshal his defense properly nevermind a whole team.

But you can't make a decent case for anyone else at the club for the captaincy,

Nonsense tbh, mate!

I'd have Nobby and Butt ahead of Given in the pecking order.

Solano's not even guaranteed to start every game next season tbh. His form fluctuates and he's the technical type of player who'll drift in and out of the game (especially when he's playing in midfield). We shouldn't make him 'undroppable', as Parker sadly was.

With Butt, even though he's forgiven for the Cardiff incident, it certainly isn't forgotten. His started off brilliantly (against Boro away I think), but then faded and ended his season on that horrible note which was Cardiff. Then he disappeared on loan for a season. Even though he's arguably our player of the season, that fact is tainted by the more important fact that this was our worst season for fucking ages man!! And who's to say he'll be able to continue to perform like he has? I don't see him as captain material, as well. We don't have any players in the team who are natural leaders, which is why I'm saying Given because I don't want to see another case of a player losing form but yet the manager is afraid to drop him because he's the captain. Given's consistent, has actually saved us on numerous occasions, shown his loyalty to the club, practically undroppable just by himself and not injury-prone. That's why Given's case trumps everybody else's.

it won't be a question of us selling Parker, it will be us letting Parker go because he thinks this club is a bunch of cunts tbh

Cockneys sticking togevver ey guvnor?

Has anyone been on KUMB? They poor darlings reckon hes an attacking midfielder :lol:

he is when he's not in a team as weak as piss

He had a good 6 month period at Charlton, that's it :lol:

Give it to Taylor. It would mean the world to him and you just know that he would not let anyone down.

No ta, worse idea i've heard so far.

In the future, but the lad needs experience to improve his own game nevermind influence other peoples and look after a whole team.

He'd pick up more booking than Vinny Jones if we made him captain right now.

Taylor's probably the key player in the first eleven that needs the most help, etc. Giving him the captaincy would daft because, as TT says, he needs help in his own game before he can help others.

west ham have more money than sense, i would normally want us to accept as soon as possible, £8.5m is far too much for such an average player, but i sense we can squeeze even more out of them.

Whilst I am not his biggest critic on here 8.5 million is too good a deal to turn down. I am sure we can buy players just as effective as him for a fraction of the price.

Its seems he is not happy here and alot of the fans are not on his side, it would make sense to sell him.

I don't think NRC is as bad as some make out but I have had enough of the bling brigade to be honest, it would be a hard choice between him and Barton not bad players but both with different attitude problems.

Guest gggg

we need to start signing players.

The transfer window hasnt even opened yet. Only one deal has been done I think Bale to Spurs.

Guest teepee

i really rate parker - and if we have all that cash mentioned we shouldn't sell - but if we dont, then it is probably too good a deal to turn down.

however, i loathe the prospect of barton being his replacement!