Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469448&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=2&title=Hammers+move+for+Parker

Hammers move for Parker

By Peter ORourke -  Created on 30 May 2007

Sky Sports News understands West Ham have tabled an £8.5million bid for Newcastle captain Scott Parker.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is believed to be willing to let Parker move on as he looks to raise money for his own transfer plans.

West Ham chief Alan Curbishley is keen to sign Parker as he is a big fan of the England international from their time together at Charlton.

Parker, who is currently recovering from a hernia operation, endured a difficult season at Newcastle last term after coming in for some criticism from his own fans.

Curbishley is in the market for a new midfielder with Nigel Reo-Coker expected to move on after handing in a transfer request.

Newcastle are believed to be lining up a move for Manchester City star Joey Barton as a possible replacement for Parker should he leave St James' Park.

Guest gggg

Talk of Reo-coker involved as well.

Hope not.

Eh? £8.5m + Reo Coker involved doesn't add up.

link?

Guest LUKASJJ

Take the money!!! Then buy Barton and Alou Diarra with the money!! DO IT!!! But dont fancy Reo Coker

Talk of Reo-coker involved as well.

Hope not.

Eh? £8.5m + Reo Coker involved doesn't add up.

link?

No one said £8.5m + NRC, just that he could be involved in part of the deal.

SSN's now.

Vile as fuck for people on Virgin, no SSN during the summer is going to be a sickener.

I feel for them, but they had their chance to move to sky for free and didn't take their chance, so sympathy can only extend so far.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vile as fuck for people on Virgin, no SSN during the summer is going to be a sickener.

they should get sky then the daft tits

Guest WalkervilleMag

good offer, suppose we will have to accept it. Shame really, one of the few players we have that actually plays for the shirt.  the Doilums in the East Stand get there way i suppose

Guess only time will tell if it's worth selling him or not.  I got a lot of respect for Parker as he gives 110% every time, but he has been pretty poor for us going forward.  Perhaps with a proper manager at the helm (I dont rate Souness or Roeder as proper managers compared to Sam Allerdyce!) he would be coached in to playing much better than what he has done for us so far.  Nicky Butt can have the DM role instead if Parker goes, so its not like were stuck without him (unless Butt get's injured).

£8.5 million is good money, even using part of that to land Barton is great thinking, but Barton is a massive twat and he will cause problems at any club he ends up at.

Fantastic money for him, and he probably needs a move. It's just not worked for him here lately, and I bet he'll fancy moving back down to London. Nowt against the bloke, but that's a great deal for us.