Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

west ham have more money than sense, i would normally want us to accept as soon as possible, £8.5m is far too much for such an average player, but i sense we can squeeze even more out of them.

How much money do they actually have?  Who owns them?  As far as I remember its some kind of consortium, but who does that include outisde of Eggert Magnussen?

Ok long time reader, first time Poster.

thoughts about Parker are that:

his Newcastle career was over the moment Roeder decided he should be our box to box midfielder.  You can say many things about souness (C**t) is my personal favourite but atleast he knew how to get the best out of him.  Parker's performances in first season were utterly awesome(Arsenal game) was one of best i have ever seen not for technical ability but for sheer heart and wllingness to win and say you shall not break us down.  Lost count the number of times i was sat in my seat and the M.O.M was announced Parker, he became a real fans hero, he also seemed to really fall in love with the place ala Rob Lee.  Then Glandular Fever hit and his energy levels fell dramatically towards the end of season meaning his season somewhat ended on a whimper.

Second season Rodent in his wisdom decided to send Parker onto the park with the instructions to run box to box for 90 mins and pick up ball around centre circle and see a killer pass.

can you see Mourinho deciding to tell Makelele to do that and for Lampard to sit back? didnt think so, que lots of spinning round in  a circle frustrating crowd because simply that is not in Parker's footballing brain to do so.  If you are an opposing player/manager would you prefer Parker trying to slot martins through on goal or seeing him put your star playmaker 10 feet in the air wiining ball and starting off an attack?

now do we sell giving the price being offered? to be honest i dont think we have a choice as i think we lost Parker the moment the minority muppets abused him against SheffUtd (one of my worst feelings as a Toon Fan seeing that)being a season ticket holder looking at Parker's body language during games i felt a move was inevitable, just hasnt had same drive as when he first came.

Replacement? Got ta admit i am a huge Barton fan(if you look past the fact he is a total fruit cake) reminds me very much like Gerrard in the way he drives at a back four with aggression, he also can put a ball on a 6pence from various ranges and spot a killer little pass behind back four when necessary watch the 3-0 before Souness was sacked, but he is not Parkers replacement due to the fact Parker should not have been used in that way in the first place.

So to summarise if you do leave scotty, good luck and i wish you all the best, never forget you tapping out Arsenal home game.

Ah right did a bit of digging and found out that its Björgólfur Guðmundsson who owns about 90% of West Ham.  He's got about £600 million in the bank.  His son is (who as far as I can tell has nothing to do with West Ham financially) is Björgólfur Thor Björgólfsson (one hell of a name that!).  He has around £1.7 billion in the bank...

west ham is owned by a icelandic bilionarie and his son is richer than your new messiahs so that have a lot of cash.

He isn't richer actually, not according to the info I can see anyway.

Who is this icelandic billionaire and also who is my messiah?.....  I'm not religious  :undecided:

Bjorgolfur gudmundsson is the icelandic billionaire and his son Thor Björgólfsson is 249th-richest person  in the world.

Our new messiah is  Mr Ashley

£8.5m is too good to turn down.

Though i do believe Roeder helped make him look like a pile of shite last season, after he'd been one of the more impressive performers the season before (ditto with Zoggy).

Gonna have to buy a lot of players this summer...

Lynchpin of my Proevo team gone now.

And I'll have to change my username.

Bullocks.

That is all

"Joey Barton's fist of fury"

You can have that.

'Smokin' Joey Barton

"Joey Barton's side parting"

Except he doesnt have one.

Joey Barton's nan cuts his hair.

Fact.

Ah right did a bit of digging and found out that its Björgólfur Guðmundsson who owns about 90% of West Ham.  He's got about £600 million in the bank.  His son is (who as far as I can tell has nothing to do with West Ham financially) is Björgólfur Thor Björgólfsson (one hell of a name that!).  He has around £1.7 billion in the bank...

west ham is owned by a icelandic bilionarie and his son is richer than your new messiahs so that have a lot of cash.

He isn't richer actually, not according to Forbes anyway.

old stats if you look at british list that was in this forum thor is number 20.But most of his wealth is invested so they dont have as much of pocket money as Mr Ashley

old stats if you look at british list that was in this forum thor is number 20.But most of his wealth is invested so they dont have as much of pocket money as Mr Ashley

Thor Björgólfsson doesn't even live in Britain does he?  Which British list do you mean?, the Sunday Times rich list?  If so Björgólfur Guðmundsson isn't on there AFAICS.

Not that its important, I don't want to derail the thread.  I'm just interested now..

Thor Björgólfsson doesn't even live in Britain does he?  Which British list do you mean?, the Sunday Times rich list?  If so neither Björgólfur Guðmundsson nor his son are on there AFAICS.[

He lives in london and reykjavík if he is number 23 on the sunday times list and Mike Ashley there below se link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Times_Rich_List_2007

It really doesn't matter who has the biggest cock does it!?

Just interest, I wanted to know who owned West Ham and what they're worth.  The comment "more money then sense" got me wondering just how little sense the guy might have :lol:

He lives in london and reykjavík if he is number 23 on the sunday times list and Mike Ashley there below se link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Times_Rich_List_2007

Yeah I saw that just after I posted.  Thor Björgólfsson is at 23 with £2.04B and Ashley is at 25 with 1.9B.  Pretty close given its an estimation anyway.  Still his father is the one who owns West Ham and he's not on the list (£600 million I think is his worth).  Now if I need to wind up a west ham fan I can just tell them "your owner isn't even a billionaire in pounds so there!" :lol:

[/Yeah I saw that just after I posted.  Thor Björgólfsson is at 23 with £2.04B and Ashley is at 25 with 1.9B.  Pretty close given its an estimation anyway.  Still his father is the one who owns West Ham and he's not on the list (£600 million I think is his worth).  Now if I need to wind up a west ham fan I can just tell them "your owner isn't even a billionaire in pounds so there!" :lol:  ]

:celb: that´s true