Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Guest Morph

Give a shit, I think we should keep Parker.  Under the new management who knows what out current players are going to perform like after the rumours that were doing the rounds regards some players attitudes when Roeder was here.

Barton for me seems like the type of player who'll try and grab the game by the scruff of the neck and try and dominate the midfield area. Something lacking since Batty left really...and probably technically better too.

Absolutely, i was shocked when i found out that he has only scored a couple more than Parker this season because he is capable of so much more. Although, i think it has something to do with Man citys lack of goals and there poor season.

For me he EXACTLY the type of playmaker we need. If Butt plays as well as he did last season they would be awesome IMO.

Barton and playmaker shouldn't be in the same sentence. If you don't know what a playmaker is you shouldn't express opinions about football.

Playmaker. A person who creates play perhaps. Or have you got your definiton from a computer game that i don't play?

Would you care to venture into some debate about why he isn't a playmaker, or is that beyond your intelligence?

There's no debate; Barton is not a playmaker. Creativity is not one of his strengths. He is about as creative as a brick. He is a central midfielder. A playmaker is someone who consistently creates goalscoring opportunities and will get many assists. We don't have one in our team.

Pretty much agree about Barton. He's not a playmaker, he's just a clogger really from what I've seen, although he's still better than Parker.

8.5M for Parker is great business. Butt had a much better season than Parker - he had a great first season but he was awful at times last year. I'd rather not use the money for Barton & if Sam can he should use it to try & get Nolan.

Why would you want to replace him with that joker? tbh Nolan's a key member of my premiership over-rated list which  consists of:

kevin Nolan

Anton Ferdinand

Frank Lampard

Jamie Carragher

Philipe Senderos

Michael Owen

Matt taylor (just makes the list)

Must be a whoosh because nobody could be thick enough to be serious about this list that should only be Ferdinand and Lampard.

So many different prices being reported but £7mill  seems to be the most common price in the papers.

I'd still snap their hand off, but then even in the current market I'd take £1m for him. He's hopeless. Sooner he's gone the better.

Give a shit, I think we should keep Parker.  Under the new management who knows what out current players are going to perform like after the rumours that were doing the rounds regards some players attitudes when Roeder was here.

It's a fair comment but it would surely have to apply to everyone?

So many different prices being reported but £7mill  seems to be the most common price in the papers.

I'd still snap their hand off, but then even in the current market I'd take £1m for him. He's hopeless. Sooner he's gone the better.

I don't think snapping their hands off is the most sensible way to go about it when there's a decent chance we could get a bit more money. It seems there are a lot of people out there who rate Parker highly, it's worth seeing just what we can get.

Ridiculous selling him for £7m. Our best CM we have at the club and we let him go for virtually nothing.

Don't care what the vocal minority say the facts are their for all to see, He was our best tackler last season, our 2nd best passer, won the 2nd most fouls and has the 3rd most shots on target.

8.5M for Parker is great business. Butt had a much better season than Parker - he had a great first season but he was awful at times last year. I'd rather not use the money for Barton & if Sam can he should use it to try & get Nolan.

Why would you want to replace him with that joker? tbh Nolan's a key member of my premiership over-rated list which  consists of:

kevin Nolan

Anton Ferdinand

Frank Lampard

Jamie Carragher

Philipe Senderos

Michael Owen

You have quoted a right mixed bag there. Senderos & A Ferdinand I can agree with. I'm trying to think of anything Parker has physically, mentally or technically better than Nolan & you know what; I can't - unless you regard spinning around on yourself everytime you receive the ball as crucial to your game. Parker had lost it last year, watching him & Duff acting like a pair a Waltzers at the Hoppings was making me dizzy.

has the 3rd most shots on target.

how many did he score again?

4. That's more than Emre, Butt and Duff scored and the same amount as Milner. Only our 3 strikers and Dyer, who to be fair played for a while at striker, scored more than him.

Thank fuck you aren't chairmen then although it does explain a lot regarding your support for Shepherd. Buy high, sell low, the HTL/Shepherd guide to Business.

Guest Toon83

BBC says its a close deal

West Ham close to £7m Parker deal

Parker was made Newcastle captain at the start of the 2006/07 season

West Ham are believed to be close to sealing a £7m deal for Newcastle captain Scott Parker after fighting off late interest from Tottenham.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury held late-night talks with Parker's representatives following Spurs' move.

Parker is reportedly set to meet West Ham officials on Thursday after a fee was agreed with the Magpies.

The England midfielder, 26, played under Hammers boss Alan Curbishley when they were both at Charlton.

West Ham are in the market for a central midfielder, with skipper Nigel Reo-Coker set to move this summer.

Parker spent seven years with Curbishley at The Valley and made his England debut against Denmark in 2003 before completing a £10m move to Chelsea.

But with first-team opportunities limited at Stamford Bridge, he moved to St James' Park in a £6.5m deal in 2005 and was made skipper last summer.

However, reports suggested Parker struggled to settle in the north-east and was targeting a move south.

New Newcastle manager Allardyce is believed to be eyeing out-of-favour Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton as a potential replacement.

link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6706955.stm

I hope we've got some transfers close to completion because with who we've let go (I know they were not good enough) and it seems like Parkers on his way out we are desperately thin in terms of squad. And now with this possible takeover, the prices of our targets might just get that little bit higher.  :undecided:

if spurs were interested too then we should've waited to see if an auction would occur with each side trying to outbid the other. £7m is probably more of a fair price but disappointing considering Parker's high reputation.

Guest kingdawson

kevin Nolan

Anton Ferdinand

Frank Lampard

Jamie Carragher

Philipe Senderos

Michael Owen

Must be a whoosh because nobody could be thick enough to be serious about this list that should only be Ferdinand and Lampard.

No im deadly serious tbh. All of the players ive listed are overrated imho (maybe i was a bit harsh on taylor though).

Guest kingdawson

Would have been something satisfying though about taking £16m for Parker & Jenas from the Spuds.

load of bollocks tbh. Why would we be interested in Parker. Simply dosent make sense.

oh thanks for jenas though.

Would have been something satisfying though about taking £16m for Parker & Jenas from the Spuds.

load of bollocks tbh. Why would we be interested in Parker. Simply dosent make sense.

Apparently you just bid for him (and we rejected it), he is a spuds fan btw.

Guest johnson293

Thank f*** you aren't chairmen then although it does explain a lot regarding your support for Shepherd. Buy high, sell low, the HTL/Shepherd guide to Business.

With this deal we are making between £0.5m and £2m depending which report you believe - While the BBC claim a £7m bid, there are still loads claiming it to be a £8.5m bid.

If Parker doesn't want to be here anymore, either due to upset with supporters or simply that his family haven't settled/never came with him, then I think its best to let him go - at least we aren't losing money on a deal for a change!

Guest elbee909

No sir, thank you, thank you. :)